the weight gain group/too fat

[Sa...]

Hello,

Thought would be nice to exchange about weight issues.

I have gained 16 pounds and have not lodt aby weight so far. How are u guys? Any strategies?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sa...]

• [Re...]

• [Gr...]

• [Gr...]

since starting my taper, I have gained weight, no scale, but gained, I can feel it.........I think when I get w/d/sxs I eat to try to make myself feel better, not done by far........not benzo free (yet)

INP

since starting my taper, I have gained weight, no scale, but gained, I can feel it.........I think when I get w/d/sxs I eat to try to make myself feel better, not done by far........not benzo free (yet)

INP

When i tapered down i have initially lost weight and suddenly when i was medfree i gained wait and all trousers did not fit suddenly

I am a walking blob with no desire to exercise. Used to bicycle 10 miles a day until I started taper. Unfortunately had several falls Doctor attributes to Benzo clumsiness. when I get through this I will hit the trails. Can't worry about weight while dealing with crazy WD's.🚳

I am a walking blob with no desire to exercise. Used to bicycle 10 miles a day until I started taper. Unfortunately had several falls Doctor attributes to Benzo clumsiness. when I get through this I will hit the trails. Can't worry about weight while dealing with crazy WD's.🚳

Hsy...yes those symptoms can be horriblr :( but for me the hellish sympoms and weight are equally bad :((

Wish we would be out soon.  Which months are u in?

I am 16th months out.

I tried to gain weight (without supplements) for about fife years. I became strong and went from 45 kilos to 69. In my first attempt to withdraw (cold turkey) i went straight back to 45 kilos in just 10 days or so.

:tickedoff:

i worked so hard and i am angry. noone prescribed me benzos. i did this to myself.

• 4 weeks later...
I gained 30 pounds despite no appetite and healthy food. 8 months out and it won't budge. Too fatigued to exercise any more than walking, still. :-\

I've gained about 20 lbs just since this last September. I didn't change my diet . I don't exercise other than gentle walking and yoga but I don't have the stamina to do anything stronger.

Ive also gained about 20lbs and eat almost nothing. I look like im 7 months pregnant. I cud NEVER gain weight my whole life, then all of a sudden bam it just showed up in my belly.

• 2 weeks later...

I lost some weight, on purpose, and I've been trying and trying unsuccessfully to lose more.  I have

been having a really really hard time controlling my eating, but even when I feel like I do pretty

good, I still don't see the pounds coming off.

I really feel like my stomach would be smaller right now, even at this same weight, if not

for the benzo withdrawal.

Honest its not worth worrying about weight gain/loss you can't do FA about it. I have been seriously under weight, obese , normal weight, gone back up again eating the same diet. I went from 120-130lbs and I'm 5.6 and a half  and I would say medium bone structure, up to 220lbs, down to 98, up to 126, down to 94, up to 126, back to 98, up to 140, back to 98, up to 192, now at 174 after losing 6lbs in about 4 days all this is on the same diet with the odd blow out.

But I do get the can't stop eating episodes which also make no difference with the weight going up or down, unless its a serious eating bender for weeks months when I'm not able to move much at all. But other than that its just waiting I mean 6 lbs loss in less than a week and no difference in what I eat, its a symptom and will correct it self as homoeostasis improves unless your eating mega loads of junk then weigh gains to be expected . I eat a great diet no junk but still heap the weight on or lose it.

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 2 months later...

Hey everybody

How is everyone doing weightwiise?

Nova, does ur weight still fluctuate so much?

And everyone else...did u lose some weight?

I have not lost any so far and still benzo belly.

I just recently got diagnosed with an underactive thyroid, guess that's at least partially why I've been so lethargic and gaining weight this past year. I just started taking levothyroxine last week, it should take about six weeks to adjust my hormones, then my dr will recheck them in September. I'm not sure if the thyroid problem was triggered by withdrawals or not since I have a history of it going up and down in the past. My tests were straight down the middle normal when I had it checked in March 2015 before I started my taper. I hope I start losing weight once the med becomes effective. I feel so fat and unattractive and my belly looks six months pregnant.

Hello Grapejuice,

i have the same feeling.. i am 20th month off and i have lost nothing so much. I have 16 pounds too much and as a big belly. Would be intrested to hear how this evolves for you

Hello all

I also have gained weight since my CT withdrawal.  But I know it is because I eat too much!  I cant help it.  I have the urge to eat all the time and dont feel good if I dont.  It makes no sense.  I wasnt like this before withdrawal.  I am almost 15 months out and feel FAT.  I wonder if this feeling goes away? 

I gained 20+ lbs after finding out I had hypothyroidism. Then I changed my diet and became an exercise nut. I managed to lose 10 lbs but then gained 8 of them back. I blame it in my sweet tooth as I am a fool for chocolate. Quitting the ciggies did no favors weight wise. Every time I wanted to light up, I ate instead. Now I have to wear my new "fatty pants." Those old lady pants. :D

Betsy :)

Hello everybody,

it is really though road and then on top of it this weight and belly issue...and not much we can control here.

@ Benzogirl...not bad u manged to lose some wieght...wish i could do so as well but too bad u gained it back....

This all is so frustating and hard to imagne how this all works or not...although it is probably the imbalance in our bodies...but it is still hard till it is not finished....but is always good if all of us stay in touch

• 2 months later...
well,  I was miserable in w/d last year but was happy to be in size 10 again.  I reacted to all food.  But I've put it all back on and more pushing a size 16.  No amount of exercise seems to budge it.  Ain't it awful to have a wardrobe that is too small and no money to purchase fattie size?  At 5fft 10in - I feel like Sasquatch.  Anyone able to get weight off eventually? WB

Hey WBB:

I gained 25 lbs that I did not need. I was able to get rid of most of it my exercising every day. Then I quit the ciggies and had bad sugar cravings and gained in back. Now I have moved to another state and the friends I am staying with don't have anything sugary in their house. I just weighed myself as I have not been able to exercise and thought I was be a real tub. Turns out I lost 9 lbs, which I was very happy about. However, I am still stuck in my "fatty" pants thought they are loose right now. I read somewhere online that even if you eat a small amount of sugar (in any form, like BBQ  sauce)  you can't lose any weight. Bummer but I wanted to mention my 2 cents. I hope all is well with you WBB and I can't check in too much until I close on the home and get my inert net up and running.

Betsy :)

Hi Bets

Yeah - I think you must be right about the sugar - which I have every morning with my other no-no: coffee.  The longer I am off the Z drug - the more sensitive I am to this stuff.

Back when I couldn't eat anything, I tapered off coffee for awhile which meant no sugar or Half and Half, and the weight melted off.  I can't tolerate the sugar substitutes, either - so when I picked up the coffee again - those calories added up.

I have alot of "diet rebel" in me which is a term I'm borrowing from Intuitive Eating.  I just bridle at rules about eating.  I wanted to stop dieting and deprivation and just go with the flow.  But "the flow" is sort of a problem right now.  For instance, I have a couple of genetic mutations that need addressing in diet.  Arrgggh  I don't want to!  I want to eat what I want the way I want.  No more learning, please!

But I know being overweight isn't "normal" either and may require discipline I just don't want to practice.  I think, "Haven't I shown stik-to-itiveness with this taper?  Isn't that enough?"  Well, yeah so how bout achieving another goal?  (I have these internal discussions with myself all day)  Maybe it is time to start examining self-sabotage and all that stuff.  Ugghh  getting ready to get ready.  WBB