I have my Roxane 1:1 liquid Valium solution, taper plan help pls?

[Be...]

I was given 30Ml of liquid valium and a really cheap orange 1ml oral syringe. 

My current dose is 1mg of valium.  Other than that I have no idea what I'm doing!  Please help!

I was given 30Ml of liquid valium and a really cheap orange 1ml oral syringe. 

My current dose is 1mg of valium.  Other than that I have no idea what I'm doing!  Please help!

Well, what do you want to do?...daily microtaper?

If yes, just mix 10ml of your liquid V with 90ml water.  Now you have 100ml, each ml contains .1mg V

Do you want to cut .01mg/day (.1 reduction per 10 days?  Then day 1 take 9.9ml, day 2 9.8ml, day 3 9.7...9.6...9.5 etc.

You can do that with your 1ml syringe, but if you have both a 1ml and a 10ml syringe, it will be a lot easier.

Yes!  And I found the other post I was thinking of... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.0

It has one mixing 1ML into the 100ml and then reducing it by 1ml per day and drinking the leftovers.  That requires mixing a solution every day though.  I'm assuming with your way you just use the same solution each day and mix up more when it's almost gone? Or dose taking the dose out change the ratios of V to water and you still have to make a new dose every day? Do you do the 9ml with the 10ml syringe and then the .9 with the 1ml?

Yes!  And I found the other post I was thinking of... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.0

It has one mixing 1ML into the 100ml and then reducing it by 1ml per day and drinking the leftovers.  That requires mixing a solution every day though.  1)I'm assuming with your way you just use the same solution each day and mix up more when it's almost gone? Or dose taking the dose out change the ratios of V to water and you still have to make a new dose every day? 2) Do you do the 9ml with the 10ml syringe and then the .9 with the 1ml?

1)  Mix a "batch" use what you need each day (or each dose), and make a new batch when you need to.  There is no need to make a new batch each day, and no need to discard anything.

2)  Yes, for 9.9ml, I would measure out 9ml in the 10ml syringe, and .9ml in a 1ml syringe.

See, this really isn't complicated!  :)

Thank you!

You said in another post to not tie my taper to a timetable, to go based on symptoms and slow down if needed.  If I need to do so with your method here, how do I go about that?  Just hold at that current dose? or is there a way to make the drops even smaller?

And last question, what syringes are people using?  The one the pharmacy gave me is a total POS.  Is there a brand or type people like?  do you use a dispensing (blunt tip) needle? 

Sorry for all the questions!  I want to get everything down pat and set out while I still have a week and a half of pills left.

Thank you!

You said in another post to not tie my taper to a timetable, to go based on symptoms and slow down if needed.  If I need to do so with your method here, how do I go about that?  Just hold at that current dose?1)  or is there a way to make the drops even smaller?

And last question, 2) what syringes are people using? The one the pharmacy gave me is a total POS.  Is there a brand or type people like?  do you use a dispensing (blunt tip) needle? 

Sorry for all the questions!  I want to get everything down pat and set out while I still have a week and a half of pills left.

1) If you want to go slower, make smaller cuts...9.95ml, 9.90ml, 9.85ml, 9.80ml etc.  That would be a .005mg/day cut.

2) Oral syringes are pretty simple, basic devices...they're kinda like a "liquid ruler".  The ones from the pharmacy will work fine.  You can get some better ones from Amazon, but they still do the same job.  You don't need anything with any kind of needle, or even a fancy tip.  Again, a syringe is kinda like a ruler...nothing fancy.  Some 1ml syringes will have 50 graduations (.02ml) and some will have 100 graduations (.01ml)  You might prefer the .01/100 graduation ones.

But don't get too hung up on accuracy and precision.  Consistency is much more important.  As long as you follow the same procedure each day, with the same tools, it won't matter if the actual measurement is not perrfect.

Haha, that's what I thought! You get used to the taste. Wish I was down to 1mg (at 3.5mg).

Bella, I wish you the best.

mother of god that stuff tastes nasty....

You can dilute it, you know.  Or you can stir it into fruit juice or a soft drink.

It was diluted!  :laugh:

I've got my beaker and other such tools and I've been on the liquid at 1mg for a week so tonight I'm starting the taper, wish me luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you don't mind me joining your discussion? Builder your explanation makes sense but I am still not sure what to do because I am at 1.25 mg daily dose.

I am confused about diluting Roxane liquid Valium. Can it be diluted with water or not.

I have heard conflicting recommendations.

I am already freaked out about how to dilute it, but I will keep reading this discussion thread until I understand.

But can I dilute with WATER? I think that's what you did Bella. Is it working?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Heathcliff

If I am at 1.25 daily dose and If I want to decrease my dose by .05, Do I mix 10 ml of water to 1.25 ml of Valium to get 10 to 1 solution? And then do I just take off .5 ml and drink the rest?

And instead of drinking it all at once, Can I split it into three equal doses per day?

So is it 10 ml water to 1.25 ml of Roxane?

Heathcliff

I'm not sure on how you would do the mix and dosage that way so perhaps Builder can answer that better.  I did reply to your PM though, with the method that I am using.  I like it better because you don't throw any valium mixture away.

If I am at 1.25 daily dose and If I want to decrease my dose by .05, Do I mix 10 ml of water to 1.25 ml of Valium to get 10 to 1 solution? And then do I just take off .5 ml and drink the rest?

And instead of drinking it all at once, Can I split it into three equal doses per day?

Heathcliff

I hope you don't mind me joining your discussion? Builder your explanation makes sense but I am still not sure what to do because I am at 1.25 mg daily dose.

I am confused about diluting Roxane liquid Valium. Can it be diluted with water or not.

I have heard conflicting recommendations.

I am already freaked out about how to dilute it, but I will keep reading this discussion thread until I understand.

But can I dilute with WATER? I think that's what you did Bella. Is it working?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Heathcliff

Absolutely it can be diluted with water.  Or it can be diluted with most any "drinkable" liquid...fruit juice, soft drink, etc.  But for tapering, water is probably best.  It is stable, non-perishable, cheap, doesn't need refrigeration, etc.

The label on the original container says..."dilute before using to enhance palatability"

I used this Rx liquid V for my taper for 2 years.  I usually diluted 9:1, prepared enough dilute liquid to last 10-14 days, and stored it at room temp, protected from light.

Heathcliff

Add 10ml/10mg liquid V and 90ml water.  Now you have 100ml dilute liquid V, each ml contains .1mg V.

1.25mg=12.5ml liquid

1.20mg=12.0ml

1.15mg=11.5ml,

etc.

You don't "take off" anything, you just draw out the desired dose, and take it.  100ml will lat 8-10 days.

You can divide up your doses any way you choose.

Thank you! I think I've got it now.

One more question, does the liquid Valium "settle down"in the 100 ml solution? Do you have to shake it up or mix before you use it again each time?

I'll be back with more questions if I need to.

I wish you both good luck with your tapers!

Heathcliff

Thank you! I think I've got it now.

One more question, does the liquid Valium "settle down"in the 100 ml solution? Do you have to shake it up or mix before you use it again each time?

I'll be back with more questions if I need to.

I wish you both good luck with your tapers!

Heathcliff

No, but it certainly doesn't do any harm.

It creates a true dilute solution.  It does not settle out.

Thank you  builder and BellaP for being so helpful! I don't know what I'd do without all benzo buddies! Heathcliff