I think I would like to start a Daily Micro Taper.... advice?

[In...]

Hello.  I have been using the cut and hold method with ativan for the last month or so.  I do not know why, but my last cut hit me really hard.  I am also on my period (which really ramps up my symptoms (that could be the whole reason I am having trouble, I don't know!) and I didn't keep my doses even, like i should have, but it is hard to dry cut a pill to .43mg with no scale.  I am now at

.5mg 6am

.375mg 2pm

.5mg 10pm

I have been okay thus far, until this cut.  Like I said, there are several factors at play here, but I cannot feel like I do and function.  I ended up taking the full .5mg dose for my 2pm dose today.  Wow!  I can tell my body was getting used to the lesser amount, because the increased dose made me sleepy and relaxed, like the Ativan used to.  I am not sure if I will stay at the increased dose or just use it for today.  I just know I cannot function like today.  So, I have been thinking that perhaps the daily taper would help.  If I can go down by small bits every few days or so, maybe it won't hit me so hard.  I also have the option of switching to valium.  That scares me because I have never taken it and I do not know how it would affect me.  If I switched, I may also do the micro taper.  I'm looking for advice on how to transition to the daily taper and I guess I am looking for opinions/experience with micro tapering ativan vs. valium.  I need to remain functional and take care of my kids and obligations.  Thanks.

1) If you decide to do a liquid microtaper, a daily taper is probably best.

2)  If you do a daily liquid taper, there probably is no real reason to cross the Valium.

3)  There is an Rx liquid lorazepam available (Roxane Lorazepam Instensol), but you will need a scrip from your doc.

4)  You can easily make a stable dilute liquid from your tablets using a small amount of alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol.

2)  If you do a daily liquid taper, there probably is no real reason to cross the Valium.

3)  There is an Rx liquid lorazepam available (Roxane Lorazepam Instensol), but you will need a scrip from your doc.

4)  You can easily make a stable dilute liquid from your tablets using a small amount of alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol.

If that's something I decide to do, what do I need equipment wise for a liquid daily taper?

If that's something I decide to do, what do I need equipment wise for a liquid daily taper?

1 or 2 ordianary glass jars with gasketed screw tops (I used re-purposed salad dressing and olive jars) and 1 1ml and a 10ml syringe.

A 100ml graduated cylinder and a 50-60ml syringe are also helpful, but not required.  The syringes and cylinder are all available from Amazon (inexpensive) and 1ml and 10ml syringes are usually free at most pharmacies.