Author recommendations for people who suffer from anxiety/ocd

[e4...]

[e4...]

I was referred to this author by my psychologist who was at a conference of his, she was blown away:

Dr. Martin Antony

Do a google search and read up on him and his many book for help with anxiety and many other issues such as OCD & perfectionist behaviours. I just ordered 7 books from amazon by him for under $90.00....I don't gently walk in to the water...I high dive >:D

I hope those that suffer with anxiety, panic, ocd and other issues that lead to benzo use take a look and research to see if this is something you feel will help.

I cannot wait to start filling my body & soul with tools...that is what these books are...tools. ;)

Just Breathe

I've been doing some research into anxiety issues because now that I'm benzo free I want to make sure I don't go back to square one.

Haven't looked up your good Dr yet but will do so.  Note you mention perfectionist behaviours and the fact that you are a high diver.  Having looked into a forum on anxiety seems this is a common trait amongst those of us who have developed anxiety.  We set very high standards for ourselves and generally get over-involved with situations.  I can relate my own life to this and now have to step back from situations, analyse and then decide if I want to tackle whatever it is.  This is not who I have been for my whole life, so I'm having to do some serious re-training.  It's hard saying "no" to someone who you know could do with some help, but I know now I have to take care of me for a change.

Thanks for the reference, will definitely look at it.

[e4...]

I am glad you both found this info useful...I will def update when I get the books from amazon...can't wait....more tools to learn :o

JB

• 2 weeks later...