Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Fully Recovered after 6 years

[Fi...]

[1e...]
Music to my ears. Thank you SO much for coming back and brining hope to those of us protracted. 6 years is better late than never! It's these stories that mean the most to me. Thanks again and I'm so glad you are living well!

I was so happy for you while reading that I smiled so big!

Enjoy your life, you sure fought for it!

Congratulations!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you...thank you.. thank you FireFly!!

I am in my 5th yr of being Benzo free, but still so sick that

I despair of ever getting better, so your post meant  so much to me.

May your wellness be filled with joy & many BIG thanks for taking the time

to come back here & give others hope

margaretisabel

[1e...]
Firefly, I was reading your older posts and it appears that at 2 years off you came on saying how you were almost back to normal. Then at almost 5 years off you said you were 100% back to normal. Now at 6 years you say you are 100% back to normal. I'm just curious, were these windows and you thought you were back to normal but then continued to have bad WD symptoms again? Or have you been fine since almost 5 years off for over a year now being back to normal? I'm just curious to know if you've been done for a wry long time now or still had all the horrible symptoms you mentioned even up to 6 years off?

Thank you!!! You are clearly an inspiration. Too few write after this long, yet we need more people like you.

All the things you went through, so scary, and yet today you are thriving, living your life, so grateful.

Hugs to you from afar for all you have faced and conquered.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Amazing story! Thank you the coming back to reassure us. Your new life sounds wonderful. May I ask when you started feeling better? I am over 3 years and have not seen much healing at all.

Hi, the true is that I'm not what was the exact time when I was much better, but more or less it was near to 4y. But our buddies are different, i hope you will be fine soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you...thank you.. thank you FireFly!!

I am in my 5th yr of being Benzo free, but still so sick that

I despair of ever getting better, so your post meant  so much to me.

May your wellness be filled with joy & many BIG thanks for taking the time

to come back here & give others hope

margaretisabel

Hello Margaretisabel!

I'm so happy if I can help you even it's only a hopegiving.... please do not forget it is only temporary... keep focus on your helaing!!!

I'm so so proud all of you folks :) You can do it.. try to relax with this song from youtube:

Big warm HUG for all of you!

Firefly, I was reading your older posts and it appears that at 2 years off you came on saying how you were almost back to normal. Then at almost 5 years off you said you were 100% back to normal. Now at 6 years you say you are 100% back to normal. I'm just curious, were these windows and you thought you were back to normal but then continued to have bad WD symptoms again? Or have you been fine since almost 5 years off for over a year now being back to normal? I'm just curious to know if you've been done for a wry long time now or still had all the horrible symptoms you mentioned even up to 6 years off?

Yes you have right, i had a lot of windows where i thought that I'm near to normal.. Today I'm really okay, the windows is now open so wide, no symptoms anymore. Today this feeling is permanent. I had to much symptoms, and probably you think that I'm sick still, BUT I'm assure you it's really the past now. Sorry for my English - I just learned here :)))

• 3 weeks later...
I am so happy to hear this! I too was polydrugged and cold turkeyed everything, not the smart way to go and the gateway to hell for sure. But here I am at 5 years and feeling almost totally healed, same as you. It seems 5-7 years is the real turning point for many. Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have your desires to do things? I can't tell whether I'm lazy or simply having the lazy side effect. I'm definitely still a little slow though but getting better each day. Pm me if you'd like. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

How wonderful to read this. Many Congratulations!!!!  ;D

Wishing you all the very best for the rest of your life! If you did that, you can do anything!!! Enjoy your family :)

Catherine

• 2 months later...

Congratulations!!!

I am so happy for you.

I am 3years off and am still so very sick in bed most of the time.

Thank you so mucn for giving me hope.

Thank you!!!!

Congratulations! So happy for you! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Megkérdezhetem hogy volt e égős érzés a fejedben meg a fej bőrön?

I'm 5 months out and thats the worst symtoms for me burning brain and scalp. Is so bad I'm crying every day becouse the pain.

God bless you and give you a happy healthy life!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, Firefly!  I couldn't be more happy for you.  Thanks for writing such a wonderful success story.  I'm so glad that you're well and that life is good again!!!!  I'm glad you didn't give in to your plan... I had one, too, and have since healed.  Thank God we didn't give in to those feelings!

Bless you!  I wish you every happiness,

Freida