Author Topic: Book Recommendations  (Read 50842 times)

[Buddie]

Book Recommendations
« on: October 25, 2009, 10:58:19 pm »
This thread is for posting book recommendations.

If you have read or are currently reading a book on anxiety/panic/worry/depression, etc., and you have found it to be helpful, let us know!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Book Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:26:45 am »
These three books have been a life-saver for me in my 7 year struggle with anxiety:

The Energy Perscription by Constance Grauds
The Essential Rumi, collection of poetry translated by Coleman Barks
The Wisdom of Insecurity by Alan Watts

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 03:06:23 pm »
The Anti-Anxiety Workbook: Proven Strategies to Overcome Worry, Phobias, Panic and Obsessions by: Martin Antony, PhD & Peter Norton, PhD

Mastering Your Fears and Phobias (Treatments That Work) by: Martin Antony, PhD

When Perfect Isn't Good Enough: Strategies For Coping With Perfectionism by: Martin Antony, PhD & Richard P. Swinson

10 Simple Solutions to Panic: How to Overcome Panic Attacks, Calm Physical Symptoms & Reclaim Your Life by: Martin Antony, PhD

10 Simple Solutions to Stress: How To tame Tension And Start Enjoying Your Life by: Martin Antony, PhD & Randi E. McCabe

10 Simple Solutions To Worry: How to Calm Your Mind, Relax Your Body & Reclaim Your Life by: Kevin L. Gyoerkoe, Pamela S. Wiegartz

From Panic To Power by: Lucinda Bassett

The Quiet Mind by: White Eagle

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 08:07:36 pm »
This thread is for posting book recommendations.

If you have read or are currently reading a book on anxiety/panic/worry/depression, etc., and you have found it to be helpful, let us know!
  I read your ending done with seroquel! I just started it oh no! Please advice under proper forum. I hate it. Vicky

I just posted to you in your seroquel thread. Just saw it!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 07:43:10 am »
Dr. Claire Weekes, all her books and recordings. I have "Self help for your nerves" and "Essential help for your nerves". Excellent advice for people suffering agoraphobia, anxiety, panic, fears etc.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 05:24:20 pm »
Dr. Claire Weekes, all her books and recordings. I have "Self help for your nerves" and "Essential help for your nerves". Excellent advice for people suffering agoraphobia, anxiety, panic, fears etc.

I love Claire Weekes! So simple yet so powerful.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 01:47:39 am »
Does anyone have any links to free downloads for CW?

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 01:46:22 pm »
Does anyone have any links to free downloads for CW?

[...]-

If you "google" what you are asking, a bunch of hits will come up. Not sure if they are free, some have links to other sites attached to them....why I hesitate to post them here.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 05:03:18 pm »
I think I bought some cheap audios of her on ebay at one time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 10:44:15 pm »
"Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers"

Great book with a science/medical bend to it, but very clear, humorous, and entertaining, even for people with little to no science background!

http://books.google.com/books?id=nYVAY7prrNIC&dq=why+zebras+don%3Bt+get+ulcers&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=9s-zS6b0D4K4Ncblkb8J&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=&f=false