Looking to change to liquid titration of Ativan

[Bi...]

Good morning,

I have been tapering, dry cut off Atican for over 2 years. I had been taking Ativan 4 mg, my use spanned over 30 years and I am down to 1.39mg per day. Because of the length of time of my addiction I have been tapering very slowly. I am holding right now after several bad waves. I recently dropped from dosing 4 times per day, which I Have done for over 20 years to 3 times per day. I was hit with a bad wave and interdose withdrawal but I refuse to go backwards, or back to dosing 4 x a day.

I have watched the titration videos and think I understand the process. I am not finding people titrating off Ativan tho.

I must find a graduated cyclinder too. I am so sick of dry cutting. I have 2 scales and they never give the same reading so I never really know what I am taking. The liquid method sounds more accurate.

Has anyone done this with Ativan? I can't change over to Valium, just the thought of changing over causes me to panic.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Beth

I think there are several people titrating ativan, although the only one that comes to mind is Anne.  Maybe contact her.  You can make liquid ativan in your kitchen with a little PG or alcohol, water, a 1ml and a 10ml syringe, and a few jars.  A cylinder or big syringe might also be helpful.

Thanks SG 57, but who is Anne? Do you have her username?

I have ordered a 100 ml graduated cylinder fro Amazon. Have 1 ml syringes too.

Thanks again,

Beth

Beth,

The following is from my blog.  I had help in setting it up.  Lorazepam (Ativan) does not dissolve well in water, therefore they suggest Everclear high proof vodka.

Proposed taper of 4MG lorazepam

first dose .75MG dry      .25MG liquid

second    .75MG dry      .25MG liquid

third        .75MG dry      .25MG liquid

fourth      .75MG dry        .25MG liquid

1MG pill dissolved in 2ml vodka - then water to make 100ml - take out 1ml and toss - divide solution

among 4 doses

Continue to take out 1ml, 2ml, etc holding when necessary.  Because I am taking three dry pills, I think I can maybe go this fast on the liquid.  It would take about 100+ days to taper off 1MG.

How does this sound?  Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

Popcornlady

I will look further into the posts if you want to try this.

Patti

Check this link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=110496.0

Beth,

The following is from my blog.  I had help in setting it up.  Lorazepam (Ativan) does not dissolve well in water, therefore they suggest Everclear high proof vodka.

Proposed taper of 4MG lorazepam

first dose .75MG dry      .25MG liquid

second    .75MG dry      .25MG liquid

third        .75MG dry      .25MG liquid

fourth      .75MG dry        .25MG liquid

1MG pill dissolved in 2ml vodka - then water to make 100ml - take out 1ml and toss - divide solution

among 4 doses

Continue to take out 1ml, 2ml, etc holding when necessary.  Because I am taking three dry pills, I think I can maybe go this fast on the liquid.  It would take about 100+ days to taper off 1MG.

How does this sound?  Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

Popcornlady

I will look further into the posts if you want to try this.

Patti

Check this link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=110496.0

Thanks Patti but I am looking to titrate off 1.40 mg. the 4 mg was where I started tapering from 2 years ago. I so appreciate the time you put into this. I hope to start as soon as my equipment ordered comes in from Amazon.

I am nervous about it but as my dose gets lower I am starting to suffer more again so I feel accuracy is more important now.

Where can I get the Everclear? Nothing with alcohol in it is sold in stores in Canada. Hmmmm...

God bless you dear,

Beth

Beth,

Everclear is just high proof vodka.  Should be able to get in liquor stores.  Otherwise just plain vodka.  They suggest this in titration tapering because Ativan doesn't really dissolve in water, but does in vodka.

Patti  :smitten: