Failed Lorazepam Liquid Taper Post-Mortem

[bs...]

Today I learned that I may have been mixing my Lorazepam for water titration taper wrong. It seems that I have been using .02 milliliter 151 Everclear when I should have been using 2 milliliters of the 151 Everclear to dissolve the tablets in.  I had been trying to taper the Lorazepam and having difficulty. So I decided I better crossover to Valium and see if I had better luck.  Now I am wondering just how much the interdose withdrawals that I was experiencing is because the Lorazepam tablets were not being properly dissolved for the water titration solution.  Then again maybe it isn't that big of a deal.  I just don't know.

There must be others that have done the same thing or even just tried crushing the tablets and directly mixing in the water without dissolving in alcohol or propylene glycol first.  Anyway, if anyone else has experience to share in this regard and just how much this kind of thing might have been the cause of why I was unable to taper on the Lorazepam this way, I would really appreciate it. Otherwise, I'm just going to move forward with my current plans of the Valium crossover and will be sure to use enough of the 151 Everclear from now on.  It does bug me that except for this Minor Detail, I just may have been successful on the Lorazepam direct taper without taking the time to do the Valium crossover.

:-[

I used just water to dissolve my ativan the first half of my taper and it worked ok  .I did shake it really really good each time .The only reason I switched to alcohol was to make double sure it was dissolved properly .Even now I dont use as much alcohol as they recommend .Everyone is different though and if you didnt shake good enough it might not have distributed it correctly . As of right now I am using only .6 alcohol ( 80 proof ) and its working . I dont think you will ever know for sure if that is what caused the taper to fail . I also know of at least one other person who successfully tapered ativan all the way to the end with just water . But again they shook theirs really well each time . It sounds like you are doing pretty good now and that is great :) Im just curious what you mean when you say you failed though ? What made you decide to switch to valium ? Was it constant withdrawals or did you suddenly start getting withdrawals ? Ive always been curious as to why people dont updose

Now I am wondering just how much the interdose withdrawals that I was experiencing is because the Lorazepam tablets were not being properly dissolved for the water titration solution.  Then again maybe it isn't that big of a deal.  I just don't know.

There must be others that have done the same thing or even just tried crushing the tablets and directly mixing in the water without dissolving in alcohol or propylene glycol first. 

:-[

I tried to use plain water to do a liquid titration off of diazepam  (3 times). It was a disaster each time.

Update:  I have started properly dissolving the benzo with 151 Everclear and am doing MUCH better and stabilizing and ready to start tapering again.  Now I just need to work out a schedule.

Update:  I have started properly dissolving the benzo with 151 Everclear and am doing MUCH better and stabilizing and ready to start tapering again.  Now I just need to work out a schedule.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: