11 days Valium-free!!

[An...]

:)Hi all, just thought I would check in.

Well, the first few days after I finished titration were a bit wobbly, but each day I have a bit less anxiety, and I am clear-headed and can actually work things out for myself! I now feel after 11 days that I am really on the way to recovery, the main problem being sleeping problems, but have been told to expect and accept this, so am trying to make no big deal of it!

My depression has lifted, and the headaches and tinnitus are much less, in fact I can say that 90% of my days are good. I know I was not on this evil drug for long, but I feel I have been lucky, although at times very tough!

I just want to say that it is possible to do this, and even in my worst hours I knew I could do it - and this is what you must tell yourself. 

I would thouroughly recommend titration - and also CBT - I now feel I am equipped if anything should happen I CAN deal with it, and I don't need benzos to get me through.

Just in case you are wondering - I threw away my remaining pills, down the toilet, which is the best place for them!!!!!!!

Regards

Annie6

[d8...]

Well, the first few days after I finished titration were a bit wobbly, but each day I have a bit less anxiety, and I am clear-headed and can actually work things out for myself! I now feel after 11 days that I am really on the way to recovery, the main problem being sleeping problems, but have been told to expect and accept this, so am trying to make no big deal of it!

My depression has lifted, and the headaches and tinnitus are much less, in fact I can say that 90% of my days are good. I know I was not on this evil drug for long, but I feel I have been lucky, although at times very tough!

I just want to say that it is possible to do this, and even in my worst hours I knew I could do it - and this is what you must tell yourself.  

I would thouroughly recommend titration - and also CBT - I now feel I am equipped if anything should happen I CAN deal with it, and I don't need benzos to get me through.

Just in case you are wondering - I threw away my remaining pills, down the toilet, which is the best place for them!!!!!!!

Regards

Annie6

CONGRATS ANNIE6....always great to hear a good success story. Wishing you the best that life can bring :)

Just Breathe

Hi Annie,

Thanks for telling us your story, so many people read this section, they need the hope you offer.  You've let those who have only been on the drug for a short time know they can recover as you have or almost have.    ::)

Pam :smitten:

Hi annie,

Well done on being benzo free  :yippee: thank you so much for coming back and teeling us your story, its so important for others to see that yes it can be done!!

love lynn xx  :smitten:

Regards

Annie6

Hi Annie

Bless your heart! Determined and did a great job. And throwing the rest down the toilet, that’s really a statement. Clear headed and no tinnitus must feel really great. I hope that your road becomes less wobbly very soon and good days are ahead.

Teckels

Awsome is right Annie

How are you feeling if I may ask?

I am water titrating from 10mg of Valium but going consideralbly slower and wondering how you are feeling now?

all the best

sandy :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

First, thanks for all your messages and support..... :)

Well, I stopped Valium on 8th October, and slowly am becoming me again!  The main thing is that I can think clearly, and work better, however, I am still having morning anxiety, but this is NOTHING compared to how it was.

The thing is I can now think...'I am soo much better, this will pass, look where I am now!' I often think, if I had a Valium would I take it? Absolutely not! I get a bit down still, but I can overcome it....I know I will feel better later in the day, and being mindful of what I am doing, and living in the present moment helps a lot! Concentration on the task in hand, no matter how mundane really helps, keeping busy, but not manic helps.

I can now lay on the settee and read a book...and remember what I have read!!!

My sleep is improving, I only wake up once a night on average - but go back to sleep again.

I can concentrate on and enjoy a radio programme.

Tinnitus only happens every few days.

I can be alone in the house and enjoy it (mostly!)

That is me up to now.....you can do it all of you, don't ever doubt yourselves, freedom is there, it is just a long walk to grab it, but you will!  I was a total mess, now I can see that, I have come this far and you all can too.

All things must pass, this is what I told myself, and they do.

Regards

Annie (love and thanks to my husband ,son & Mum)

Hi annie,

So good to hear from you!  Many people leave and we never know if their lives have improved, thanks for letting us know that our time with you was well spent!

Isn't it great to feel this way, to be free from the horror you lived through?  Now you're able to do the things you longed to do.  It sounds too as if you're recognizing and accepting the mornings for what they are and knowing the feelings will pass.  What a gift you've been given to be able to appreciate even the simplest pleasures in life.

Thanks for sharing your good fortune with us. :smitten:

Pam

Thanks Annie,

I love success stories because it gives me hope that one day I will recover too.

I am so happy for you and glad that your living life to the fullest now benzo free! What a wonderful post!

XXXXX :smitten:

Shelley

• 5 months later...

Hi Annie,

Long time! It's good to hear from you, and congratulations!  :yippee:

I"m going to go ahead and move this to the benzo-free board.

The success board is really for longer time recovered.

Hi All,

It is easy to forget those who have helped you when you are back in the real world.....but I have not forgotten Benzobuddies!

I am 6 months on from my last valium, I can honestly say that I am back to my normal self, no anxiety, no depression, sleeping through the night, enjoying work, and I feel I can go anywhere, do anything.

With the help of my CBT therapist I am there at last!

I am thinking of all you guys who have a way to go, I found that even in my worst times that trying to retrieve that feeling of self-belief was hard, but you can find it and kick the benzo, my thoughts are with you, and please don't give up, go slower, but don't give up! :smitten:

My best wishes & hugs to you all, and thanks again all you great people, without you I would have suffered a lot more, and have faith in yourselves, you can all do it!

Annie

I am 6 months on from my last valium, I can honestly say that I am back to my normal self, no anxiety, no depression, sleeping through the night, enjoying work, and I feel I can go anywhere, do anything.

Of course you are, I'm so sorry Annie! I just saw the subject line "11 day free" and I went on auto pilot and moved you. I will move you back to success stories.  :-[::)

Nice to see you again!  :mybuddy: