From cutting to titration...ready to start and need help

[le...]

Hello all.  I am currently stabilizing my dose of klonopin at .25 mg day (I take .125 twice a day, at about 10 am and 10 pm.

I have the yellow pills (.5 mg) and want to start doing a 10 % taper.  I have my pill crusher and graduated cylinder and was wondering if Colin could draw me up a schedule for a slow taper.  I do not know how long to stay at each dose. I do have the 100ml cylinder with each ml marked on the cylinder.

I am sorry to ask for help, as I am sure I could figure it out.  But right now it seems overwhelming to figure it out and I don't want to mess up. I would also be able to waste as few pills as possible.

Thank you so much for being so willing to help.  I am so appreciative of this forum!

~Leena :smitten:

Hi Leena,

You should have a discussion with other members to help you determin a good taper rate for you. These things are are always a best guess, but the taper rate can be adjusted later if need be (I can draw up a new schedule with a new taper rate to start where you leave off from the first schedule).

I would consider a slow taper rate to be something in the order of 0.5% per day, but if you are particularly sensitive, you might like to go even slower (at least initially). I don't know enough of your circumstances to give a solid suggestion of a suitable taper rate for you, so please seek the feedback of those that better understand your situation and history. I will also require a start date.