Need Advice on taper from 2mg of Klonopin.

[...]

I have dry cut from 3mg to 2 mg over the last year.  I take .5mg tablet 4x day.  9am/3pm/9pm/3-4am  the last does is in the middle of the night, and I really want to allow myself to sleep.  My last cut was .125 one month ago, and it has been the hardest yet.  I seem to have rebound anxiety between my 9am and 3pm dose, as well as when I wake up at 3-4 am.  So my question is should I switch to Valium, and if so how do I do that switch over?  My Dr. said she would write me t he Valium.  But I have to come up with the plan as she has not done it before.....  I am grateful that she will help, but on my own to do it and figure out how to get my insurance to let me do it, so I need to have a plan in place so I can have the insurance company allow me to have the meds I will need for the taper.  Also, should I consider a liquid titration taper? 

Thank you in advance!

If you feel okay on K and are not dosing too much I would not switch.  These drugs are not exactly the same and there can be surprises.

A big yes to the liquid taper.

If you feel okay on K and are not dosing too much I would not switch.  These drugs are not exactly the same and there can be surprises.

What do you mean by dosing too much?  Sorry new.

Thanks!

What do you mean by dosing too much?  Sorry new.

Thanks!

Some drugs, like ativan or Xanax, are short-acting and it is common for people to dose many times a day to improve the way they feel due to interdose symptoms.  It can get a little ridiculous dosing four or five or even six times a day.  Even though this might be enough to take care of the symptoms, people still may choose to switch to a longer-acting benzo, like Valium, just so they don't have to dose so often.

Thanks SG57! 

That is what it feels like and why I am taking 4 doses.  I don't think I could get that down to three as I have had what you talked about when on Xanax like 20 years ago, put me in the hospital, and that is why I was moved to K, and that is what it feels like now in between doses.  When you say surprises what do you mean?  OR since I see you were able to get off of 4mg of K, can I do the liquid titration from 4 doses, and if so how would you recommend that I do it?  I want to keep it slow as the last cut that I did was 6% and I have been doing .125mg and holding for 2 months, and this last cut was a month ago, and I am just starting to feel like my feet are getting back under me.  I don't think I would want to do more than 2 - 3% per month even though that means a long tapper.  I have a 9 year old daughter and I don't want to miss out on everything she has going on because I am sick from side effects.  Hope that make sense!

Again thank you so much for your insight!

Thanks SG57! 

That is what it feels like and why I am taking 4 doses.  I don't think I could get that down to three as I have had what you talked about when on Xanax like 20 years ago, put me in the hospital, and that is why I was moved to K, and that is what it feels like now in between doses.  When you say surprises what do you mean?  OR since I see you were able to get off of 4mg of K, can I do the liquid titration from 4 doses, and if so how would you recommend that I do it?  I want to keep it slow as the last cut that I did was 6% and I have been doing .125mg and holding for 2 months, and this last cut was a month ago, and I am just starting to feel like my feet are getting back under me.  I don't think I would want to do more than 2 - 3% per month even though that means a long tapper.  I have a 9 year old daughter and I don't want to miss out on everything she has going on because I am sick from side effects.  Hope that make sense!

Again thank you so much for your insight!

Yes, you can do liquid from four doses.  If you have .5mg pills I'd probably liquify 1mg.  If you have 1mg pills I'd liquify it all.  It sounds like the hold is doing you good.  Keep going until you feel you aren't getting anything out if it.

I just switched from dosing clonazepam 2 x a day to 3 times and it has helped.  I've only done it for the last 3 days.  I would get headaches and a little neck stiffness before my pm dose. They weren't horrible but I figured I'd give it a try.  Someone mentioned about metabolizing it quicker than others.  I think I metabolize it quickly.  I am using liquid titration with alcohol.  Good luck my friend!!

I just switched from dosing clonazepam 2 x a day to 3 times and it has helped.  I've only done it for the last 3 days.  I would get headaches and a little neck stiffness before my pm dose. They weren't horrible but I figured I'd give it a try.  Someone mentioned about metabolizing it quicker than others.  I think I metabolize it quickly.  I am using liquid titration with alcohol.  Good luck my friend!!

thanks!  I am taking 4 times a day, so I feel like it might be time to try to switch to V, but not sure what to expect from that.

Again thanks for commenting!  Nice to know I am not the only one :)