Klonopin tapering question

[co...]

Started a taper from 1mg K by compounding 15mg into a 60ml solution. Started by taking 4ml per day, 1ml midafternoon and 3ml at bedtime. That works out to be 0.25mg/1ml. I began by subtracting 0.1ml/week alternately from afternoon dose and evening dose. Now I'm 12 weeks in and taking 0.8ml in afternoon and 2.0 ml evening. Starting to have some pretty significant insomnia even though that works out still to only about a 3% drop per week. My question is should I start over and increase time between drops or hold now and try to push through the insomnia? Also taking some supplements from neurogenetics that have helped with withdrawal symptoms to some degree. Also trying to get in the float tank once every two weeks with helps also.

A build of stress and a bereavement got me to this point a year and a half ago, didn't sleep for like 5 nights straight. Got the k script from my GP and have been trying to taper at different points ever since. This is the first "slow" taper I've ever done. It goes ok until I hit the 0.5mg mark, then insomnia sets in and I get crazy depressed and go back to 1mg. Any taper advice or other guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'd say the insomnia is telling you your body can't keep up and you need to slow down.  Your liquid is awfully strong... .25mg/ml.  This makes for inaccurate cutting and a bumpier ride.  Can it be diluted?  Also, I think you would feel better by breaking you weekly cut into seven daily cuts.  This gets the drug to work for you and help keep symptoms away.  Your cut rate is sensible - 11% a month.  Generally speaking, that is a good range to be around.  A lot of people do well around 10% give or take.

SG57  I was thinking of restarting, ie stabilizing on 1mg again, and then doing daily water titration method. I'm referring to the common one where you would take one whole 0.5mg tablet and then drop the other in 100ml water, taking out 1ml + 1 everyday and drinking what's left. Do you think this is a more suitable plan in your opinion?

Updosing is always a hard decision - it seems to be always unclear if it is the best thing to do.  It is up to you.  You know how you feel.

You can put the pill in plain water - that can be made to work with a lot of skill.  But we have methods that will allow you to dissolve the K, so why not take advantage of that, since dissolving ensures even distribution?  This type of plan is a good one though.  You'll be able to control your symptoms and pretty much eliminate them with enough care and patience.

SG57 Sorry to keep bothering you but could you put the link for the specific method you're referring to? Or the one you would personally put your seal of approval on. Thanks for all your help

I don't have a link.  The formula is pretty basic though: liquify part or all, spread it out evenly, make small daily reductions holding as needed.  Cutting should be slower than you heal to remain in a stable place the entire taper.  The right cut is not hard to find.

For K, I'd liquify with PG and water, or alcohol and water.  Pill size and number of doses will determine the details.  But you already have a liquid, although it is much too strong.

I don't have a link.  The formula is pretty basic though: liquify part or all, spread it out evenly, make small daily reductions holding as needed.  Cutting should be slower than you heal to remain in a stable place the entire taper.  The right cut is not hard to find.

For K, I'd liquify with PG and water, or alcohol and water.  Pill size and number of doses will determine the details.  But you already have a liquid, although it is much too strong.

I'm starting over and have taken your advice with the daily cuts and les concentrated suspension. I'm going to make a 150ml suspension that will be 0.1mg/ml. So I'll start at 10ml and then every day drop down by 0.02ml. That brings the weekly decrease to 1.2%. Should be able to manage that with fair accuracy with a 10ml and 1ml syringe. Luckily I'm in the science field and have access to some useful glassware, etc. I guess I'll let folks know how it's going periodically or if I have questions. 83 weeks, approximately. At least, as you said, I'll have better control of symptoms as the arise. Peace out, SG57. Thanks again!