Michael Jackson -- acute propofol and benzodiazepine intoxication

[pr...]

i just watched a show called "Autopsy" about Michael Jackson.

in the show they stated that Dr. Murray wanted to taper him from the propofol and for a few nights he did not administer the propofol for him -- but he did give him three different benzodizepines -- diazepam, midazolam and lorazepam. the autopsy guy said there wasn't any demerol in his body at the time although he was addicted to that for years.

it was also presumed that Michael Jackson administered more propofol himself while Murray was out of the room, but who really knows?

anyway, i just watched it and thought it interesting. i am sure that he was in a profound and deep interdose and tolerance withdrawal from benzo's and other drugs too.

in the show they stated that Dr. Murray wanted to taper him from the propofol and for a few nights he gave him three different benzodizepines -- diazepam, midazolam and lorazepam. the autopsy guy said there wasn't any demerol in his body at the time although he was addicted to that for years.

it was also presumed that Michael Jackson administered more propofol while Murray was out of the room, but who really knows?

anyway, i just watched it and thought it interesting. i am sure that he was in a profound and deep interdose and tolerance withdrawal from benzo's and other drugs too.

He must have been in Benzo tolerance wd for many years....I remember

reading his first Benzo was Xanax. ....what a waste of life, so sad.

in the show they stated that Dr. Murray wanted to taper him from the propofol and for a few nights he gave him three different benzodizepines -- diazepam, midazolam and lorazepam. the autopsy guy said there wasn't any demerol in his body at the time although he was addicted to that for years.

it was also presumed that Michael Jackson administered more propofol while Murray was out of the room, but who really knows?

He must have been in Benzo tolerance wd for many years....I remember

reading his first Benzo was Xanax. ....what a waste of life, so sad.

i betcha he was in benzo tolerance, opiate interdose withdrawal and they also said that he had been on the propofol for ten years!

i betcha he was in benzo tolerance, opiate interdose withdrawal and they also said that he had been on the propofol for ten years!

Yea...just thinking about it makes me shudder. :'(

• 2 weeks later...
Bill Maher covered this at one point, stating that many people like MJ had "everything", and still had to live with the torture of needing ever-increasing drugs to do something people with less take for granted - sleep.  No doubt the anxiety that comes with being a star led to a need for the meds.  Obviously he wasn't  well served by his personal doctor, but no doubt MJ craved and demanded the drugs.  God bless the child that can be a public figure and also be well-adjusted, not needing pharma.

Bill Maher covered this at one point, stating that many people like MJ had "everything", and still had to live with the torture of needing ever-increasing drugs to do something people with less take for granted - sleep.  No doubt the anxiety that comes with being a star led to a need for the meds.  Obviously he wasn't  well served by his personal doctor, but no doubt MJ craved and demanded the drugs.  God bless the child that can be a public figure and also be well-adjusted, not needing pharma.

Yes,  :)

Obviously he wasn't  well served by his personal doctor, but no doubt MJ craved and demanded the drugs.

there also was talk that when Dr. Murray was out of the room, MJ dosed himself with more propofol. being an addict myself, i wouldn't put it past another addict to do something like this, especially when one is insane from lack of sleep.

Totally! We have lost so many to this drug alone (benzo's). Then, like many of us, the victim is judged by sanctimonious people/reporters/doctors/ etc about their "drug addictions" when they have no clue as to what we/they went through. I have seen the psychiatric field from the inside and it is a bad scene. Who cares what exactly he took at the end? He was "handled" for far too long by "doctors" who still do NOT know what the f they are doing with this stuff and really don't care in most cases. OK I'll stop now. Aloha, HM

i just watched this show called "Reelz" Autopsy and tonight they spoke about Brittany Murphy and Amy Winehouse. Brittany was on 4 different benzo's, hydrocodone, and 14 other prescription medication of half that were not in her name. yes she did have a chest virus but i don't think she would have died if she was on so many other medications.

Amy Winehouse was taking Librium along with alcohol, cocaine and heroin.

they are going to talk about Heath Ledger next week and i'm sure it will more of the same with benzo's being in the mix.

i have no idea how i didn't die from this. i am quite sure that in my whole experience with all of this drug use i have taken a far more large cocktail of benzo, opiates and other prescription medication as well as alcohol early on of which i stopped. but this last time when i had been trying to taper klonopin and vicodin i got seriously trapped on this hycodan cough syrup of which i was taking 16 oz every 5 days. i would keep myself up at night for fear i was going to stop breathing. i'm sure that i did over dose many times on this cough syrup mixed with the benzo's and regular strength vicodin. i have no idea how i escaped death thus far? i am truly grateful to be clean and sober once again and i am never going back to Crucify myself again!

Where does this show appear? On what channel? I wonder if I get it........

i get here up north in California. it's a show called "Reelz" Autopsy. it comes on channel 117 for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all, yeah I'm waiting for the autopsy results on Prince. I would bet big money on a benzo being in the mix. That Reelz show sounds interesting. C

Hey all, yeah I'm waiting for the autopsy results on Prince. I would bet big money on a benzo being in the mix. That Reelz show sounds interesting. C

i'll be waiting for them to talk about Prince on the Reelz 'Autopsy" show as well. i just watched Maurice Gibb of the BeeGee's yesterday and he was an alcoholic and heavy smoker but they said his death was a result of a twist-turning (i forget the medical term for it) of his intestines that he was actually born with. but i'm sure all those years or drinking, cocaine abuse and cigarettes didn't help.

so far i've watched on that show:

Amy Winehouse - a benzo and alcohol death

Heath Ledger -- polydrugged with 3 different benzo's mixed in - but they said it was the opiates that killed him.

River Phoenix -- another benzo (valium) poly drug -- but they said it was the heroin - so more opiates.

Librace - had a mix of benzo's but they said it was HIV.

Michael Jackson - had 3 benzo mix but they said it was propofol but they also talked about him having opiate addiction that he got the drug from his Dermatologist. (yeah, that's what a Derm is for) -- and i don't doubt for a second that when Dr. Murray left the room that Michael administered more propofol for himself, do not doubt that at all. i didn't say this but i think it was implied by Dr. Murray when he was on trial.

Brittany Murphy -- mix of 3-4 different benzo's, OTC drugs and i think some opiates.

Whitney Houston -- don't know yet but i would imagine it's all the same thing.

i do not know how i've survived this./ i've had two rounds of both benzo and opiate stories. many opiate over doses.

next week i plan to watch Anna Nicole Smith and Marilyn Monroe -- i'm sure a mix of benzos were a part of their mix.

Im surprised that Anna nicole wasnt on show.

I think she had methadone and tamiflu in her system when she died??

Im surprised that Anna nicole wasnt on show.

I think she had methadone and tamiflu in her system when she died??

Anna Nicole and Marilyn Monroe are coming on  this Reelz "Autopsy" show this weekend. i am going to watch both and i will report back. so far mostly everyone including actor Brad Renfro who i always liked a lot and kinda likened him to another River Phoenix and Corey Haim were also victims of opiate being the cause. Brad died from a heroin overdose like River.

here's Brad -- he was a cutie. he was in a movie with Susan Sarandon.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY3MDY3NzUwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODM3OTI1._V1_.jpg