BENZO FREE AS OF THIS MINUTE. . JUST TOOK MY LAST DOSE OF VALIUM!

[to...]

Just wanted to update everyone.  I was on Klonopin and then a small dose of valium (2mg) for the last 7 years.  I have suffered with agoragphobia, anxiety, fatigue, etc..  With the boards help, I decided to do a taper.  I did it as follows:

i took my 2mg pill and put it into a 100ml syringe filled with water.  I let it dissolve for about 10 mintues.  I would shake it up and remove the "water" that I was reducing by.  I did 10ml about every 2 weeks.  I had a couple "stable" weeks where I did not cut any more due to "stress", but I remained diligent..

I have supplemented with Melatonin 1mg for sleep.  It has not been super easy, but I can say this. . .the lower my dose got, the better I felt.  When I stabilized my anxiety improved greatly.  Each cut brough about some challenges, but I always was aware the symptoms would pass.

Here is to being benzo free.  I know I have to stabilize from the last cut (10%) reduction, but I am in the home stretch and there won't be anymore pills entering this mouth. :)  One thing I hated is that the days can feel like weeks at time.  Almost as if the clock does not move.  I trust this will get better as evertyhing else has.  The other thing is the off balance/dizzy thing. . . .it has improved greatly as i have lowered my dose.  It is actually kind of nice to type this as I remember how bad things were.  :)  Thanks for your advice.  I will post again in a while and let everyone know how it is on the other side.  Tommy!

BRAVO TO YOU AND HOPE YOU FIND MUCH HAPPINESS AND HEALING WITHOUT BENZO'S IN YOUR LIFE!! :smitten:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p116/Shelleyr_2007/rainbow.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff253/badkinkygrandma/new%20tags%20feb%2009/league%20things/Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif

love lynn xx  :smitten: