Author Topic: Book Recommendations  (Read 54455 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Book Recommendations
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2019, 05:42:45 pm »
The Worry Trick by David Carbonell.

This book is very well structured with a "take home" at the end of each chapter. Very useful, very practical, direct and well executed to keep you interested.

I have read most books on this string and this is by far my "go to" book for pleasant reminders every now and then to prevent myself from falling off the bus.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2019, 02:18:36 pm »
Dr. Claire Weekes, all her books and recordings. I have "Self help for your nerves" and "Essential help for your nerves". Excellent advice for people suffering agoraphobia, anxiety, panic, fears etc.

Barry McDonagh's DARE Response
and his earlier work The Panic Away Program are minor updates on Dr. Weekes' work. I searched for this the whole forum, but couldn't find him. So I think his work is worth mentioning.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2019, 05:06:42 pm »
The Mindfulness & Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety by Forsyth and Eifert.

Based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) - some reviewers on Amazon criticize it for being repetitive. It does repeat key points but personally I find this helps reinforce the points and helps me integrate the material. This book along with therapy, exercise and meditation (I love Headspace app) have been hugely helpful for me.