START DATE: July 3rd 2016

DOSE: 2mgs of Clonazepam

TABLET DOSE: .5mg tablets

# of TABLETS: 4 tablets

TAPER RATE: 1% per day

CYLINDER DETAILS: 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments

Thank-you!

<3 windhorse

Dissolve 20mg (40 tablets) in 40ml vodka or 40ml propylene glycol, then add 160 mg water.  (200ml total, each ml contains .1mg K)

Starting at 20ml, take .2ml less each day.  You will need a 10ml syringe, and  1ml syringe.

START DATE: July 3rd 2016

DOSE: 2mgs of Clonazepam

TABLET DOSE: .5mg tablets

# of TABLETS: 4 tablets

TAPER RATE: 1% per day

CYLINDER DETAILS: 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments

Thank-you!

<3 windhorse

Dissolve 20mg (40 tablets) in 40ml vodka or 40ml propylene glycol, then add 160 mg water.  (200ml total, each ml contains .1mg K)

Starting at 20ml, take .2ml less each day.  You will need a 10ml syringe, and  1ml syringe.

??? Builder, something seems off here.  I get 30% a month for a cut of .2ml a day, which I don't think you meant.

Also, the final solution with 80 proof would be 16ml etoh in 200ml, which is an 8% mixture.  That basically has the solubility of water and will only dissolve 8mg K.  With PG it would be a 20% mixture and will dissolve only 12mg.  Either way, I think the excess K will come back out of solution.  A lot more water is needed or, alternatively, the alcohol or PG would need to be raised.

I'm not trying to be critical, just following up on this.

The taper parameter he specified was 1% per day. 

1%/day is 30% per month.

Ah, okay.  Windhorse, are you sure you want to begin there?  Typically, that would be considered too much.

Builder, there is still the issue of the K not dissolving in the liquid.

As I have said in the past, I respect your scholarship, but don't always agree with your data.

(But sometimes I do refer folks to your tables anyway  ::) )

As I have said in the past, I respect your scholarship, but don't always agree with your data.

(But sometimes I do refer folks to your tables anyway  ::) )

It is puzzling to me that you are not convinced by the Jouyban data as it is a high quality source.  I can't imagine a more tailor made study for us.

Windhorse, the ball is in your court. Data I found says the way Builder told you to do it won't work. My advice is to adjust the liquid.

FWIW, windhorse, while I feel my original formula will work, there certainly is no risk in doing a more dilute solution, and adjusting the daily dose/cut to match.

You could do 20mg K + 80ml vodka, and 320 ml water, then start at 40ml day, and drop .4ml each day.

1%/day is 30% per month.

Ah, okay.  Windhorse, are you sure you want to begin there?  Typically, that would be considered too much.

I was wondering why you thought this might be too much? I've been having seizures, which is why I've been wanting to go so slow.

FWIW, windhorse, while I feel my original formula will work, there certainly is no risk in doing a more dilute solution, and adjusting the daily dose/cut to match.

You could do 20mg K + 80ml vodka, and 320 ml water, then start at 40ml day, and drop .4ml each day.

What would that be dropping in equivalent to mgs daily? Sorry the math is very confusing for me. And is it more difficult to drop 1ml a day then drop larger and hold? Or is that specific to each person? I'm just trying to do the easiest thing on my body.

What would that be dropping in equivalent to mgs daily? Sorry the math is very confusing for me. And is it more difficult to drop 1ml a day then drop larger and hold? Or is that specific to each person? I'm just trying to do the easiest thing on my body.

It's still 1%/day, as you specified.  2mg X = 1% = .02mg.

The amount of liquid has no bearing on how the taper will affect you, the only thing that matters is how you reduce the K.

1%/day is 30% per month.

I was wondering why you thought this might be too much? I've been having seizures, which is why I've been wanting to go so slow.

Most guidelines suggest 5-7% every 10-14 days.  That would be about 20%/30 days at the upper end.  Many folks go slower, a few go faster.  You can always try your planned 1%/day and see how you feel.  If it causes you problems, you can just hold (or updose) the switch to a slower cut rate.