Author Topic: Book Recommendations  (Read 54419 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Book Recommendations
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 01:14:51 pm »
From my personal library, here are a few which have really helped;

The Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn (4 complete books in 1), being  The Game of Life, The Power of the Spoken Word, Your Word Is Your Wand, The Secret of Success.

David Baird - A Thousand Paths to happiness.

Susan Hayward - A Guide for the Advanced Soul - A Book of Insight.

Avril Carruthers - Let your past GO and LIVE.  Freedom from family, relationship and work baggage.

David J Schwartz - The Magic of thinking Big.

Aubrey C Daniels - Bringing out the Best in people.  How to apply the astonishing power of positive reinforcement....

Staffy
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2012, 10:08:32 pm »
Feeling Good: the new mood therapy
Clinically proven drug free treatment for depression
David Burns
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2012, 01:36:34 am »
The mood cure. Well worth a read.

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 09:58:31 pm »
Any Dan Millman books I find interesting. I downloaded Michael McIntyre's autobiography and for a chuckle to take mind off things its great

David Burns 'New mood Therapy' :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2013, 09:30:08 am »
Mindfulness seems to be mentioned a lot here. I have Mindfulness in Plain English in both print and PDF form. Taking me ages to get through it, as I tire easily. But highly recommended.

When I first experienced anxiety, Claire Weekes was my heroine, such clear and concise understanding.

All I can add, if you have many physical symptoms of anxiety, is Dinah Bradley's books on Breathing and Hyperventilation.

All of these have helped me more than any medication.

[...]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:27:01 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2013, 11:40:50 am »
The Vitamin Cure for Depression: How to Prevent and Treat Depression Using Nutrition and Vitamin Supplementation by Bo H. Jonsson MD, PH.D and Andrew Saul PH.D

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2013, 12:20:41 pm »
When Panic Sets In
By David Burns
I just started this by a recommendation from a previous Xanax user who had great help from it

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2014, 06:25:04 am »
I just started reading Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza...

Excellent so far... Its about mindfulness from a scientific point of view...

perfect for me b/c I am an empirical evidence kind of person... I told my therapist all the "self talk" in the world is not going to help me b/c I did not understand how it works... Dr. Joe explains it very well in this book and now my therapy sessions make more sense...

-[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 08:00:02 pm »
THE TAO of Letting Go by Bruce Kumar Frantzis

A very good book, also available in audio format.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2015, 12:37:12 pm »
Bump

Great books :)