The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

hey everyone random question but since clonazepam is pretty long acting , after stablising on .25 mg should i alternate between .25 and .125 to get an inbetween dosage before finally going to .125 everyday ? like one day .25 next day .125 then next .25 and so on ..

Have a great weekend everyone

Blk, I know people that have done that and it worked well and others, it didn't.  I have never tried it, but have thought about it.  Research it as best you can and do what your gut tells you.  Good luck, let us know if you try!  Mary 🙋🏼💜🙏😷

Hey Mary that's exactly what I'm going to do I'll stick to .25 for now to get stable and research at the same time . Thanks Mary 🥰

Take it easy everyone ♥️

Blkhawk:

A drop of .25 to .125 of K is pretty big. I wouldn't suggest alternating; I think your brain will get confused that way, not sure of what to expect to reach stability. Most take it slower during the bottom part of their taper. I don't know if can cut pills smaller, get a gram scale, do liquid titration to make smaller cuts.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I know it is so hard during these times with so much going on in the world everywhere. Having a tough time again here ... it's the same stuff with my son still ... it's his birthday this week and he is not doing well, can barely eat. Will reach out to his GI again tomorrow. We are approaching the two year mark of him getting sick/my updose and very long hold and I am just so tired.

Good morning LHSG. This is my first post here and I don't know what exactly constitutes a long hold (I did a month long hold back in Nov/Dec, does that count?)  :laugh: :laugh: I see a lot of familiar faces here and lots of good support so I figured I'd jump in. I'm in a rough patch at the moment so I'm planning to do a longer hold at my current dose (1.7 mg V). At least a month. Mostly just looking for some hope because this is the worst batch of symptoms I've had since December and need some encouragement that this hold is a good choice. My doctor thinks I'm at a higher dose than I am, but encouraged me to hold my dose as much as I need especially because of the current world situation, so grateful for that. She also acknowledged that some people just need a longer time to get off benzos and commended me on getting where I am from 20 mg. I guess I have to celebrate the small (or big) victories where I can even when I feel like crap.

Hello everyone! Hope you all have a great Sunday!  ;D

Yoo hoo friend Ginger!  I'm looking for you 👀 I need your math skills! I was just looking at my sig and I want to know if my math is right  :idiot:

So I'm cutting my .25 pills by 1/8 ths so that means I have to cut 8 times to get rid of one .25 pill. So I cut at the end of may from 1 mg of Xanax an 1/8 th of the pill. Is my dosage now 0.875 ?? Or 0.96875  :idiot: :idiot:

Please help I'm a dumb ass  :laugh: :laugh:

Love Trishy, 💕💕💕💕

Trishy dear,

Each 1/8th of a .25 pill is 0.03125 so from 1 mg you are at 0.96875.  Another 1/8 pill cut will bring you down to 0.9375.  Does that help? G

Good morning LHSG. This is my first post here and I don't know what exactly constitutes a long hold (I did a month long hold back in Nov/Dec, does that count?)  :laugh: :laugh: I see a lot of familiar faces here and lots of good support so I figured I'd jump in. I'm in a rough patch at the moment so I'm planning to do a longer hold at my current dose (1.7 mg V). At least a month. Mostly just looking for some hope because this is the worst batch of symptoms I've had since December and need some encouragement that this hold is a good choice. My doctor thinks I'm at a higher dose than I am, but encouraged me to hold my dose as much as I need especially because of the current world situation, so grateful for that. She also acknowledged that some people just need a longer time to get off benzos and commended me on getting where I am from 20 mg. I guess I have to celebrate the small (or big) victories where I can even when I feel like crap.

Kitsune I'm so happy to see you here! People hold from one month to two years. Whatever it takes to feel more stable so that you can be functional while you taper. One month is not even a long hold. But it's up to you if a month is enough. Welcome to the LHSG 😘

hey everyone random question but since clonazepam is pretty long acting , after stablising on .25 mg should i alternate between .25 and .125 to get an inbetween dosage before finally going to .125 everyday ? like one day .25 next day .125 then next .25 and so on ..

Blk, I know people that have done that and it worked well and others, it didn't.  I have never tried it, but have thought about it.  Research it as best you can and do what your gut tells you.  Good luck, let us know if you try!  Mary 🙋🏼💜🙏😷

Hey Mary that's exactly what I'm going to do I'll stick to .25 for now to get stable and research at the same time . Thanks Mary 🥰

Take it easy everyone ♥️

Blkhawk:

A drop of .25 to .125 of K is pretty big. I wouldn't suggest alternating; I think your brain will get confused that way, not sure of what to expect to reach stability. Most take it slower during the bottom part of their taper. I don't know if can cut pills smaller, get a gram scale, do liquid titration to make smaller cuts.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I know it is so hard during these times with so much going on in the world everywhere. Having a tough time again here ... it's the same stuff with my son still ... it's his birthday this week and he is not doing well, can barely eat. Will reach out to his GI again tomorrow. We are approaching the two year mark of him getting sick/my updose and very long hold and I am just so tired.

Hey NJ, does medical M help you sleep? My doc offered to get me a card because of my fibro. I've been having some sleep issues as I get lower in my taper but not sure if I want to add to the mix. I'm already paranoid enough :)

Yoo hoo friend Ginger!  I'm looking for you 👀 I need your math skills! I was just looking at my sig and I want to know if my math is right  :idiot:

So I'm cutting my .25 pills by 1/8 ths so that means I have to cut 8 times to get rid of one .25 pill. So I cut at the end of may from 1 mg of Xanax an 1/8 th of the pill. Is my dosage now 0.875 ?? Or 0.96875  :idiot: :idiot:

Love Trishy, 💕💕💕💕

She is GM, please help her  :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry I was trying to quote NJStrengtn

JWL: I have found the medical marijuana to be of great help with sleep and nausea. The strain I just got (there is not a lot of choice in NJ and even less with COVID) is not working as well but I figured out if I mixed it with a different strain I had, it is now working well again for me. I use very high THC strains right before bed. Sometimes a high CBD strain during the day if I have a lot of nausea. I don't use a lot and don't ever really feel "high." I use an alcohol tincture so I don't smoke, I have asthma. I would say it's a lot of trial and error to find what works--I have strains that kept me up all night--but overall it definitely helps. I usually sleep well every night, have just had some blips the last two weeks but I think my anxiety ramping up due to some situational issues and of course this crazy world we are living in not. It is expensive but for me total cost with all in, the registration and needed doctor visits, probably is about $1000/year. And my sleep is definitely worth that.

Love Trishy, 💕💕💕💕

Trishy dear,

Each 1/8th of a .25 pill is 0.03125 so from 1 mg you are at 0.96875.  Another 1/8 pill cut will bring you down to 0.9375.  Does that help? G

Yes, it helps tremendously!!  :D Thank you Ginger I had it right the first time and I changed it  :idiot: I've got it now or should I say my calculator can take it from here  :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks again Ginger math wizard! 🧙‍♀️

😘💕

Love Trishy, 💕💕💕💕

Oh my God Mary I so am!  :2funny: :2funny:

Love Trishy, 💕💕💕💕

Oh my God Mary I so am!  :2funny: :2funny:

No you aren't.  I am not a math wizard either and I really believe benzo brain does not help the math situation  :laugh: :laugh:

Love Trishy, 💕💕💕💕

Trishy dear,

Yes, it helps tremendously!!  :D Thank you Ginger I had it right the first time and I changed it  :idiot: I've got it now or should I say my calculator can take it from here  :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks again Ginger math wizard! 🧙‍♀️

😘💕

Trishy,

You're very welcome.  I like to help.

Mary, I hope you don't have a day of noise tomorrow and that your headaches are going away.

I've had a few good days.  Better sleep, zero or mild wd sx and just in time for a week at the lake with my family next week.  It only took a 9 1/2 week hold. G

Take it easy everyone ♥️

Blkhawk:

Hey njstrength thanks for the suggestion I just updated back to .25 mg I should stabilise Ina few days ?

Thanks

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Now forgive me if l miss anyone it's not intentional.

Morning Ginger congratulations honey you are getting low woohoo 🎊👏. Just don't rush and hold as long as you need to.l know you have only a certain amount of benzo to work with however I think this is doable.Keep on plodding on my lovely you have got this.PS no it ain't benzo brain where my twiny is concerned 🤔😉. love you.X

Morning Twiny how is my wee dote doing?Awe l wish it were me 😃. When are you doing your cut my lovely?That sounds doable however do not rush the next cut.Palps are very common both with a taper and with anxiety.Try to keep the caffeine down if you can.Do it gradually as you can get withdrawal symptoms with caffeine very similar to benzo withdrawal.Keep well my lovely and look after my new great nephew.Will be back when l can.love you my lST.X

. Morning Kit welcome honey l am sorry you are struggling with the lower doses.l think l can safely say l have found them extremely tricky.At different level of suffering you might say.The only way l have been able to get down is by going extremely slowly and letting things cycle through during long holds.lt has been hard and many times l have even thought l can't do this however here l am and l am so glad l persevered.You have very good support so that's a bonus.Just be patient my lovely and let the withdrawal symptoms guide you.love you.X

Morning BLK this updose will take a while to help please try not to foretell how long it will take.l think it makes everything so much worse and can cause us to lose hope.This whole process takes as long as it takes no one can or should try to predict anything.l also would suggest you don't alternate your dose.l think it causes more problems moving forward.Just my view honey.love to you.X

Morning Suzy try not to worry pet l know you are thinking there is more to this than withdrawal sadly there isn't.The best any of us can do is try to find ways to get through each day.That will have to be enough for now.Remember to work on that damned anxiety.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary well Hen l really hope the noise doesn't start up today 😵.Get the earphones on and remember to breathe 😳.l am ok just the same as last week.Haven't made it to the beach can't get a day that isn't raining.Maybe this week.Just taking this day by day.The family are all well and the puppers are doing ok.My friends are struggling and my wee visitor is up and down.l must say she is a very strong little lady.l am ok not great but hanging in there.l hope my friend Tim is doing well? Give my Sly a buttpop from me.l will probably be on next week sometime.love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Nova my AS l really hope you turn a corner with a very long hold.Now l will say this l have watched you for years trying to get off this poison so this time I don't care your head falls off please continue to hold.You must give this the best chance possible.l really think it will help.love you my AS.X

Morning Troch just stay put until things settle.l know we all tend to get ahead of ourselves however it always bites us on the ass.Patience my lovely.love you.X

Morning GP sorry your suffering honey.lt will pass just hang in there.love you.X

. Morning Olive enjoy your break.You deserve it.love you.X

Morning NJ l am so sorry to read this.l really wish they could get your son's treatment right.l am not surprised your mood and anxiety is up this is such a struggle for you and your family

Let us know how your call to the doctor goes.love you.X

.To everyone else sending you my love.X

Morning Ginger congratulations honey you are getting low woohoo 🎊👏. Just don't rush and hold as long as you need to.l know you have only a certain amount of benzo to work with however I think this is doable.Keep on plodding on my lovely you have got this.PS no it ain't benzo brain where my twiny is concerned 🤔😉. love you.X

Morning Twiny how is my wee dote doing?Awe l wish it were me 😃. When are you doing your cut my lovely?That sounds doable however do not rush the next cut.Palps are very common both with a taper and with anxiety.Try to keep the caffeine down if you can.Do it gradually as you can get withdrawal symptoms with caffeine very similar to benzo withdrawal.Keep well my lovely and look after my new great nephew.Will be back when l can.love you my lST.X

. Morning Kit welcome honey l am sorry you are struggling with the lower doses.l think l can safely say l have found them extremely tricky.At different level of suffering you might say.The only way l have been able to get down is by going extremely slowly and letting things cycle through during long holds.lt has been hard and many times l have even thought l can't do this however here l am and l am so glad l persevered.You have very good support so that's a bonus.Just be patient my lovely and let the withdrawal symptoms guide you.love you.X

Morning BLK this updose will take a while to help please try not to foretell how long it will take.l think it makes everything so much worse and can cause us to lose hope.This whole process takes as long as it takes no one can or should try to predict anything.l also would suggest you don't alternate your dose.l think it causes more problems moving forward.Just my view honey.love to you.X

Morning Suzy try not to worry pet l know you are thinking there is more to this than withdrawal sadly there isn't.The best any of us can do is try to find ways to get through each day.That will have to be enough for now.Remember to work on that damned anxiety.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary well Hen l really hope the noise doesn't start up today 😵.Get the earphones on and remember to breathe 😳.l am ok just the same as last week.Haven't made it to the beach can't get a day that isn't raining.Maybe this week.Just taking this day by day.The family are all well and the puppers are doing ok.My friends are struggling and my wee visitor is up and down.l must say she is a very strong little lady.l am ok not great but hanging in there.l hope my friend Tim is doing well? Give my Sly a buttpop from me.l will probably be on next week sometime.love you my lady Mary HenX.

Morning Nova my AS l really hope you turn a corner with a very long hold.Now l will say this l have watched you for years trying to get off this poison so this time I don't care your head falls off please continue to hold.You must give this the best chance possible.l really think it will help.love you my AS.X

Morning Troch just stay put until things settle.l know we all tend to get ahead of ourselves however it always bites us on the ass.Patience my lovely.love you.X

Morning GP sorry your suffering honey.lt will pass just hang in there.love you.X

Morning NJ l am so sorry to read this.l really wish they could get your son's treatment right.l am not surprised your mood and anxiety is up this is such a struggle for you and your family

Good Morning AS  :hug:, And thank you for your advice sweetie  :-*

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Stut! Hahaaa! Idk. I have had anxiety my whole life. That is why i went on this crap. This is brutal. I know its a sx but mixed with my own anxiety its terrible. There have been times i have thought i cant make it and somehow made it. I was getting good with the anxiety and then i felt like i went back to square one. I even forgot my coping skills! Lol. The pandemic set me back. Getting back into the old routine and feeling better. So happy to hete from you and you are sounding better. Ly suzy

Well hello twin! 😁 It's always a nice surprise to see you've posted! It feels normal and nothing feels normal these days here in the US or in the world for that matter.

The wee dote is grand auntie Stut 🤗 I had the pleasure of a visit with him Saturday and Sunday!  :D he's already a heartbreaker, look out ladies of the future lol!

I can't wait for you to experience grandmotherhood, is that a word?🤔.. Anywho it's the best, however it comes with it's worries as well..

I'm so sorry you haven't gotten to the beach yet. I hope the weather turns around so you can go to your happy place. There is something very peaceful about being near to the water.

It's been brutally hot here with high heat and humidity, the pits of hell really 🔥🥵 I'm looking forward to fall weather already!

I'm not sure when I'll cut but I really want to get it done soon. I was thinking of Wednesday to take the plunge but if my anxiety is too high or if I don't feel up to it physically then I won't do it, too afraid to rock the benzo boat.

You take care of yourself, you and your little visitor. She's so very lucky to have you and your support.

Be well my dear friend, thinking of you everyday and you are always in my prayers. Love you much! LST ❤️

Hey NJ,

Nice to see a post from you but sad to hear that your son is still going through this sh*t. I'm sure you are ready to just pull your hair out, I would be. Stay strong and I will be sending up those prayers once again for your son. This is just awful that this poor young man has not gotten a real solution yet. ☹️

Stay strong my friend.

Trishy ❤️

Hey LHSG'ers,

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible in benzo prison. We do our best though don't we..

I'm not doing well mentally and it ain't wd people. I'm very happy about my new grandson, however this covid19 is beginning to stir up a lot of worry in me, especially when it comes to my grandkids going back to school and me babysitting the new little one. My brain has just latched onto all that can go wrong. I just have no answers or a plan as how to keep us all safe as a family. Also my daughter has to get a uterine biopsy on July 29th bc of uncontrollable heavy bleeding without an obvious cause. I'm just so wracked with worry that it's starting to depress me a little. I'm with you DD my coping skills have gone out into the wind! Also wanting to cut again soon comes with it's own worries. I'm worried to sit too long and I'm worried about any possible torture it might throw at me when I do cut.. uhggg 😔 is there ever a good time to cut? Idk 🤷

Sorry had no idea I was going to carry on like that. Just wanted to wish everyone a good day and all that came spilling out of me.

Be well my people, take care of yourselves and wear your masks 😷

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Hey LHSG'ers,

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible in benzo prison. We do our best though don't we..

I'm not doing well mentally and it ain't wd people. I'm very happy about my new grandson, however this covid19 is beginning to stir up a lot of worry in me, especially when it comes to my grandkids going back to school and me babysitting the new little one. My brain has just latched onto all that can go wrong. I just have no answers or a plan as how to keep us all safe as a family. Also my daughter has to get a uterine biopsy on July 29th bc of uncontrollable heavy bleeding without an obvious cause. I'm just so wracked with worry that it's starting to depress me a little. I'm with you DD my coping skills have gone out into the wind! Also wanting to cut again soon comes with it's own worries. I'm worried to sit too long and I'm worried about any possible torture it might throw at me when I do cut.. uhggg 😔 is there ever a good time to cut? Idk 🤷

Sorry had no idea I was going to carry on like that. Just wanted to wish everyone a good day and all that came spilling out of me.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Hi Trishy,  :hug: what your going through now even without Benzo withdrawal is NORMAL sweetie, a new life, lots of crap going on on the world, its going to make you over think more about what can go wrong than right its being  part of protective of those you love, its also  part of what makes us human even without getting drug bashed it happens  :) My kid Sister had what your daughter has got really badly, to the point the loss of blood was dangerous all the time, but it was Fibriods and they were large ones, its not life threatening or anything but it can make you feel ill or uncomfortable yet other people have no problems all with them , and go forever qithout them being a problem 

A known cause of Fibroids is low Iodine , I kept telling my sister to ask her Dr to test her Iodine levels but what the eff do i know? was the reply. Quite a bit  actually if she'd listened to me but she didn't and the Surgeon told her they were best left alone after her biopsy,  many more year's of bleeding, cause still unknown???( still refused to have her iodine checked as ''I'm not a Dr'' ::))  until in the end she couldn't take it no more and had a hysterectomy. 

I swear to God I wish she's listened and had her iodine levels checked out,  sometimes the answer to the worst of things is a very simple non drug non operational solution, and often its something common most people have in their cupboard. I hope your daughter is going to be OK too, but I would definitely get her iodine levels checked out as well as the biopsy. 

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten:

Oh tt,

It's ok. I understand. I'm tryi g to remember my coping skills. I feel like I'm back to square one. There just so much going on in the world and bwd its overwhelming. I guess we have to think about what we can control. Challenge our anxious thoughts and try not to catastrophize. That does sound like fibroids. My mother had that. 8m sorry you are so upset. Just remember this to shall pass. I understand the cuts. Just make sure your head is in a somewhat good space, brush up on your coping skills, take walks, shop, deep breathing. It's going to be ok.

Hey LHSG'ers,

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Hi Trishy,  :hug: what your going through now even without Benzo withdrawal is NORMAL sweetie, a new life, lots of crap going on on the world, its going to make you over think more about what can go wrong than right its being  part of protective of those you love, its also  part of what makes us human even without getting drug bashed it happens  :) My kid Sister had what your daughter has got really badly, to the point the loss of blood was dangerous all the time, but it was Fibriods and they were large ones, its not life threatening or anything but it can make you feel ill or uncomfortable yet other people have no problems all with them , and go forever qithout them being a problem 

A known cause of Fibroids is low Iodine , I kept telling my sister to ask her Dr to test her Iodine levels but what the eff do i know? was the reply. Quite a bit  actually if she'd listened to me but she didn't and the Surgeon told her they were best left alone after her biopsy,  many more year's of bleeding, cause still unknown???( still refused to have her iodine checked as ''I'm not a Dr'' ::))  until in the end she couldn't take it no more and had a hysterectomy. 

I swear to God I wish she's listened and had her iodine levels checked out,  sometimes the answer to the worst of things is a very simple non drug non operational solution, and often its something common most people have in their cupboard. I hope your daughter is going to be OK too, but I would definitely get her iodine levels checked out as well as the biopsy. 

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten:

Aww thanks Nova, for the support , so appreciate it.  I'm glad you're hanging around again, it's so nice to have you back here posting on the Lhsg.  :smitten: :smitten:

So my daughter was already checked for fibroids by ultrasound, there were none so that's why I'm really concerned. It was my first thought when her bleeding wouldn't let up. I have them but they are very small and never caused me a problem. So I was really hoping that that's all it was, but nope :-\

I just pray it's nothing serious. Her uterine biopsy is on the 29th 🙏🏻 🙄

Be well my friend..

Lots of love,

Trishy❤️❤️

Oh tt,

It's ok. I understand. I'm tryi g to remember my coping skills. I feel like I'm back to square one. There just so much going on in the world and bwd its overwhelming. I guess we have to think about what we can control. Challenge our anxious thoughts and try not to catastrophize. That does sound like fibroids. My mother had that. 8m sorry you are so upset. Just remember this to shall pass. I understand the cuts. Just make sure your head is in a somewhat good space, brush up on your coping skills, take walks, shop, deep breathing. It's going to be ok.

Hey DD,

Oh how I wish she did have fibroids, they ruled that out with ultrasound. Who knows what's going on with her but I'll worry until she has the biopsy.. Wish I didn't worry so much.  :(

You're absolutely right it's square one again with the coping skills..I have to put more effort into how I used to distract. I need to keep my mind busy on other things and try not to catastrophize like you said.

Thanks for the advice girlfriend  :smitten: :smitten:

Oh tt,

I know. I worry too. Let us know. I bet it is nothing serious. Try to rest. Watch a movie, take a bath. Ly too ❤❤🙏

Oh tt,

I know. I worry too. Let us know. I bet it is nothing serious. Try to rest. Watch a movie, take a bath. Ly too ❤❤🙏

I will DD and thanks  :mybuddy:

Ly, 💕💕

[19...]