Went too fast with first titration. How long to hold??

[wi...]

While I believe that liquid titration is definitely the right road for me, I did the first 10% too fast. (1% daily) (started April 22) My symptoms are worse. I'm holding at the 10% cut now, but how long should I hold? Should I just stay put until my symptoms ease a bit?

Thanks for your help!

While I believe that liquid titration is definitely the right road for me, I did the first 10% too fast. (1% daily) (started April 22) My symptoms are worse. I'm holding at the 10% cut now, but how long should I hold? Should I just stay put until my symptoms ease a bit?

Thanks for your help!

Maybe updose slightly and hold until sxs go down, then slow the cut rate.

Thanks for your help!

Maybe updose slightly and hold until sxs go down, then slow the cut rate.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks! But......how "slightly" should I updose?? Haven't updosed before. :-\

Back to the dose you last felt stable at.

• 3 weeks later...
Even though new to it i m already finding the liquid tiratioñ better.  In this case slowing down a bit too.  Really informative to find your not alone.  That this can be done.

winners, something you might want to think about--do you want to get off Ambien also? If so, you will likely find it much easier to do so if you taper it before you get completely off Ativan. Ambien will also exacerbate W/D symptoms.

I got off ambien in one night. Granted it was only 2.5 mg and I was taking over .5 x a night too. But yeh I found the ambien to be super easy to ditch because I was on another benzo. Im glad people on here advised me to get rid of that first- it did help.

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'm just reviewing this and realize I missed that TWO buddies suggested tapering Ambien first!! I'm willing to give it a try, because my taper with Loraepam is not going very well. What is a good taper plan for Ambien?? I'm on 10 mgs a night.  :-\

Thanks buddies!!

Why do you all suggest getting rid of ambien first? Just curious.

How does it exacerbate w/d sx's? I know it affects the same receptors but how does it exacerbate sx's if the dose is staying the same? Is it harder to taper the ambien after finishing the benzo taper?

Thank you!

I am doing quite well considering how long I was on this drug (amitryptiline) and all the others. Sleeping 5.5 to 6 hours a night at present, but I've had spells of 7 to 7.5 hours, so not horrible. I have a tooth issue that I think is related to withdrawal (it's complicated), but overall I have to say things are going well and I'm super happy to be drug free!

• 1 month later...
I was told to get off the ambien first because its so short acting it interrupts the sleep patterns. Since sleep was (and still is) my main issue it made sense and Im glad I did it. Im also glad I got rid of the rest of itbecause the last week sleep is not being friendly to me and having it around might have been tempting! It really sucks after a few months of solid 6 hours a night sleep...