Liquid Taper...Experts out there who can Answer Please??????

[Fa...]

When I switched to a liquid taper I woke up having horrible h/p and a non stop burning in my stomach. I also found I was much much more agitated. I tried this for 3 nights nothing changed. I switched back to the powder and did a 10% cut oooo yes I felt it!! But none of the symptoms I had from the liquid??

QUESTION, Was this my system getting use to the liquid process or my system rejecting it? Didn't change the dose when I changed to the liquid??? Only when I went back to powder.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Faith

I should add, I haven't had a temper in over 20 years! Very laid back type personality pre benzo.

Just realized in doing math when I switched back to powder not quite 10% cut. I had a gram scale, took that back and upgraded to a different one. Even showed them a bb's calculation of what I needed it to read like. Brought it home thinking ya, I have everything. ARG not the case.

Thank you in advance I feel sooooo inadequate about this.

Faith

"4/28/15 Reinstated Paxil12.5

4/28/15 250 serequel for sleep now down to 50 to 100

7/28/15 temazapam 15mg every night

"2/12/16 added propranolol after a month came off that

2/12/16 5mg buspar at night tried day time no go

3/18/16 Temazapam 1 day on 1 day off

3/30/16 started 7.5mg Mornings are rough

4/4/16 Started 10mg every night. Mornings are still Rough

4/19/16 trying 7.5 again ouch!!

5/4/16 6.75 ouch but am making the best of it

1/15 Paxil 12.5, codien, flexeral, serequel for 4 months then added ativan don't know how much I took for 1 1/2 months forced cold turkey everything for about 3 weeks...totally screwed my system!"

So let me see...

in the last 6 weeks,  you're on 4-5 different psych meds, you've done an "alternate day" taper, you made a 25% cut, you did a 33 1/3% updose, then another 25% cut, followed by a10% cut...but you think liquid is the cause of you're problem?

When you take an oral dose of med, it's form doesn't change the med...it's still the same med.  And when you take a pill, its liquid within seconds of hitting your stomach.

I'm not making fun of you.  Looking at the recent history in your siggy, I don't doubt that you are pretty rocky.  IMO, before you do anything else, you need to go back to a dose where you felt ok, and hold until you're stable.  Then you need to start a careful, planned taper, preferably a daily microtaper.

And please tell us more about how you are making your liquid, what taper rate you were using, how you measured and dosed, etc.

"4/28/15 Reinstated Paxil12.5

1/15 Paxil 12.5, codien, flexeral, serequel for 4 months then added ativan don't know how much I took for 1 1/2 months forced cold turkey everything for about 3 weeks...totally screwed my system!"

So let me see...

in the last 6 weeks,  you're on 4-5 different psych meds, you've done an "alternate day" taper, you made a 25% cut, you did a 33 1/3% updose, then another 25% cut, followed by a10% cut...but you think liquid is the cause of you're problem?

When you take an oral dose of med, it's form doesn't change the med...it's still the same med.  And when you take a pill, its liquid within seconds of hitting your stomach.

I'm not making fun of you.  Looking at the recent history in your siggy, I don't doubt that you are pretty rocky.  IMO, before you do anything else, you need to go back to a dose where you felt ok, and hold until you're stable.  Then you need to start a careful, planned taper, preferably a daily microtaper.

And please tell us more about how you are making your liquid, what taper rate you were using, how you measured and dosed, etc.

Thank you Builder and no I don't think your making in front of me its clarification.

I had taken 12.5 Paxil and probably about 12.5 of seroquel every couple of nights for sleep for maybe 15 years and had a Very fulfilling life.

Let me clarify the Paxil, codien, Ativan ect at the bottom of my signature that was in January 2015. Everything was c/t about end of March first of April 2015. Then this is the meds I have been on since...

4/28/15 12.5 Paxil

5/1 to 5/3/16.  7.5 liquid

I have not been stable since an automobile accident January 2015...that is how I got in this mess to begin with.

The every other day was dr recommended until I found this sight

I stayed on the 10mg of temazapam until I was pretty functional.

I stayed on the 7.5 until I was pretty functional.

Let me Stress I haven't felt like me for over a year and a half. After the c/t I remembered Nothing of my life pre life. That started to come back in periodic waves about 5 months ago. I am pretty confident this is why I am So Anxiety ridden about this process!! I don't want to lose what I have gained! I get brief periods where I feel like "me."

As far as cutting, I have just been listening to my body and going from there.

The liquid method I used...

Another member explained to me for the liquid taper......

Pour my capsule 15mg in a jar

Pull up 15ml? in my syringe of water

Add to the capsul stir with syringe

Pull up the 7.5 in the syringe and drink it.

That is how I did the liquid

I know this isn't rocket science and should be fairly easy but telling that to my anxiety riddled head is quite the opposite!

Thank you Very Much Builder!!

Faith

The liquid method I used...

Another member explained to me for the liquid taper......

Pour my capsule 15mg in a jar

Pull up 15ml? in my syringe of water

Add to the capsul stir with syringe

Pull up the 7.5 in the syringe and drink it.

That is how I did the liquid

Temazepam, like most benzos is NOT water soluble.  I'm sure that's part of your problem.

Thank you builder.

This was the method another bb member used coming off the temazapam.

I have been reaching out to another member who is liquid tapering temazapam right now. Her computer broke down so I am waiting to hear back from her too.

Are you saying that because of the method I used this could be why I had the severe reaction to it?

Thank you,

Faith

Thank you builder.

This was the method another bb member used coming off the temazapam.

I have been reaching out to another member who is liquid tapering temazapam right now. Her computer broke down so I am waiting to hear back from her too.

Are you saying that because of the method I used this could be why I had the severe reaction to it?

Thank you,

Faith

Yes.

Since your benzo is not water soluble, when you draw out your dose, you have no way of knowing how much benzo you're actually getting.  You may be getting a mega-dose, or maybe none at all

I tried water titration several times, and the results were a disaster.  But once I switched to a true, uniformly distributed solution, my taper was very smooth and almost symptom-free.

Whew, Thank you builder!!

I know it's written a 1000 times over on this sight so I am sorry!

But would you be so kind to tell me specifically how to make my solution?

I am using a 15mg capsule and the contents are Very fine light powder.

I have the vodka needed and I have a 10ml syringe.

While I was typing this my dr called to check to see my progress. She is behind me a 100% if I need another prescription to get off this safely, she is going to see me through it. Whew!!

So thank you a Million times over for helping me!!!

Faith

These are the instructions I followed......

As I said, I did the titration method, and much prefer it as being less unwieldy. In that case you could "dissolve" (actually a suspension) the temazepam in water, and use a syringe to pull up the needed dosage. Get a 10 ml syringe (try getting that from a pharmacy, I got mine at the vet) and use it to measure out 15 mls of water into a small container. Empty a 15 mg. capsule into that, then stir it up and you have a 1 mg/ ml solution (suspension). Then all you need to do is use the syringe to pull up your needed dose, put it on a large spoon and drink it (or take it right from the syringe). Easy peazy. Try cutting 1 ml per week, if that is too fast you can hold for a bit and cut at .5 ml or even less.

This worked really well for this person, that's why I didn't understand how I was feeling?

Thank you Again,

Faith

I looked up other members doing the temazapam taper...not many.

They all start out saying they need a schedule and then it skips to when they are tapering  :-\

I've looked at videos and read about the liquid tapers with klonipin, Ativan and Xanax crushing pills mixing with milk.....none of it makes sense.

Sorry guys!! I am doing what I can to find the answers but I don't see them  :idiot: :idiot:

Faith

Not a good day either..probably not helping

Hi builder or someone else that might be able to help.....I did find this....but there is no alcohol mentioned and this appears to be how I mixed mine...

I put a 30mg capsule in 30ml of water  or a 1:1 concentration.  I took 1cc less daily until I got to 15ml.  I then decreased by 1 ml every 3 days until I got to 7mg.  I then decreased by 1 ml every 4 days.  When I got to 1ml a day, I decreased to every other day, every 3rd day and so on.  You can hold for longer at any time or faster depending on how you feel.  I think the concern for you is the recent suicidal depression and stopping all the other crap you were on so recenly...  This was relatively painless for me.  I was on the Temazepam for over 3 months.

the Pharm D I told you about said I could refrigerate the temazepam in water in the frig for up to 7 days so I was able to hang on to the "waste"  This is not true however with the other benzos

Faith

I also found this but again don't know how to apply it to what I am trying to achieve?

Temazepam is a white, crystalline substance, very slightly soluble in water and sparingly soluble in alcohol USP.

Faith

I also found this but again don't know how to apply it to what I am trying to achieve?

Temazepam is a white, crystalline substance, very slightly soluble in water and sparingly soluble in alcohol USP.

Faith

Actually, the solubility of temazepam in water is 164mg/L, or .164mg/ml.

That means you will need 183ml of water to dissolve 30mg of temazepam.

30ml of water definitely will NOT dissolve 30mg of temazepam.

http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00231

.164mg/ml is not bad water solubility for a benzo!  Just wanted to add this.  Rosemont makes a liquid T which uses alcohol, PG, and water...

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/10745

6.1 List of excipients

Ethanol, Propylene Glycol, Peppermint Oil, Caramel E150, Trometamol, Citric Acid Monohydrate, Patent Blue V E131, Glycerol, Sorbitol Solution 70%, Purified Water

I am sorry builder and sg57, Thank you for your replies!!

but I feel like I am reading a foreign language  :idiot:

My capsule is 15mg

You are so wonderful to help!!!

Faith

I know I am down to a Very low dose but the sx's have been intense since I lowered it to the 6.75.

I am doing meditation, positive thinking, telling my self it's med induced thoughts Everything I can think of to hold on!!

Faith

I am sorry builder and sg57, Thank you for your replies!!

but I feel like I am reading a foreign language  :idiot:

My capsule is 15mg

You are so wonderful to help!!!

Faith

...but you said "I put a 30mg capsule in 30ml of water  or a 1:1 concentration"

...and I said you would have to use at least 183ml of water to dissolve 30mg of temazepam.

I don't know how to make it any simpler than that.

...and I said you would have to use at least 183ml of water to dissolve 30mg of temazepam.

The 30mg capsul in 30 ml of water is what I found another member posting a few years back.

I am only on 15mg

Builder, I hate to disagree with you, but the quote below is from Colin in one of the stickies at the top of this forum:

As I explained in my previous post, we are not trying to create a solution. As I understand it, solutions are where two (or more) elements or compounds mix together to form a homogeneous substance (mostly, liquids), but do not interact with each other. Instead, we are adding benzodiazepine (probably, more accurately, ground up particles of benzodiazepine bound to binding agent) to form a suspension. Suspensions always will settle over time (unlike solutions). However, some suspensions are better than others. We can use water to suspend our benzo-powder, but homogenised full-fat (4%) milk should work better. For one, milk is of greater viscosity, and this will slow the process of settlement. Secondly, most (but not all) benzodiazepines appear to have an affinity for fat, so they will have a tendency to bind with the fat in the milk. Homogenised milk has gone through a process to ensure that the fat is evenly distributed throughout the milk (older members will remember how the fat used to collect at the top of bottles of milk and we would shake it before opening - I certainly remember this).

Irrespective of the suspension medium (water, milk, juice, etc.), we can improve the suspension. Firstly, grind up your benzodiazepine into as fine a powder as possible. The finer the powder, the slower it will settle. Secondly, use more viscose liquids (full-fat milk rather than water, a smoothie rather than juice, for example). Thirdly, agitate the liquid immediately before you remove any liquid.

A suspension is fine as long as it makes a good suspension (particles evenly dispersed and don't settle out too quickly). Some medicines do this in water quite well, and I prefer water as you can see what is going on. It really depends on the medicine. I disagree a bit with him on stirring small amounts, but that is minor I think.

The 30mg capsul in 30 ml of water is what I found another member posting a few years back.

I am only on 15mg

Then you would need 92ml water to dissolve 15mg.