Possible to taper too slowly?

[...]

Is it possible to taper too slowly? Does being on the benzo longer make the tapering harder as you go along?  I have this internal struggle of impatience w/ wanting to get off it vs not wanting to suffer.

Is it possible to taper so slowly that you don't really feel any symptoms... I mean not for the general public, but for folks on this site?

I hate this! Thank you.

[f3...]
Ideally, a taper rate would mirror a known healing rate.  Sadly, healing rates aren't predictable and they seem to vary tremendously.  If you had a rapid healing rate and tapered slowly, you might have caused yourself more exposure to the drug(s) than was necessary.  But how would you know??? 

Ok so if healing rate does equal taper rate, does that mean there would be no w/d symptoms?

I realize this is all theoretical, but just curious what people think.

I hate the w/d symptoms but I also hate the thought of taking this med for so many more months and dealing with it and always second guessing if I'm tapering the right way. I hate wasting so much time and precious brain power thinking about this.

Fortunately my pdoc is on board w/ whatever I do and seems very interested in keeping me comfortable.

[f3...]

If taper rate equals healing rate, then I'd think the taper would always be a little ahead of the healing.  There would be some measure of symptom(s), but probably fairly mild and without significant/long waves.

I think taperers should taper at a rate that gives them just a little discomfort.  If that discomfort doesn't increase or decrease significantly over the long haul, then I'd say the taper rate is about right.

Purely theoretical