Hi, I'd like a titration taper plan please

[Am...]

So I would like to start titrating with Klonopin.

I started taking 0.5 mg a day divided into two doses (halfes) morning and evening last month...

Bear with me I'm really bad at math, would that make .250mg?

I tried halfing the half dose of 0.5mg in the evening into little quarters, but found cutting it really difficult and the cuts ended up being very random...

So now I have decided to go back to a full 0.5mg a day, cause I think the random doses mess with my system too much...and I haven't really felt well on them...

I would like to taper REALLY slowly

I do not yet have the equipment but will in about a week, so I'd like to start friday the 13th (yay)

Any help is appreciated

You might want to take your .50mg tablet, crush it into a powder and add to a 100ml cylinder. Mix it well and remove 1ml per day, making your taper 100 days long or .05mg every 10 days. This is considered a slow taper and it can be adjusted to go even slower if necessary.  :thumbsup:

If you need a formal schedule, make sure you have all the information Colin needs....

Please have the following information ready. I cannot create a schedule if any of these details are missing.

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

Please start you own titration thread on this board, and if you have any questions, someone will be along to help you.

Thanks.

Hi,

Actually, for a low dose like this, you need only follow Theresa's initial suggestion. A formal taper plan will add nothing when tapering off a single 0.5mg tablet of Klonopin.

Make up a daily dose with a crushed 0.5mg tablet with 100ml of milk. Each day, make up a fresh 100ml (using a 0.5mg pill), but reduce the amount you drink by 1ml each day. You might try reducing your dose by 2ml per day at first (you might slow to 1ml per day later), and see how you go, as 50 days to taper off 0.5mg Klonopin is still quite manageable for many.

Thanks guys, ok I think I got the idea as to how this works now mostly...but am sooo nervous about it.... :-\

So I make the 100ml milk Benzo mix in the morning, then drink half of it in the morning and half in the evening, since I've been having my doses two times a day... removing 1ml from the 100ml mix each day?

Also how important is it to drink it at exactly the same time each day?

Well I'll keep you updated...starting the 13th...great day for starting too lol  :thumbsup:

Any thing else I need to keep in mind?

Best and thanks,

Me

[62...]

Thanks guys, ok I think I got the idea as to how this works now mostly...but am sooo nervous about it.... :-\

So I make the 100ml milk Benzo mix in the morning, then drink half of it in the morning and half in the evening, since I've been having my doses two times a day... removing 1ml from the 100ml mix each day?

Well I'll keep you updated...starting the 13th...great day for starting too lol  :thumbsup:

Best and thanks,

Me

Juts to keep if refrigerated of course and somewhere that no one else will mistake it for a regular glass of milk...think Colin and T2 gave you what you need...let us know how it goes.

Just Breathe

Best and thanks,

Me

Hi Amber83,

You have the procedure correct.  :thumbsup:  It is recommended to drink it close to the same time every day.  :thumbsup: I used an extra long straw to stir the contents in the cylinder before drawing out the daily amount.

If you have more questions, just ask!

T2 :smitten:

removing 1ml from the 100ml mix each day?

Make up 100ml each day, using a crushed 0.5 Klonopin pill, but drink just 99ml from the 100ml on day1; 98ml from the 100ml on day2; 97ml from the 100ml on day3, and so on. ;)

It doesn't matter if your two doses do not match exactly (you can drink a 49ml and 48ml dose). Most people try to keep their doses even, so this would mean taking these two doses 12 hours apart.

Thanks guys...

still nervous but now kinda exited I'm going to start and live drug free!

Not had the best day today, really depressed this morning...then just slept all day...

So much in my life has to change...I hope I'll have the strength to do this.

Again thank you for the support!

[62...]

Thanks guys...

still nervous but now kinda exited I'm going to start and live drug free!

Not had the best day today, really depressed this morning...then just slept all day...

So much in my life has to change...I hope I'll have the strength to do this.

Again thank you for the support!

Amber- You do have the strength to do it and we are all here to support you....the first step feels a little scary but once you cross that wall of anticipation....you have made a huge leap.

Just Breathe :smitten:

I am so over this...

I want to just cut the dose in half for a week or two and then stop...ugh...I know I won't do it but I want to. I want all this  sxxx to stop and feel normal again.

I swear I'll never take my health for granted...

I feel like crap right now...

Sorry for this but these last few months have been the craziest of my entire life....I am exhausted

I am so over this...

I want to just cut the dose in half for a week or two and then stop...ugh...I know I won't do it but I want to. I want all this  sxxx to stop and feel normal again.

I swear I'll never take my health for granted...

I feel like crap right now...

Sorry for this but these last few months have been the craziest of my entire life....I am exhausted

You haven't been on benzos for that long a time, you might want to try going a little faster. You could put your .50mg pill into 50ml of milk and take out 1ml per day for 50 days or you can do what you're doing with the 100ml and take 2ml out per day for 50 days and see how things go?? You can speed up and slow down depending on how you feel.  :thumbsup:

My Pdoc just told me I could just stop.

LOL

She seemed clueless and uncaring and said that the anxiety I'll feel wouldnt be from the withdrawal

arrgh...

I told her I'm really sensitive to meds and would like to titrate slowly. She had no idea what that even is...and seemed to not care if and how I get off this stuff...

Oh so fun

My Pdoc just told me I could just stop.

LOL

She seemed clueless and uncaring and said that the anxiety I'll feel wouldnt be from the withdrawal

arrgh...

I told her I'm really sensitive to meds and would like to titrate slowly. She had no idea what that even is...and seemed to not care if and how I get off this stuff...

Oh so fun

Most doctors, unfortunately, do not know about tapering benzos.  >:(

Amber,

50 days is probably plenty long enough for you taper off 0.5mg Klonopin. As Theresa said, you can always slow down if you need to.

Hi Amber, just dropped by to see if you are ready to start your taper, and are comfortable with all the instructions you have received.  It really is as simple as Colin Theresa and JB make  it sound to titrate. Crush the pill to fine powder, put in 100ml of whole milk, mix well, throw away the 1 ml. or 2 ml. each day , divide whats left into 2 nearly equal batches, and take 12 hours apart.  I found some small plastic containers at Walmart for splitting my clono dose  into the morning and evening amounts.  If you go out at night , you can then take the container with you,  so you won't be tied to the house because you need to take your benzo.    I took a little cooler bag and put one of those refreezable pouches in it to keep the milk fresh.

Don't worry about the anxiety of starting , or the wd's you have as you titrate down.  They are normal, and the speed you go will be determined by how bad the wd's might get, and how well you can tolerate them. 

Thats what we are here for, to help get you thru those extra hard days, if they come up.  For many the titration plans reduce them to very mild symptoms, and make getting off the drug a much easier process than trying to dry cut such small amounts. Lets hope you are in that group. :thumbsup:

st

Thanks, I hope so too.

Dont think I have the method dowm just right yet, was kind of a mess this morning....

With powder stuck in the glass etc...

Hope I'll get it right...

amber, if you can , describe how you are titrating , and will find out how you had " powder left in glass"  thats a new one , so something is out of line.  don't worry , whatever it is will be an easy fix.  You will quickly become comfortable with the process, after doing it a few times.  you are also likely to modify it slightly to fit your exact process, and thats normal.

St.

Yes Colin you'r right, day two of titrating I think because the powder wasnt completely IN all the fluid, I totally got too little of the Benzo and I felt horrible today...Depression, intrusive thoughtsugh...until I took just a TINY amount of an actual pill to make up for what i think I had been probably missing and BAM i feel better.

If this is how withdrawal is going to be like then yay...lol

:(

It's not for the faint hearted, that's for sure.  We'll be with you though, to help you all we can.  Would you like to start a thread in General Withdrawal Support?  Lots of folks around here who would love to get to know you and see you through this.  They don't usually come over here, this place is mostly for getting your plan in place.

Whatever you'd like to do!  ;)

Amber,

There is one other factor to consider with titration. When we crush the pills into powder, my guess is that they are probably absorbed more quickly. I think most benzo pills are absorbed over a period of an hour or two, but I would expect this to occur more quickly when we make up a liquid. This means that blood concentrations will peak more quickly, and a little higher. Additionally, blood levels will trough slighter lower before immediately before our next dose. Few people report problems when titrating, but it might be worth spreading out the liquid dose over an hour or so. I feel this might better mimic taking a pill.

Just a thought.

Hello sugars

:laugh:

SO I decided today that I'm going to dry cut, since I dont think the titration works for me...and though I WILL take it slow I am just too anxious to get off this drug..

I just bought myself a pill splitter which I just tried out and seems to be working very well in cutting even quarters of a pill.

Just sayin... ;D ;D

I mean I dry cut first last month and was already on .25 in the morning and .125 in the evening for about a week or so...my biggest problem was the cuts I made with just a knife came out too random and thats why I considered titration...

I'm glad you got a pill cutter, I can imagine what that pill looked like when you tried to cut it.  They either turn to dust or go shooting off across the room!  :o