Need plan for next steps in 2.75mg K daily milk taper.

[Su...]

Tapering K, 3xday .5 mg tabs.  Take .75 dry x3;  plus .5 dissolved in 50 ml of milk X 3. So 2.75. 

doing 2 week trial of milk with no cuts and have 1 more week of milk trial to go.    Where do I go from there??.  I want a slow daily taper due to other health issues and age.  I don't understand any of math so rely on your help, thx SG and others.....since I didn't up dose my liquid trial I want to start low and adjust upward on cuts if small cuts go well.

What is the bigger picture of this type of taper, i.e., will I always be dry/wet or gradually go to all milk?  I started at  3 mg K due to dr error in c/o from Ativan so know I have long road but want to be functional as best I can.

I basically need a plan for starting to daily cut. For next week.

I have 10 ml syringes And 1 ml syr.  100, 250 and 10 ml cylinders.  any questions or info you need from me, holler.  With great gratitude, Suzuka9

.5mg in 50ml.  The goal is to find a cut that keeps you well.  You're on 2.75mg so, when ready to taper, a place to begin might be .007mg (.7ml) a day.  This will be 8% a month, which I think is a sensible an cautious place to begin.  See how it goes for a few weeks and adjust from there.

The bigger picture?  Get on with your life, have an uneventful taper, and get off feeling well.  You have .5mg pills and three doses.  I try to liquify one pill at a time, so, if I were doing it, there would be different combinations of dry and wet until you got to 1mg, then it would go all wet.  This is determined by pill size and number of doses.

Thanks...I think I got ahead of myself as I know I will need help later when I deal with the dry .5 and .25 I take along with the wet .5. 3 X day.  So will take one step at a time.....

so I continue  by making .5 in 50 ml milk daily  and remove .7 wet total a day and then dose 3x day wet with what is left?... Plus my dry?  and then next day .8, etc to what amount? How will I know how far to daily cut amountwise? when the 50 ml is gone?  Ha...this part is confusing to me. I want to get it right since I screwed up once already and wasted a month of taper time.

I will be back to you for the next steps if I can just Get this in my thick skull.  sorry I am so pea brained, not always so ....best reason to get rid of this stuff as I really noriced the mental changes which are so embarrassing....I have not had the aha moment yet with process so appreciate any detail and patience.  step by step like I am a 62 yr old kindergartner is a ok by me.

Again, with huge gratitude, Suzuka9

You'll just keep doing what you're doing except you'll reduce .7ml a day from the milk.  Nothing else changes.  There are 50ml so you'll be in this mode for a couple of months until the milk is gone.  At that point you'll be left with 2.25mg dry.  Since you dose 3x and have .5mg pills, I'd probably then switch to 1.5mg dry+.75mg wet and repeat the process of getting rid of the liquid.  Once at 1.5mg dry I might go with .75mg dry+.75mg wet.  Do it again, getting rid of the liquid.  Then finish with .75mg wet.  Of coarse, you could just liquify the entire dose and split it three ways the entire time...that makes it easy.  But I prefer not to.  It's just my habit to liquify as little as possible.

And of coarse, this is not forced.  If you feel symptoms increasing you do not keep cutting.  Hold when needed.  And, as you get lower, the cut size will need to be adjusted smaller periodically to counteract the effect of lower blood concentration.  But this is all getting too far ahead.  The idea is to have a sane, uneventful taper and lead a normal life.

Is it easiest to take 7 ml off all at once before I start to dose for day and then I still take the 16.7 ml wet each dose each day.  Or do  I divide  the 7 ml by 3 for taking it off each dose.  Six of one....but a I was testing my syringes my 60 ml is way off so sorta scary.  Will use my dosing ones. 

So I am not increasing what I take off each day like I see some folks are doing??  I am sticking with one 7ml dose for this whole 5 mg  liquid pill plus the .75 dry. And then recalculating once I start the next phase.  is this correct?  So not really a daily micro taper as such??  I apologize for being so confused.  Again thank you for your time and efforts with a gone brain, Suzuka9

Is it easiest to take 7 ml off all at once before I start to dose for day and then I still take the 16.7 ml wet each dose each day.  Or do  I divide  the 7 ml by 3 for taking it off each dose.  Six of one....but a I was testing my syringes my 60 ml is way off so sorta scary.  Will use my dosing ones. 

So I am not increasing what I take off each day like I see some folks are doing??  I am sticking with one 7ml dose for this whole 5 mg  liquid pill plus the .75 dry. And then recalculating once I start the next phase.  is this correct?  So not really a daily micro taper as such??  I apologize for being so confused.  Again thank you for your time and efforts with a gone brain, Suzuka9

You'd remove .7ml additional each day, so .7, 1.4, 2.1, 2.8, and so on.  Otherwise you'd be holding.

Yes, it is easier to remove the .7ml before you split the liquid into three.

Thanks so much for explaining  that.  I get it now, at least for this moment!!!  many, many thanks SG 57.  suzuka9

Me again...if I cut .7, 1.4, 2.1 etc from the  50 ml milk daily, am I still taking the 16.7 in my syringe 3x day?    Wasn't sure if that changed til milk used up.  I know it will have to change once I need to change dry/ wet dose but wanted to make sure you meant that wet dose does not change for now.  Thanks!  suzuka9

Your daily wet dose is .5mg, which is 50ml.  When you begin to taper it begins to drop by .7ml each day, and this gets split evenly three ways.  No need to measure out each dose with a syringe.  You can just measure the whole dose for the day and put the three jars side by side on the counter and eyeball them even.

Lying awake trying "dry" run on  LMT taper in my head:  so I am taking .7ml off each day....do I keep the 50 ml amt stable and subtract .7 then 1.4 ,etc or pour 43 ml in conainer the second day ( due to taking 7 out) and subtract .7 again and so forth. just wondering if the 50ml stays same all the time  until I am done with the .5.  Sorry for stupid questions....but you are so patient I am comfortable asking...bless your heart,

if I need to hold would I just do the previous day's cut again?  I prefer not to up dose to start unless you think that is a good idea and makes liquid tapers mor successful so will do what you suggest.

I guess the doubling the dose cut each day sounds like a lot , is it?  Math fog a and anxiety at work....thanks again for your help to us over thinker worry wart types.......Suzuka9. 

Lying awake trying "dry" run on  LMT taper in my head:  so I am taking .7ml off each day....do I keep the 50 ml amt stable and subtract .7 then 1.4 ,etc or pour 43 ml in conainer the second day ( due to taking 7 out) and subtract .7 again and so forth. just wondering if the 50ml stays same all the time  until I am done with the .5.  Sorry for stupid questions....but you are so patient I am comfortable asking...bless your heart,

if I need to hold would I just do the previous day's cut again?  I prefer not to up dose to start unless you think that is a good idea and makes liquid tapers mor successful so will do what you suggest.

I guess the doubling the dose cut each day sounds like a lot , is it?  Math fog a and anxiety at work....thanks again for your help to us over thinker worry wart types.......Suzuka9.

Here's another way to look at it.  What matters is how much you drink.  When tapering, that will go down by .7ml a day.  So on day one it will be 49.3ml, on day two 48.6ml, day three 47.9ml, and so on.  You'll keep making 50ml every day, but you will drink less and less.  You can either toss the cut or save it.  If you need to hold just drink the same as the day before.

I think updosing prior to start is probably a good idea, but the thing is I don't know and a lot of time updosing does not change a thing.  I also don't want to send someone backwards.  For all these reasons I don't tell people to updose, but ironically it likely would be helpful.

That other way of looking at it was very helpful.  Could visualize it better.  THank you kindly for helping people learn in ways that help them understand a foreign world. 

Should I choose to updose when I start, does it need to be on liquid side or can I dry updose so I don't have to have you help me recalculate the amount to taper all over again.  I am pretty sensitive and had a rough start with accidental up dosing at length in beginning- gotten no where slow.....so I am thinking on it.  I really want to be functional....don't we all....but if I don't updose will I mainly  need to tough out more symptoms and gradually even out.  Hopefully anyway.      what might be a reasonable amount to updose?    I am on 2.75 dry and using .5 of it to practice the liquid delivery before starting.

I know you have your crystal ball there handy so I understand the position these sorts of questions put you in....You have no idea how much this helps as I have to get off this stuff, not just want to, so all your generous help is invaluable. just asking for an opinion and I know you have no crystal ball.  :D Thx Suzuka9

That other way of looking at it was very helpful.  Could visualize it better.  THank you kindly for helping people learn in ways that help them understand a foreign world. 

Should I choose to updose when I start, does it need to be on liquid side or can I dry updose so I don't have to have you help me recalculate the amount to taper all over again.  I am pretty sensitive and had a rough start with accidental up dosing at length in beginning- gotten no where slow.....so I am thinking on it.  I really want to be functional....don't we all....but if I don't updose will I mainly  need to tough out more symptoms and gradually even out.  Hopefully anyway.      what might be a reasonable amount to updose?    I am on 2.75 dry and using .5 of it to practice the liquid delivery before starting.

I know you have your crystal ball there handy so I understand the position these sorts of questions put you in....You have no idea how much this helps as I have to get off this stuff, not just want to, so all your generous help is invaluable. just asking for an opinion and I know you have no crystal ball.  :D Thx Suzuka9

What is your life like now?  I think you can taper your way to fewer symptoms with the right cut, or just by holding long enough.  Updosing can be effective or not work at all.  I think of it in jumps of 5%, so 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%.  It's up to you if you want to try it.  It won't do any harm, just may not help.  You can do it dry or wet.  I'd do dry if it were possible.  Moving to 3mg might be convenient.  That would be ~10%.

I had to go on leave from my stressful job due to sickness from tolerance w/d so don't have that stress now and no kids to take care of so easier than most that way. I am 62 so don't have youth in my favor and some other health issues, auto immune, asthma..... lousy med support tho my pcp will prescribe as he made the errors in prescribing too large of doses etc so he is not benzo wise but feels sorry I tolerated to these drugs so fast and can't stay on for life like he planned.  so he is cooperative.

I am alone all day and fairly high strung and only support is my fiancé who really can't be disturbed at work. Friends all live far away. TMI, sorry.  so grateful for this site....

I am brittle just because I know how long this takes and how just a cut of .25 slammed me.  I started on 3 mg and after first and only cut on 2/22/16 got sleepless, lost weight, appetite, shakes, nausea, aches, anxiety, etc and my second cut on 3/15 ended up being an accidental up dose from 2.75 to 2.84 due to math error and back down on 4/6 to 2.75. (3/7 put on 15 mg Remeron which helps sleep and eating) so spent 22 days updosed!  I was so upset...  as of 5/6 I am on .75 dry and 16.7 wet 3x day to try out milk-2.75.  the thought of going back up to where I started at 3 mg makes me feel I wasted all the time since 2/22.....have to cogitate on that. 

had I not thought about going liquid I was going to go down dry .125 to see what would happen next after the crazy updose.  I feel , save for the time on .25 cut, that I really have not started downward in earnest.  This has the effect of making me even more nervous but I am going to take it day by day as best I can....like everyone else....I would think a very small liquid cut might be best for a bit until I know how I am going to react.  I had not been on 3 mg long and it didn't help much more than 3 days at The time but now all the delay on the updose feels like it made me more dependent.

sorry to be so wordy, but I have spent a long time both updosed and at 2.75 so don't anticipate next cut will be easy but who knows....just smallish would help me gain the confidence I lost with the big boo boo!  Hope this helps some.  thank you, thank you, Suzuka9

I had to go on leave from my stressful job due to sickness from tolerance w/d so don't have that stress now and no kids to take care of so easier than most that way. I am 62 so don't have youth in my favor and some other health issues, auto immune, asthma..... lousy med support tho my pcp will prescribe as he made the errors in prescribing too large of doses etc so he is not benzo wise but feels sorry I tolerated to these drugs so fast and can't stay on for life like he planned.  so he is cooperative.

I am alone all day and fairly high strung and only support is my fiancé who really can't be disturbed at work. Friends all live far away. TMI, sorry.  so grateful for this site....

I am brittle just because I know how long this takes and how just a cut of .25 slammed me.  I started on 3 mg and after first and only cut on 2/22/16 got sleepless, lost weight, appetite, shakes, nausea, aches, anxiety, etc and my second cut on 3/15 ended up being an accidental up dose from 2.75 to 2.84 due to math error and back down on 4/6 to 2.75. (3/7 put on 15 mg Remeron which helps sleep and eating) so spent 22 days updosed!  I was so upset...  as of 5/6 I am on .75 dry and 16.7 wet 3x day to try out milk-2.75.  the thought of going back up to where I started at 3 mg makes me feel I wasted all the time since 2/22.....have to cogitate on that. 

had I not thought about going liquid I was going to go down dry .125 to see what would happen next after the crazy updose.  I feel , save for the time on .25 cut, that I really have not started downward in earnest.  This has the effect of making me even more nervous but I am going to take it day by day as best I can....like everyone else....I would think a very small liquid cut might be best for a bit until I know how I am going to react.  I had not been on 3 mg long and it didn't help much more than 3 days at The time but now all the delay on the updose feels like it made me more dependent.

sorry to be so wordy, but I have spent a long time both updosed and at 2.75 so don't anticipate next cut will be easy but who knows....just smallish would help me gain the confidence I lost with the big boo boo!  Hope this helps some.  thank you, thank you, Suzuka9

Your dose is 2.75mg and your planned cut is .0025mg a day.  That's .075mg after a month, which is 2.7%.  I'd say that's more than slow.  I think your body will easily be able to keep up with that and that you won't feel it.  It's an extremely safe cut.

thanks, I am as usual confused.  are you referring to liquid taper of.7 daily you noted before in the post or scratching that and doing dry cut of .125 (1/4 of a .5). I am truly sorry I don't understand things with numbers.  I never learned metric system and was an art major so I am useless and unfamiliar with numerical things.  Thanks again for your patience in helping me 'get' this stuff, Suzuka9

thanks, I am as usual confused.  are you referring to liquid taper of.7 daily you noted before in the post or scratching that and doing dry cut of .125 (1/4 of a .5). I am truly sorry I don't understand things with numbers.  I never learned metric system and was an art major so I am useless and unfamiliar with numerical things.  Thanks again for your patience in helping me 'get' this stuff, Suzuka9

I was referring to the .7ml daily cut.

thank you SG57.  I think I am going to tough it out without up dosing and see what happens....hopefully I will stabilize in time if it proves to be the wrong choice.  Appreciate it so much you helping us all as there would be no where to turn otherwise.  Suzuka9

Just wanted to check-I have been doing practice milk taper, no cut,  since 5/6 on 2.75 (5 mg milk) and was feeling very  well until the last 3 days where neck pain, benzo flu, nausea, sleep issues have ensued.  I was planning to start first cut but is it ok to wait?  I was on 2.75 since 4/6 so that is a month.  Could this be just being interpreted  by my body as a cut vs tolerance w/d?  Is there a fair try time wise to wait to know if milk is going to work or not?  just curious about other's experiences in trial period.  Thanks again and again, Suzuka9

Just wanted to check-I have been doing practice milk taper, no cut,  since 5/6 on 2.75 (5 mg milk) and was feeling very  well until the last 3 days where neck pain, benzo flu, nausea, sleep issues have ensued.  I was planning to start first cut but is it ok to wait?  I was on 2.75 since 4/6 so that is a month.  Could this be just being interpreted  by my body as a cut vs tolerance w/d?  Is there a fair try time wise to wait to know if milk is going to work or not?  just curious about other's experiences in trial period.  Thanks again and again, Suzuka9

That's weird that you'd be okay for 14 days, then get hit.  Usually, if the switch symptoms are going to hit it happens sooner.  I'd be inclined to keep holding and see how it plays out.  There's no limit on holding.

Thanks. I thought it was weird too....I feel perfectly fine today so going to see what a few more days bring .  Thanks for your thoughts.  My wiring is indeed weird so this is going to be interesting.  Much appreciation and gratitude to you as always, Suzuka9

• 3 weeks later...

Need more guidance and am trying to follow my body not my taper schedule .....since I chose not to updose before starting downward on my milk taper, I did my first .7 taper and held on that for ten days.  FIrst days felt pretty bad but gradually was feeling very well.  I did this in lieu of up dosing to see if it would help. I know I am very sensitive due to auto immune issues so react to tiny cuts

today  I did the 1.4 and again felt awful.  I don't think I can tolerate 2.1 tomorrow and may not be generally able to go right down by .7 every day at least yet.    Is there any harm in holding until I can physically do it.  I wasn't sure if with liquid taper that was ok.  I do think it will work for me, I am just going to be slow due to other health problems.  I must say I felt great after a few days after the first liquid cut. 

If I feel more stable in 3 days is it okay to cut again then???  just checking in to see if uneven timing is ok and to give a positive on the liquid method once the first few ick days were over.    thank you and hope others are benefitting from this method so patiently explained to me by SG57.    suzuka9

Need more guidance and am trying to follow my body not my taper schedule .....since I chose not to updose before starting downward on my milk taper, I did my first .7 taper and held on that for ten days.  FIrst days felt pretty bad but gradually was feeling very well.  I did this in lieu of up dosing to see if it would help. I know I am very sensitive due to auto immune issues so react to tiny cuts

today  I did the 1.4 and again felt awful.  I don't think I can tolerate 2.1 tomorrow and may not be generally able to go right down by .7 every day at least yet.    Is there any harm in holding until I can physically do it.  I wasn't sure if with liquid taper that was ok.  I do think it will work for me, I am just going to be slow due to other health problems.  I must say I felt great after a few days after the first liquid cut. 

If I feel more stable in 3 days is it okay to cut again then???  just checking in to see if uneven timing is ok and to give a positive on the liquid method once the first few ick days were over.    thank you and hope others are benefitting from this method so patiently explained to me by SG57.    suzuka9

Holding is fine.  Always good to hold.  What you could do is look at what you cut and how many days it took to recover and be ready to cut again.  Dividing the cut by the days will give an idea of a daily cut that will work.  So if it takes you 10 days to recover from a .7ml cut then .07ml would be a daily cut to try.  You also said you felt great after a few days so, for example, if it took three days to recover that would be .7ml/3, or .23ml.  The advantage of breaking a cut up into smaller daily cuts is the K will work harder for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update and any advice appreciated.  I have ended up daily microtapering .01 mg ( is that a tenth of the skinny syringe??🙁) a day and up to 2.6 mg per day cut.  I can't believe I still feel lousy but not as bad as bigger doses per day.  Doubling the dose daily......7,1.4,2.1 etc made fibro flare really bad. 

I plan to start doubling the . 01 each day to see how that affects me.  I live on Tylenol....Should  I hold every once in awhile if I feel bad even at this low dose. I feel like I will be doing this til I am 70 but whatever....Any thoughts appreciated.  I am obviously going to have to stay on lower doses due to my other health problems.  Thx so much.  Suzuka        Will be asking for next step once I finish this liquid .5 ln 50 ml of milk,  take 3x day and dry .75 3x day.  K. 

Just an update and any advice appreciated.  I have ended up daily microtapering .01 mg ( is that a tenth of the skinny syringe??🙁) a day and up to 2.6 mg per day cut.  I can't believe I still feel lousy but not as bad as bigger doses per day.  Doubling the dose daily......7,1.4,2.1 etc made fibro flare really bad. 

I plan to start doubling the . 01 each day to see how that affects me.  I live on Tylenol....Should  I hold every once in awhile if I feel bad even at this low dose. I feel like I will be doing this til I am 70 but whatever....Any thoughts appreciated.  I am obviously going to have to stay on lower doses due to my other health problems.  Thx so much.  Suzuka        Will be asking for next step once I finish this liquid .5 ln 50 ml of milk,  take 3x day and dry .75 3x day.  K.

Can you remind me of your drug, dose, and cut rate?