The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Sorry folks haven't time to address everyone as work is a nightmare 😵🤦.

Thanks Val for your message yes we really are in a pickle and l can't see it improving.The NHS is crippled and people are going to die.The NHS hasn't been fit for purpose for many years and each flu season it barely copes add in covid and it will crash and burn.One of the reasons l left in the first place so now we are in the real trouble.The fam are all doing well and muffin keeps trying but l can see a vet visit in the near future which is breaking my heart.l am just hopeful she makes it to January.l hope you are doing ok?l haven't caught up however l really hope you are seeing a little improvement? How's your daughter getting on?ls she back to school? You enjoy your day my lovely.love you.X

. Morning Scardie back with us l see and this time tapering that is good news woohoo 🎊🎉.I thought you were never going to taper.Listen love if you ask questions keep a note of the answers so you can go back and refresh your memory.l would agree with everything everyone here has said so far.Cut the Xanax first and just take it as it comes.Slow and steady and try not to panic and bounce up and down on your dose.Hang in there until things settle down.You dr/dp could be from tolerance, withdrawal or a side effect who knows for sure we just have to keep going and believe that we can and will get off this poison.love you.X

Morning Newbies sorry l haven't caught up with any of you but you should get plenty of good advice here.Stay strong my friends.X

. Morning Ginger how are you now honey?Are you feeling any less anxious?l really hope so.l know anxiety is horrible l have lived with it for years and to be fair until you have lived with it you can never know how crippling it can be.I know you will get through this honey just look after yourself and keep an eye on your thoughts.

Have to say yes l have a good memory however l work on it daily and l believe that is why it is as good now as it was 20 years ago.love you.X

Morning Suzy l wish you were a little kinder to yourself pet.l know we all make mistakes and the number of clangers l have dropped over the years is unbelievable.You know what if l could go back in time and do it all over again l would probably do the same bloody things 😉.Hindsights marvelous but we can't see the future so we plod along trying to do the right thing.Please stop being critical of yourself and practice being kind.Treat yourself the way you would a friend in the same situation.love you.X

Morning Trish where are you?l am not getting a good feeling about this absence of yours.Are you hanging in there.love you my LST.X

. Morning lady Mary, Gilly Valley Free Troch Olive NJ GP Final Bill Intend Nova Meems Esperanza Intend LWT Jasmine and everyone here sending you my love.X

Morning twin,

I'm sorry for the quietness. Just going through a rough time mentally. I have a lot on my mind.

I am still living life the best I can. I'm pretty busy everyday.

I hope you're doing ok with work. You make sure to keep yourself safe. My granddaughter who is 6 has to get a covid test today. She woke up congested and has a sore throat. I'm trying not to panic. Rich and I were with her Saturday. We went with the kids and grandkids pumpkin picking then had dinner at my house afterward. We are careful but it's out there and there's no guarantee. I am not worried for myself but I am worried for my granddaughter, daughter bc she has a health condition that causes her adrenal glands to produce too much of something, can't remember what atm my mind is just awful, that causes her BP to skyrocket. She's on about 6 meds for BP and depression. I guess you could say I'm worried about all of them really but mostly the ones in my family that have underlying health conditions.

So anyway we should have test results hopefully tomorrow. I will post to you the results.

Don't worry about me I'm not good but I am holding together.

Love you!

LST ❤️

Hey guys,

Hope you're all doing ok. I just wanted to pop in and ask for some prayers from anyone in the group who has faith. My 6 yr old granddaughter is being covid tested today. She woke up with a sore throat and nasal congestion. We were all together Saturday, me, Rich, kids and grandkids for pumpkin picking trip. We then had dinner at my house. I'm not worried for me but I am especially worried for my daughter who has a serious underlying health condition, my husband has copd as well. So if any of you pray I'd appreciate it if you would say a prayer for my family.

Thanks everyone and I wish you guys good days and long windows from bwd torture.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Thanks you two, thank you ❤️ Beauty and ❤️ Trina.  :angel: Helps so much to have sisters.  :smitten:

And you are funny to boot. “Gremlins“ and “Aunt Martha.”  :D

I will pray for you Trishy.

You know I had the same symptoms,  so did my son and it wS just cold.

A high fever us usually the hallmark of covid.

Ladies I know this group is about our cycles but I wanted to know if any of you are holding down full time jobs and how do you cope? Those not working, how was it leaving your job? I’m considering resigning and I’m going through the fear of not being financially stable like I’ve been for so long in my life and there is a sense of loss... Ive always been ms independent... my hubby is supportive but I’m scared of changing the dynamic. But my job is stressing me out a lot right now.

I was made redundant during tolerance wd and then 4 days later my hubby had a stroke, so that was last june I haven’t worked since. We are both on pension, he is on disability and I am on carers pension. I definitely couldn’t have worked I tried for months had so much time off. I would like to go back to work in new year but I’m in acute now so again can’t even think about work some days. Getting my kids to school is too much for me at times

Hey guys,

Hope you're all doing ok. I just wanted to pop in and ask for some prayers from anyone in the group who has faith. My 6 yr old granddaughter is being covid tested today. She woke up with a sore throat and nasal congestion. We were all together Saturday, me, Rich, kids and grandkids for pumpkin picking trip. We then had dinner at my house. I'm not worried for me but I am especially worried for my daughter who has a serious underlying health condition, my husband has copd as well. So if any of you pray I'd appreciate it if you would say a prayer for my family.

Thanks everyone and I wish you guys good days and long windows from bwd torture.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

I am so sorry Trishy.  The time of Covid just absolutely sucks.  Please let us know how she is and you take care of yourself.  I know you are scared, but we are with you as best we can posting.  Love you my friend, hold tight.  She is going to be fine, I just know it!!  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏♥️

Ladies I know this group is about our cycles but I wanted to know if any of you are holding down full time jobs and how do you cope? Those not working, how was it leaving your job? I’m considering resigning and I’m going through the fear of not being financially stable like I’ve been for so long in my life and there is a sense of loss... Ive always been ms independent... my hubby is supportive but I’m scared of changing the dynamic. But my job is stressing me out a lot right now.

I'm trying to get back to work, but I only want part-time  bc one thats all I can maybe handle, and two my kids are at home half the week with school. Its hard to find PT in my profession lately(and I cannot do zoom calls from home (small home, 2 teens at home, randomly barking dog...).

I can relate to being ms independent ..HATE being kept by my husband (he has never held it over me..its just me that has a problem with it..). Having to give up my position was so hard but I was literally non functional back then.

I need something again. I cannot be home another winter. Although symptoms still are an issue, I feel I'll lose my mind if I don't find purpose again or regain what was such a loss. That feeling that something is going in the right direction again after having the rug pulled out from underneath you!

And honestly its more my period weeks that have stopped me from working bc I don't know how to handle that week. The rest of the month is more manageable!

I think it also depends on what you do for work. Like for some reason I can handle being around people for the most part - but others cannot. ( I have other triggers..sheesh). And what time your work day/shift is. Like to be all dressed up makeup done by 8 am is a huge stretch for me right now.

I've done some side jobs all through this of and on ( painting, tiling, cleaning etc). But I'd like to use my degree again - I worked so hard for it!

Not sure if this helps or adds to your dilemma! hugs!

I miss the distraction of work and talking to other people tho! Easy to get stuck in symptoms at home so I think work is good if u can manage it x

I haven’t worked since 2015 when I got pregnant with my son. I was doing the stay at home mom thing, then I had a miscarriage in 2017 and benzos came into the picture. I’d love to be able to work again someday, but my field (geology) requires a lot of focus and I just can’t manage that right now.

Kits I’m so sorry about ur miscarriage x Benzos came in for me after we almost lost our son then he was diagnosed with autism. Wish there were better methods in place to help us women thru our difficult times. X u will get back to work when it’s the right time. Geology wow. What did u other ladies do or still do for work? I was a hairdresser but left to go into marketing and building websites... coding ect. Very boring but was thankful as it was school hours work x I’ll start looking for part time in new year

Trishy, hope things work out for your grand daughter.

Ginger, I wished I knew how to can. My garden is still full of green tomatoes and other veggies. Luckily there's no frost on the forecast for the next 3 weeks.

Trishy, hope things work out for your grand daughter.

Ginger, I wished I knew how to can. My garden is still full of green tomatoes and other veggies. Luckily there's no frost on the forecast for the next 3 weeks.

JWL,

You can teach yourself to can your garden bounty.  There must be You Tube videos, plus county extension agencies, or community colleges often hold classes.

My garden is done.  I dug the last of the potatoes.  Winter squashes are curing inside.  I still have to plant next years garlic this month.  I have lots of tomatoes ripening in flats in the house.  As much as I enjoy the garden, I look forward to having a break from it.  More time for reading in fall and winter.  Ginger

Oh Kits - sorry for your loss.... :(  Geology - how fascinating!

Shayna - I'm due for a haircut... ;)  To answer your question I was starting into doing therapy with kids. I won't go back to that. Its too hard on me emotionally (I have a problem not taking it home in my head and heart....). I had some really rough cases near the end. Right now I just want a basic social work job. I've worked with the elderly before and in medical settings, as well as home visitations. Also did work with at risk youth in inner city settings. The applications I've sent out are to long term care facilities and hospitals. The hospital offered me a full time but I kindly refused it. They said she'd keep me in mind for a PT. So fingers crossed.

Trying: may I ask what kind of work you do?

Well I’ll fly on over  :laugh: might take a while as there are no flights! I can understand how difficult that role must be, but incredible work helping people all the same. I think it would be difficult not to take it home. My friend works in aged care and goes in on her days off to take people for a walk. When u get back to it you will have even more strength behind you Trina xx good luck with Pt! Such a positive that you are looking forward xx 😘

Thanks ladies for all the responses, I’m so grateful for this site where I can talk to you about this. No one in our worlds understands how hard this is and the full impact on our lives, careers etc... I head up and IT department so you can imagine the stress, I have a team of 20 people and used to be such a good leader. Now I can’t drive my team and motivate others. My company wants me to function like how I did before this mess and I just can’t. They don’t understand how sick I am. I’ve been working from home since Covid, half the time I was just resting while on online mode... Now I have to  start going into the office, put on make-up, corporate clothes, be there at 8am, full day of meetings, run projects etc. :-(

Wow trying that is a very stressful role. You are amazing to go thru this and hold down that kind of job. Be so proud of yourself kits is right u are a warrior x

Jas, Ginger, Mary, DD,JWL,Tallgolfer,Kit thank you guys so much for your kind words and prayers. It's just about 8:00 am and I haven't heard anything yet from my daughter in how my granddaughter felt through the night. Hoping to get her results today.

I myself besides the worry and am still dealing with a lump in my neck that I sometimes think is getting smaller but I'm really not certain. If it has its very slight. What's driving me more crazy is the non painful clicking sensation on the right side of my throat when swallowing. It's so very weird. If I elongate my neck or in other words tilt my head upwards and swallow it doesn't happen 🤷 other wise it happens with every swallow of saliva or fluid??? So un nerving to say the least. I need an ENT Dr. I'm going to call this morning one my daughter in law tried to get for me. They were suppose to call me for information but they never did. So I'll call them! Uhggg I'm so tired of constant problems+ covid! I want to just scream. I desperately just want some peace as I'm sure a lot of you feel that way.

Ok well enough of me and my problems. I hope you all have a good day and I will post my granddaughters results when I know them. Praying so hard it's just allergies or a cold.

Love to all,

Trish ❤️

Trishy,

I'm sure today will bring good news about your granddaughter's test.  The vast majority of covid tests are negative.

I agree about getting that annoying clicking noise checked, but it is most likely something harmless.  Just getting things checked out can bring peace of mind and worth it for that alone.

I'm trying to keep my thoughts positive and not dwell on all that is going on.  Stut told me to watch my thoughts and she is right.  It requires constantly being aware of them. I practice over and over stopping thoughts of fear, worry or despair and affirming the opposite.

I have made a list of all things I want to address and made positive statements about them, and wrote them down.  These I say aloud twice a day and anytime I think of them. I'm trying hard to take back my power.

I hope for a better day for you Trishy and for all our friends here in LHSG. Ginger

Just an update! My granddaughter tested negative for covid! Thank God!! It's probably just allergies. It's that time of year here with the leaves falling and that farm trip we took for pumpkins. Thank God! And thank you guys for all the support.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

[b9...]