A Special Thank You

[Ge...]

Hi Guys,

I haven't logged in forever but figured I should give a little update. I have had a very long miserable and life changing experience trying to come off benzos. It was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I stopped taking benzo's about a year ago and haven't took any since. I must stress that it was insanity, I have no idea how the hell I made it. I went through so much pain physically and mentally. I look back on the last few years and I am saddened to see how much has been wasted but as I explain further, at least it hasn't gone in vain. I lost my girlfriend that was so incredibly dear to me. On top of that, I nearly lost my job, my sanity and most importantly my life.

'However' my life has took an amazing turn for the best. Things finally settled down and believe it or not my severe anxiety and panic attacks nearly vanished. Don't get me wrong, I do have some challenges but 'nothing' like before. A wise man and a person I can call an angel in disguise once told me "If you could get past this, just imagine all the things you can accomplish". Thank you for letting me talk to you on the phone that day, those words truly saved my life.

If you would have met me a year ago, you would have no idea I was the same person. Just a year ago I was in bed sick as a dog, agoraphobic and constantly worrying that I was going to run out of pills.

Now....

I am nearly anxiety free, feel awesome, bought a motorcycle and riding it all over California and met the best room mates in the world! I am also never passing up any opportunity that comes my way, if I like it or not. It has worked wonders for my life! Its all about the law of attraction!  :laugh:

Here are my words of wisdom:

1. Be strong

2. Don't be a fool like me, remember to taper slowly. Trust me, it only makes things easier and quicker in the long run.

2. Imagine how things will be after

3. Keep focused

4. Keep busy, whatever that maybe

5. Make fun plans on what you want to do and who you want to be once this is over. Trust me you will need to make up for lost time.

6. Enjoy the little things

7. Last but not least... REMEMBER! No matter how much it feels like it won't, this shall pass!

Once you come to the end of your journey, remember to learn from your experience. In an odd way I am glad this happen to me. You see, I would not be the person I am today if I never went though this experience. Once upon a time, I took things for granted and was very naive. All I have to say, never again! We only live once and we better start doing so!

A special thank to tropicalsoul, wonderwoman, eljay and Jack

Much Love,

George (aka Geor-hey)

Hello, George,

I vividly remember the pain you went through and am so thrilled by your revelations.  I always knew you would make it and here you are.......giving us your success story.  Every month will continue to get better.  I am so glad you are now enjoying life.  Big hugs and lots of kisses.

Patty  xoxox

Hi George,

Thank you so much for reporting back to us about how things have turned around for you - this is exactly the kind of feedback those going through withdrawal need to hear. Unfortunately, human nature being what it is, most people get off, get on with their lives, and fail to let us know well they are no doing (just too busy enjoying themselves, no doubt).

Again, thank you.

Colin.

PS I've sent you a PM.

Aw George, this makes it all worth it! I'm so incredibly happy for you. As Patty said, I too remember how terribly you suffered. We were all so concerned for you.

Thank you for posting this, it will help so many people. Right now, we have several members who are in the same place you were back then. How heartening for them to know and hear that it does get better.

You are a sweetheart.  :smitten:

Linda

Hi George,

I remember you, thank you so much for posting this.  I especially like what you said about your anxiety!!

"Things finally settled down and believe it or not my sever anxiety and panic attacks nearly vanished." 

So many people don't know how they're going to cope with their anxiety once off of the drug.  They don't realize the drug, then the withdrawals caused their anxiety.

Thanks again for letting of know how you are.

Pam

Hi George,

It's so good to hear from you!!  Especially with such good news.  :thumbsup:  I remember you well and have thought of you often, wondering how things worked out for you. 

I'm thrilled you have stayed benzo free and are having a wonderful life.  Be careful on that motorcycle.  ;)  ;D

:smitten:  TS

Thank you all! I love you all so much! Forgive me if I forgot to mention anybodies names, there were so many that helped me.  :)

This site is truly a god send, I don't know what I would have done if I didn't find you guys!

I think about everybody so much and I love seeing everybody doing so well. For the ones that are currently struggling, you are in my wishes and I will try and offer my words of wisdom. You will get though this!

Hi George:

Thanks for posting.  It does all of us who are still suffering so much good to hear that people do get better.  Good luck to you and I hope you have a wonderful life.

ntw

Hi george,

Thank you so much for coming back and telling us your doing, i'm so pleased for you  :yippee:

good luck to you!

love lynn xx  :smitten:

Wow! What an amazing story.  Thank you for coming back to post.  I am glad things are so much better for you.  Your story is very inspiring to us that are still tapering.  Please come back and continue to update us on how you are doing.  You are living proof that the benzo monster can be beaten.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

That's awesome George!  Thanks so much for checking back in and letting people know there is a better life after benzos!

It helps so much.  :thumbsup:

If you would have met me a year ago, you would have no idea I was the same person.

i know exactly what you mean.

In an odd way I am glad this happen to me.

:thumbsup: i getcha there too! Alot of time wasted......but this time...it's better!

So GREAT to hear another success story :clap:

• 1 month later...
It was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

If you would have met me a year ago, you would have no idea I was the same person

Hi Geo-hey

I wasn't around on BB when you were going through w/d but have to say a big thank you for stopping by to prove to others that there is life after benzos.

The two quotes above apply to me so much also, and probably to many here who have been through the nightmare that is benzo withdrawal.

May your life continue to just get better and better.  I too have changed through this experience - I doubt anyone who has come out the other end will ever return to the person they were in their previous life.  We are all better equipped to deal with life!

Well done you :thumbsup:

LB

Hi George, you dont know me, i wasn't here when you were, but i read your story and am so pleased it has such a happy ending    :yippee:      i am tapering very slowly as i am too scared to go any faster, and your story has reminded me that i am doing the right thing, thankyou so much for sharing it, and i wish you all the best for your much much better benzo free life      jewels    :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

Hey George,

I know that this is a rather late expression of gratitude, but thank you for returning to the forum and sharing your new-found life and success story.  My cup runneth over with hope. 

Enjoy the wind blowing through your hair!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing, George!  I could have not said it any better!  I've been benzo-free for 5 months now, feeling good 95% of the time working towards 100%!!  I too, can not explain how I came to be a part of the insane benzo world, but, I too think it has made me a better, more understanding, empathtic and so and so on!  I see thing totally different that I did a year ago when I started on my benzo journey.  I feel like I have be re-born and really feeling life now!

Joan