Withdrawal while titrating...please help!

[le...]

Hello buddies,

I am titrating my klonopin dose and really having a hard time.  I am a 17 year user of klonopin (usually staying around .5 mg day...but going up on occasion over those years.  Very up and down...) I am wondering if the fact that I have had it in my system for so many years is what makes each cut so painful. I just cut from .20mg/20ml a day (actually .10mg/10 ml  twice a day) to .16mg/16ml (.08mg/8ml twice a day). I cut this much because of feeling like I was very inaccurate at cutting in 1ml increments (I am using milk instead of water, and so it is a little more difficult when the milk film stays on the cylinder).

I think it was day before yesterday that I did this cut, and I really feel awful.  Most of my symptoms are muscle pain or respiratory related or headache.  Very little stomach involvement.

I would love thoughts any of you may have regarding long time use and withdrawal symptoms. Is my body so used to this drug that it is really fighting hard against me trying to get off of it?  I keep wondering if this is all in my mind, because it is so hard for me to believe that taking such a tiny amount out of an already tiny dose would be causing such great pain????

Also, how long can you save the liquid that you make while titrating?  I made up 50ml. yesterday, and drew up 8ml. with my syringe, yesterday morning and at night.  That leaves a whole lot of liquid that is hard for me to want to throw away.  Does anyone keep it in the refrigerator and use it until it is gone?  Or does it lose its potency?

Thank you for any thoughts/advice!

~Leena

[e6...]

Hello buddies,

I am titrating my klonopin dose and really having a hard time.  I am a 17 year user of klonopin (usually staying around .5 mg day...but going up on occasion over those years.  Very up and down...) I am wondering if the fact that I have had it in my system for so many years is what makes each cut so painful. I just cut from .20mg/20ml a day (actually .10mg/10 ml  twice a day) to .16mg/16ml (.08mg/8ml twice a day). I cut this much because of feeling like I was very inaccurate at cutting in 1ml increments (I am using milk instead of water, and so it is a little more difficult when the milk film stays on the cylinder).

I think it was day before yesterday that I did this cut, and I really feel awful.  Most of my symptoms are muscle pain or respiratory related or headache.  Very little stomach involvement.

I would love thoughts any of you may have regarding long time use and withdrawal symptoms. Is my body so used to this drug that it is really fighting hard against me trying to get off of it?  I keep wondering if this is all in my mind, because it is so hard for me to believe that taking such a tiny amount out of an already tiny dose would be causing such great pain????

Also, how long can you save the liquid that you make while titrating?  I made up 50ml. yesterday, and drew up 8ml. with my syringe, yesterday morning and at night.  That leaves a whole lot of liquid that is hard for me to want to throw away.  Does anyone keep it in the refrigerator and use it until it is gone?  Or does it lose its potency?

Thank you for any thoughts/advice!

~Leena

Leena- the milk must be kept refrigerated and from what I have read here, lasts no more then 3 days. You were at 20mil and cut to 16mil, right? That w/b a 20% cut...could be why you are feeling it more....it is hard to say if you feel worse b/c of the years on....this isn't a linear process...but it does come with discomfort...I cut 1mg Sunday and felt it the same day...not horrible but not great either. The lower you go, the less your Gaba's getting and at the same time, your Gaba is trying to wake up which equals the w/d feelings. You are doing really well, keep moving forward...hold until you are steady and ready for your next cut. Sending you a hug :hug:

Just Breathe

Hello,

If I read that correctly, as JB said that was about a 20 percent cut, that may have been too big of a cut.  I don't think there is anyway of getting around feeling withdrawal even with titration, but you can probably get a better handle on things and have less s/x if you slowed the rate of taper.  It may be wise to hold for a few days until you stabilize, then maybe proceed at a slower rate.

I have some experience with the titration process and I like it because it allows you to control, by even a fraction of a percent, each cut.  I initally used titration and cut 10 percent per week and realized that for me that was too fast.  I am now titrating again (this time I am at 1mg, rather than 2mg) and I am using a 100 ml cylander and a .5mg pill and only taking out one drop an evening.....which is a one half percent cut per day.  I am not saying you have to go this slow, but for me this seems to work better than going too quickly.  I can tell you I tried dry cutting and with a scale reduced my dosage by ten percent and by day five could not take the w/d anymore, so your 20 percent cut, I can totally understand that it makes you feel really bad.

Hang in there...slow down if you have to....a big thing on here..is slow and steady wins the race...let your body heal up on your way down....good luck with the rest of your taper....it seems you are determined to get off the med...keep fighting

Tim

Hello Just Breathe and Tim,

Thank you for your replies.  I am going to slow down.  I can't believe it has taken me so long to believe how necessary that may be for me.  I guess I haven't wanted to believe it.  I went to bed this morning thinking that I may double or triple my amount of liquid and go REALLY slow.  Adelia, Pam, and Theresa had encouraged me to go slow...but I am just still incredulous at how such a little amount of something can have such a HUGE affect.  I have tried to tell my husband and kids about how the tiny amount in change in affecting me and I know that it is hard for them to believe.

I appreciate your validating that I am not crazy.

And Just Breathe...do you think, then, that I could keep and use the liquid for 2 whole days as long as it is refrigerated and stirred?

Thank you for the hug  :)

~Leena

By the way, after all these days of waking up around 3:30 am and being in such pain...if I did not have a place like this forum to turn to, I would truly think that I am dying a slow death.  I appreciate the patience, warmth, and encouragement of ALL of you so much...especially when so often I am sure you are answering the same questions over and over and over again.

THANK YOU !!!!!! :smitten:

~Leena

[e6...]

By the way, after all these days of waking up around 3:30 am and being in such pain...if I did not have a place like this forum to turn to, I would truly think that I am dying a slow death.  I appreciate the patience, warmth, and encouragement of ALL of you so much...especially when so often I am sure you are answering the same questions over and over and over again.

THANK YOU !!!!!! :smitten:

~Leena

Leena- we are all here for each other....come by anytime and don't be afraid to offer help to another...feels good.

Just Breathe :smitten: