Author Topic: Book Recommendations  (Read 54318 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Book Recommendations
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 11:44:44 pm »
"The Highly Sensitive Person--How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You" by Elaine N Aron, PHD.
I have found that this book has best captured the essence of who I truly am. I have a posting in the Chewing the Fat board about personality type versus benzo prescription that covers this.
I've also found Dr Bourne's handbook on Anxiety to be very useful.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 05:49:52 pm »
Eckhart Tolle books-start with "The Power of Now"  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2011, 03:01:21 pm »
Has anyone read a book called Worse Than Heroin?  If so, what did you think of it.
Was just about to order Benzo-Wise and thought I'd search for some other books while I'm at it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2012, 11:30:47 pm »
Recommended by my doctor: The Chemistry of Calm by Henry Emmons, MD.

(maybe already mentioned--I didn't read the entire list here)

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 02:53:38 pm »
Has anyone read a book called Worse Than Heroin?  If so, what did you think of it.
Was just about to order Benzo-Wise and thought I'd search for some other books while I'm at it.
Have not heard of the book you mention. Did read benzo-wise and it helped me a lot during my w/d.

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 12:49:27 pm »
Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway
Susan Jeffers

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 02:21:34 am »
The book by Claire Weekes "Hope and Help for Your Nerves" was very helpful for me when I was young and first dealing with panic attacks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2012, 04:19:12 pm »
Full Catastrophe Living by John Kabat-Zinn
Oooh, I have that!  :thumbsup: He has another one called 'Mindful way through Depression'.

The Mindful Way Through Anxiety by Orsillo and Roemer

Also-
Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety By Forsyth and Eifert

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 04:38:02 am »
There is a Anxiety Disorders Hospital in Ohio run in part by Lucinda Bassit.They have a 24 hr Hotline for people with all types of Anxiety issues.The people that answer the phone are all former sufferers.This place is not a Pych Hospital.It is a very rare short stay (9 wk) all things scarey.1800- ANXIETY Very kind people.

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2012, 01:03:10 pm »
Another excellent read is AT LAST A LIFE - Anxiety and Panic Free by Paul David.  It's available as an eBook, he suffered with severe chronic anxiety for over 10 years but finally overcame these obstacles. 

He also has a great site called Anxiety No More.

Staffy