Ready to start titration!

[wi...]

Quick question: I'm ready to start titration to freedom from benzos!  How do I submit my information to BenzoBuddies for a taper plan??

Thanks!!!

Just post your daily dosage amount, how many times per day, type of med, and how fast you want to reduce. Most people reduce between 5-10% per month.  :thumbsup:

Hey Crash, I only have 1mg K pills but daily dose is .375. Would like to cut about 5% every 2 weeks or so.

Currently only taking 1 dose per day but would probably like to go to 2 or 3 to help with my anxiety.

Any more help is appreciated.

Here's my info:

Tapered Ativan from .5 mg AM&PM to .25mg AM&PM 10/15-04/16 (with 2 month hold in the middle for the holidays)

Started 3rd cut .25mg AM 4/4/16 Can't handle it.......kicking my butt!!!

Reading about titration encouraged me to try it.

I think I'd like to go 1% everyday, starting from .25mg am&pm

BIG question: I'm also on 10 mg Ambien, which I just learned from this website is a Benzo as well!  :'( Can I try to cut both meds by titration at the same time???

Thank so much for your help!

B strong,

If you want to take it 2 times per day, put 11.25 mg in a 60 ml bottle. Add 12 ml of vodka or PG to dissolve. Add water to make it 60 ml total.

This will give you a 30-day supply.

To start take 1 ml doses twice a day. That's 2 ml total each day, or .375 mg.

Reduce .01 ml on your syringe every third day.  :thumbsup:

Winners, I would taper one at a time.

Are you taking .25 twice a day for a total of .5?

If so, make a 30-day supply by mixing 15 mg with 15 ml of vodka or PG. Add water to make it 60 ml total.

Start with 1 ml doses twice a day. This gives you .5 mg per day.

Reduce 1%, or .01 ml on the syringe, every 4 days. That will be a very slow taper. Speed up or slow down as needed.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I've gathered everything I need and I'm starting titration TODAY! I don't know why this is so intimidating. I guess because it is unknown and unfamiliar. BUT, it makes sense that this is what I need to do to get off this drug and recover my life.....so here goes!

OK, I've gathered everything I need and I'm starting titration TODAY! I don't know why this is so intimidating. I guess because it is unknown and unfamiliar. BUT, it makes sense that this is what I need to do to get off this drug and recover my life.....so here goes!

I understand your fears, but this is really no different than measuring out and dosing an OTC med like a cold/cough liquid.

Once you make have you supply of liquid, its just a matter of measuring out the amount you want to take.

It will be just fine.

Many of us felt the same. Afraid of measuring wrong. Afraid of the daily cuts. Etc. Don't worry. Many many of us have done it and found it to be a huge relief.  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I was too ambitious with my first stab at titration. I figured I could handle 1% a day since it was such a minute amount. Within 10 days my symptoms became much more intense. I'm updosing slightly and holding at .25mg 2x daily. My daughter is getting married in 6 weeks, and as "mother of the bride" I really need as much physical strength and mental acuity as possible!! My plan is to hold until after the wedding and then begin tapering MUCH slower......probably 1% every 3 or 4 days. Does this sound sensible? Just looking for a little affirmation and encouragement, I guess.

Thanks!!! 

Ok, so I was too ambitious with my first stab at titration. I figured I could handle 1% a day since it was such a minute amount. Within 10 days my symptoms became much more intense. I'm updosing slightly and holding at .25mg 2x daily. My daughter is getting married in 6 weeks, and as "mother of the bride" I really need as much physical strength and mental acuity as possible!! My plan is to hold until after the wedding and then begin tapering MUCH slower......probably 1% every 3 or 4 days. Does this sound sensible? Just looking for a little affirmation and encouragement, I guess.

Thanks!!!

Very.  Even better, you can break that 1% up into .25% or .33% every day.  This change will get the drug working for you to the max.

Thank you! But I'm not sure I follow. Crash set up a titration schedule for me which spelled making a months worth of liquid with the lorazepam and then using a 1 ml syringe, going down one tiny line, each line being approx. 1%. Sorry, just a bit confused by your post.....

That's up to you.  There is an advantage to tapering daily.  The drug remain in you body longer to help with symptoms.  But some people would rather cut and hold.