Author Topic: Book Recommendations  (Read 53664 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Book Recommendations
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 07:55:11 pm »
Feeling Good - Dr David Burns (the workbook)
Joy of Living- By a monk you can find it on amazon.com you can tell he is a monk cant remember his name lol
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Workbook-Again can find is on amazon.com
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 01:18:12 am »
Greetings All,

The two books below are excellent in their clear and down to earth style. I return to them often.

Best,
Majik Man

The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook, Third Edition imple, Concise, Step-by-Step Directions for Mastery of: Relaxation, Exercise, Coping with panic, Reral-life Desensitization, Overcoming negative self-talk, Changing mistaken beliefs, Visualization, expressing feelings, Assertiveness, Self-esteem, Nutrition, Meditation), by Edmund J. Bourne, Ph.D., MJF Books, NY, Copywright 2000 by New Harbinger Publications, Inc.

Freedpm From Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Personalized Recovery Program for Living with Uncertainty. By Jonathan Grayson, Ph.D., Director, Anxiety and Agoraphoobia Center. Published by The Berkley Group, NY, Copyright 2003.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 11:08:26 pm »
Has any read the book PANIC AWAY, is so, what do you think about it. I read it and you actually challenge your panic.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 02:58:49 am »
just wrote in another thread about this and then saw this one..how funny.. I just mentioned the book called "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" by Dale Carnegie.  I love this guy..he is so interesting. It was written in the 40's and has some very interesting stories about all these well know people from that time like Rockefella and JC Penny and a lot of other big time millionaires.. These people were some of the biggest stress cases and worriers and they actually got through it and wrote a little bit about it at the request of the author for his book.. There are also dozens of person stories about people who lived through the days of the Dust Bowl and great depression. They are quick short stories so they really hold your interest and best of all you relate to them.  Love it :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 06:05:01 am »
The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne....this an excellent book and has helped me tremendously

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 06:57:07 am »
The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne....this an excellent book and has helped me tremendously

I agree for that book. CBT at home.

Marija

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 01:45:37 pm »
What a fantastic book. Could have saved years of therapy and drug usage. I found the tools for managing my attacks wonderful self esteem boosters. I felt in control again!

I put them on a 3x5 card and carry them with me always. Don't need them since I have them. So subliminally just having them gives me Peace!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 02:15:15 pm »
Feeling Good - Dr David Burns (the workbook)

I ordered that book as one new one from the same writer called 'When Panic Attacks'

Marija

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 01:29:40 am »
oops lol I only see this now I have started a thread on the anxiety & phobia workbook handed to me today

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 02:46:47 am »
I'm reading ......

"When Things Fall Apart"

by Pema Chodron

I think the books pretty amazing!  It's all about embracing fear instead of running from it (and all that scary stuff).  :)