Help with maths please-daily titration downwards starts tomorrow

[fb...]

[fb...]

I'm currently on 75mg diazepam and am starting tomorrow with a test cut of 0.125mg to see how that goes, if the worst comes to the worst, at least I will know my lag time.

I have arrived at that figure in my head because I first worked out 10% (in my case 7.5mg) divided that by 28, number of days in a 'month' which worked out at 0.25mg, a quarter of a mg.

I feel that, I can use biggish cuts to start, as I have only been addicted to this amount since I started getting zoppy withdrawals, (crossoverd from 12+zoppys a day, see other threads and sig line) which was a few months ago, plus, even though it took me to creep upto 85mg valiulm a day to feel at least functional, the night time dose is really tiring me out, feels too much, yet I get wd sx if I don't take it all.

I need a bit of help with the maths please.

I'll be taking two doses a day, the dose is too large to take all at once, I'd fall asleep.

My new dose tomorrow will be over the total of the day, 74.875mg, which is two doses of 37.4375mg

I have a 10ml marked syringe and I have also got a 1ml syringe which is marked each hundredth of a ml.

Rather than have to make up litres of milk, I'm going to round this number up to 37.44mg, so that I can measure the dose.

My question is this.

If 30mg=300ml, how many mls = 0.125mg and how am I going to measure that out, I know that I will need my 1ml syringe which is marked with 100'ths of a ml.

The maths confuses me at first.

I'm not that bothered if my daily cut differs by amounts that are three and four places to the right of the decimal point.

Thanks in advance for the help.

If the amounts are more acheivable using vodka and water, pls let me know as I am not clued up on vodka tapering at all.

We can get smirnof here in England, dunno what proof you need.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Actually, at a dose like that you could use straight 80 proof/40% ABV (or higher)...no need to dilute yet.  I don't know what your pill sizes are, but you could put 2mg into 2ml, 5mg into 5ml, or 10mg into 10ml to make a 1mg/ml liquid V.  You could do the same thing with PG.

Just take most of your dose as dry pills as always and liquify one pill at a time.  Just make a batch for several days.  Each full 1ml syringe would be 1mg and your cut of .125mg would be .125ml.  I would not bother with milk or large volumes of liquid right now.  There is no need.

I need a bit of help with the maths please.

My new dose tomorrow will be over the total of the day, 74.875mg, which is two doses of 37.4375mg

My question is this.

If 30mg=300ml, how many mls = 0.125mg and how am I going to measure that out, I know that I will need my 1ml syringe which is marked with 100'ths of a ml.

If you dissolve 30 mg in 300ml of liquid, then each ml contains .1mg  (30/300=.1)

.125mg will be 1.25ml liquid.

so 74.875mg=748.75ml, and 37.4375mg= 374.375ml.

But, most folks that do liquid tapers only liquify the "cut" portion of their dose.  Instead of taking  drinking 748.75ml of milk to dose 74.875mg, why not take 74mg from tablets, and then just 8.75ml for the other.875mg?

Actually, at a dose like that you could use straight 80 proof/40% ABV (or higher)...no need to dilute yet.  I don't know what your pill sizes are, but you could put 2mg into 2ml, 5mg into 5ml, or 10mg into 10ml to make a 1mg/ml liquid V.  You could do the same thing with PG.

Just take most of your dose as dry pills as always and liquify one pill at a time.  Just make a batch for several days.  Each full 1ml syringe would be 1mg and your cut of .125mg would be .125ml.  I would not bother with milk or large volumes of liquid right now.  There is no need.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[fb...]

Hi SG and thanks for getting back to me.

To make things easy, would smirnoff be suitable for this taper?

I can get that easy.

I don't understand the ABV etc I used to just drink, not spirits very much, mainly cider and wine, but been dry a month now.

I will use up the milk and buy a bottle of vodka.

One more question, can you dilute the vodka and still achieve even distribution of benzo?

I can get that easy.

I don't understand the ABV etc I used to just drink, not spirits very much, mainly cider and wine, but been dry a month now.

One more question, can you dilute the vodka and still achieve even distribution of benzo?

Smirnoff will work fine, but there are probably cheaper brands that will work just as well.

ABV=Alcohol By Volume.  And the ABV is 1/2 of the proof rating.

Yes, you can extensively dilute the solution once the med is dissolved.  Actually, there is really not much advantage to using liquid unless you dilute.  Diluting is what enables you to make tiny dose measurements.

[fb...]

I can get that easy.

Smirnoff will work fine, but there are probably cheaper brands that will work just as well.

ABV=Alcohol By Volume.  And the ABV is 1/2 of the proof rating.

Yes, you can extensively dilute the solution once the med is dissolved.  Actually, there is really not much advantage to using liquid unless you dilute.  Diluting is what enables you to make tiny dose measurements.

Aww thanks builder, you've been a massive help.

I guess, it would work out me cheaper buying a big bottle if I am gonna need 0.7+ml of vodka a day. I think that might wobble my taper, as its quite a bit of alchohol in tapering terms, not drinkers terms.

Could I use 5ml of vodka to dissolve my 10mg valium table

I'm sure you need at least 10ml for 10mg, and that's probably marginal.

Do you realize how little .7ml is?  1ml is only .2 tsp.  And only 40% of that is alcohol.

If you use a mouthwash, you ingest way more alcohol than that.

[fb...]

I'm sure you need at least 10ml for 10mg, and that's probably marginal.

Do you realize how little .7ml is?  1ml is only .2 tsp.  And only 40% of that is alcohol.

If you use a mouthwash, you ingest way more alcohol than that.

that sounds cool, put in that perspective, thanks.

I'm just scared of gettting the taste for alcohol, and I use bach rescue, that has alc in, and that hasnt reawoken my taste for booze.

[fb...]

If I buy some vodka tomorrow, will you help me with the maths, just for when im starting out?

I'll sooon get in the swing, just like I did with milk tapering.

i just need a little guidance a bit like pushing a child off on his first bike.

If I buy some vodka tomorrow, will you help me with the maths, just for when im starting out?

I'll sooon get in the swing, just like I did with milk tapering.

i just need a little guidance a bit like pushing a child off on his first bike.

Sure!