Author Topic: Book Recommendations  (Read 54197 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Book Recommendations
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 11:17:15 pm »
Full Catastrophe Living by John Kabat-Zinn
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 11:18:55 pm »
Full Catastrophe Living by John Kabat-Zinn

Oooh, I have that!  :thumbsup: He has another one called 'Mindful way through Depression'.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 02:57:51 am »
Jon Kabat-Zinn is awesome. If any are interested in getting into  mindfullness practice, "Mindfulness in Plain English" is a great how-to manual.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 02:16:21 am »
Jon Kabat-Zinn is awesome. If any are interested in getting into  mindfullness practice, "Mindfulness in Plain English" is a great how-to manual.

How right you are, [...]. I printed that whole book from the internet!  :laugh:

The link I used is no longer available, but I just found this one. http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe.html

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 02:19:34 am »
So much to read, so little time!!  :laugh:

What do you think about getting these together in a list and put it on the site somewhere?

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 02:29:37 am »
So much to read, so little time!!  :laugh:

What do you think about getting these together in a list and put it on the site somewhere?

Well, this is the list!  :laugh:

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 02:34:16 am »
I knew you were going to say that!! :laugh:

But, I was thinking something a little easier to print?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:55:54 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 02:42:31 am »
I"ve thought of something like this too. Let me talk to the senior team and see if we can come up with something.  ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 09:39:02 pm »
The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 11:50:09 am »
Great - thanks for this list - it's a big help!