Klonopin Titration help

[fa...]

I have been on .5 Klonpin for several years. I started taking Klonopin 9 years ago when I lost a baby and had panic attacks. I was on so much then- several times a day. I don't even know the doses anymore.

In the last year I have cut my . 5 to 1/2 and was doing okay but when I cut that in half again only one day a week my world caved in. Panic attacks, body pain, not able to say words, forgetting important things for my job, dizziness and on and on.

My question is- what kind of schedule should I get on for cutting from here if I am on 1/2 of a .5 a day ( and how much is that and how are you guys coming up with these numbers like .325)? I am a bit lost and have been searching this forum but can't seem to come up with a schedule for myself. I have the scale, the 100ml tube, the pill crusher and razor blades but don't know where to start.

Can anyone offer me some tips or advice? I want to get off this drug and am afraid I will never be normal. I used to love to laugh and dance and now I just don't care about anything.

Thank you in advance

First, I'd go back to the dose you felt good on and hold there.  Then I would liquify the K and begin a daily micro taper.  You could put a .5mg pill into 50ml liquid.  You have several choices.  Then use a 1ml and a 10ml syringe to measure and cut.

Thank you for your reply. So I felt good on 1/2 of a .5 ( what is the dosage of that?)

so if I put 1/2 of a .5 in a 50 ml and did 1 ml a day would that be too fast?

Half of .5mg is .25mg.

I'd put a full .5mg pill into 50ml liquid to make a two-day supply.  Each day would be 25ml to get your .25mg dose.  A suggested starting point for cutting would be .00075mg (.075ml) a day.  But don't do that until you hold and feel ready to cut.  1ml a day is much too fast.

• 4 weeks later...

I see some are using vodka. What are the benefits of that?

Also, at the rate you suggested, how soon would I be off the meds? I am sorry I am not so good with this math.

Using vodka or PG dissolves the K, then it remains dissolved when water is added.

You'll be off the med when your body says, not by any imposed cut rate.  We see a wide range here from a few months to over a year.  What I'd recommend is to just begin cutting slowly and adjust from there.

PG is propylene glycol.  It is a solvent that the pharmaceutical companies use in their liquid benzos.  You can get it at pharmacies and on line.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason when I read the instructions you gave me  for the titration I read them wrong. Your instructions were to put a full .5mg pill into 50ml liquid to make a two-day supply.  Each day would be 25ml to get your .25mg dose.  However I have been putting a .5 into 100ml of milk to make a two day supply- .25 in 50ml of milk. Then I have been removing 2 lines on the 1 ml syringe per day- equals about 4 ml a month. Is this method to slow? I need help. I am so confused.

Thank you

For some reason when I read the instructions you gave me  for the titration I read them wrong. Your instructions were to put a full .5mg pill into 50ml liquid to make a two-day supply.  Each day would be 25ml to get your .25mg dose.  However I have been putting a .5 into 100ml of milk to make a two day supply- .25 in 50ml of milk. Then I have been removing 2 lines on the 1 ml syringe per day- equals about 4 ml a month. Is this method to slow? I need help. I am so confused.

Thank you

.5mg into 100ml is .005mg/ml so each ml is .005mg K.  4ml a month would be .020mg a month.  Depending on your dose that could be slow or not.

Well I am currently on .25 a day minus the .020 I just tapered. I really don't know who fast to go. At this rate how quickly would I taper off completely? So want to be done.

*How fast to go that is. I am dividing the 100ml with .5 in it over two days to get my .25 dose in 50ml.

All the math is a bit too much. 

Well I am currently on .25 a day minus the .020 I just tapered. I really don't know who fast to go. At this rate how quickly would I taper off completely? So want to be done.

*How fast to go that is. I am dividing the 100ml with .5 in it over two days to get my .25 dose in 50ml.

All the math is a bit too much. 

Okay, .23mg so .02mg a month is ~9% a month.  Generally, that's slow, but what matters is, is it slow for you?  Try not to pick numbers to taper by.  Go by how you feel.  If symptoms are not increasing it is a good cut.  If they increase, you need to nip that and not allow it.  I know it is hard, but try to forget about being done.  Try to focus on getting rid of symptoms and let freedom be something that also happens eventually.

Okay, .23mg so .02mg a month is ~9% a month.  Generally, that's slow, but what matters is, is it slow for you?  Try not to pick numbers to taper by.  Go by how you feel.  If symptoms are not increasing it is a good cut.  If they increase, you need to nip that and not allow it.  I know it is hard, but try to forget about being done.  Try to focus on getting rid of symptoms and let freedom be something that also happens eventually.

okay thank you! So if I wanted to switch from doing 100ml over two days to 50ml over two days, how would I do it? I think I could go up on how much I am removing. Any suggestions?

okay thank you! So if I wanted to switch from doing 100ml over two days to 50ml over two days, how would I do it? I think I could go up on how much I am removing. Any suggestions?

If you use 50ml instead of 100ml the liquid will just be twice as strong, that's all.  Each ml will contain .01mg instead of .005mg, so your .23mg dose would be 23ml.  For .02mg a month that would be .00067mg a day, or .067ml.  It's a good strength to work with as it makes the math easy...just move the decimal point two places.

please forgive me if I seem obtuse. I am trying with this math. Okay so right now I am removing two lines on the 1ml syringe a day. Would I do the same if I changed to the 25 ml per day solution?

please forgive me if I seem obtuse. I am trying with this math. Okay so right now I am removing two lines on the 1ml syringe a day. Would I do the same if I changed to the 25 ml per day solution?

No, it would be twice as strong so you would use half as much liquid. Instead of two lines you'd use one.

Thank you! So right now based on what you told me I am taking about 11 months to taper off .25. If I double my amount I am tapering I could finish in 6 months. Does that sound right?