The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Mary, what year did you start your taper?

4/2017, started Ashton 8/2017 , started dlmt I think around 3/2018 (that one is iffy, but my best guess).  100 years ago  :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Mary, what year did you start your taper?

4/2017, started Ashton 8/2017 , started dlmt I think around 3/2018 (that one is iffy, but my best guess).  100 years ago  :laugh: :laugh:

100 yrs ago 😂😂.. Ok I was just curious 🤔

Going to watch Game of Thrones

Sleep well you guys, love all......

Mary.    🌺

Night Mary and everyone,

Love to all,

Trish❤️

Chopped Liver, How are you today? Lol!  You know we Love you, Oh Great Purple-Haired One! xxx 💙

English!!  You sound so much better girlfriend, how are you?  My back is easing off some after pulling on the mattresses, thank goodness.  Can't said I was dumb :laugh: :laugh:

Ummm.. -Cant said what..??!!

-Proof please.. -Then you can throw the dungeon key away.. 

:)

Chopped Liver, How are you today? Lol!  You know we Love you, Oh Great Purple-Haired One! xxx 💙

English!!  You sound so much better girlfriend, how are you?  My back is easing off some after pulling on the mattresses, thank goodness.  Can't said I was dumb :laugh: :laugh:

For the mattress stunt, didn't you ? 

Good morning chopped liver and everyone :laugh: :laugh:

Back to work for me today, bringing my lingering cough with me 😔

Hope you all have a good day today, see you all here later I hope.

Peace and healing.

Love to all,

Trish ❤️

Damn, I really wanted the dungeon 🔑, but it was me that called myself dumb and B3 that implied it.  Sorry, I could have sworn it was you just picking on me.  I apologize sir.  :(

Damn, I really wanted the dungeon 🔑, but it was me that called myself dumb and B3 that implied it.  Sorry, I could have sworn it was you just picking on me.  I apologize sir.  :(

phew.. -Im not going mad... Thanks lol... 

Now the key please...

Hope you are improving..

-Quiet night for me...

Trish, have a good day, I hope its not a big struggle...

Hi to All..

Now the key please...

Hope you are improving..

-Quiet night for me...

Hi to All..

I have to give the key back :D.?  I hope by quiet, it means you slept well  :smitten:

Now the key please...

Hope you are improving..

-Quiet night for me...

Hi to All..

I have to give the key back :D.?  I hope by quiet, it means you slept well  :smitten:

More that im about to sleep well.. :) -Worn out...

Now the key please...

Hope you are improving..

-Quiet night for me...

Hi to All..

More that im about to sleep well.. :) -Worn out...

Hope you sleep well then. ;).  You are a nice guy  :)

Hi I’m new to BB.  I’m having a hard time navigating the site!!  Ive gone fro 3.5 mg of Ativan, for 15 yrs for insomnia, took Levaquin for a sinus infection , went into acute w.  In the last yr since that I went to rapid detox only to go back to acute.  Started on Valium 48 mg daily for 4 months.  Rapid detox again.  1 month off of benzos.  Zero sleep for 21 days.  So sick.  Gave in on day  22 went on 35 mg of Librium to be able to function again.  Now feeling sick off and on. Prob tolerance withdrawal.  Do I start a 5 per cent taper, do I wait???  Do I go up on a higher dose to become more stable and then start a taper??? Idk the difference between holding, and tolerance withdrawal. If I’m having tolerance w, how does holding further help????    So confused.  Anyone have any advise?? My doctor doesn’t.Thank u

Hi I’m new to BB.  I’m having a hard time navigating the site!!  Ive gone fro 3.5 mg of Ativan, for 15 yrs for insomnia, took Levaquin for a sinus infection , went into acute w.  In the last yr since that I went to rapid detox only to go back to acute.  Started on Valium 48 mg daily for 4 months.  Rapid detox again.  1 month off of benzos.  Zero sleep for 21 days.  So sick.  Gave in on day  22 went on 35 mg of Librium to be able to function again.  Now feeling sick off and on. Prob tolerance withdrawal.  Do I start a 5 per cent taper, do I wait???  Do I go up on a higher dose to become more stable and then start a taper??? Idk the difference between holding, and tolerance withdrawal. If I’m having tolerance w, how does holding further help????    So confused.  Anyone have any advise?? My doctor doesn’t.Thank u

Hi CM, I am no expert and you have had a lot going on here. Your central nervous system and brain really need to be stabilized.  I don't think you are in tolerance.  I think you have just jumped without holding between benzo's until your system is just on overload.  IMO, you should hold, and it will it will probably be a longer hold than you are expecting.  You need to stabilize before you do anything else.  Stabilize doesn't mean no symptoms, it means they are at least close to tolerable.  Once that happens, you can be looking for a way to begin again.  Do a lot of reading on this sight, read the Ashton manual, ask questions. There are more ways to taper than most people know about, so read and ask questions until you find the one that feels right to you.  The Home Page is ful of different threads about all things Withdrawal.  Good luck, we are here.  Mary ☮️🙏💜

Morning English and Tilly 🐱🐾🐾🐾

Esperanza, my sweet hillbilly cousin, 💜😈☮️

Bill, hope you are still in that window :D

T, hope you are feeling okay  :)

Stut, hope your beach trip went well and you feel so much better.  I miss you , your Lady Mary 🐕🐱🐶🐾🐾🐾🐾😈☮️

MiYu, hope you are ok and check in soon ;)

It's storming and I am going to be off to take a nap soon

Intend, what's up with you woman? 🌹🌹🌹

Hope your day is a good one !!      Mary ☮️🙏💜

Hi CM,

It looks like you’ve had a lot of changes and on and off different drugs recently and you were on Ativan quite a while before the cuts.  In my opinion, your nervous system is likely destabilized by all this activity  and the best thing to do would be to hold all medications at stable doses until you feel better.  From what I’ve read and my own experience it could take a while, like a few months before things gradually get better.  It could be faster for you, but you advice would be to hold and be very patient and avoid any changes to medications.  This gives your brain a chance to heal, adapt and get better.  Almost everyone gets better when holding, if they are patient enough.

This is just my opinion, I am not a doctor or expert and I don’t have a full understanding of your history.

Hi Mary. I'm still in a wave. Chemist didn't have the drug I needed (generic) so I'm trying yet another one now. Hoping this one might be nearer to my usual one. Hope your back is better, you goose.

Lots of Love.  English xxx

Hello everyone. Welcome CMul. xxx

Hello everyone,

I had a nice period of windows last week, then this weekend I had several more symptomatic days.  The worst of it the last few days was depression especially in the mornings.  This seems to be lifting thankfully but I’m now having sore eyes and tiredness. The roller coaster continues.  I am blessed to remain functional so I can work, but not comfortable.  I continue holding my dose.

It sounds like a few folks here had maybe some anhedonia recently?  Another terrible thing these drugs do, I don’t think I’ve experienced that, just the feelings of depression and hopelessness.  I hate it, but knowing it is just withdrawal symptoms, it will pass.  Someday we will feel normal and the joy will be incredible.

Hang in folks!

Bill

Hello my friends here.

I am in a pickle again. Not sure what is best. I have been holding for about 5 weeks on 2mgs Valium, and the last couple of days thought it best I try to move down a little. All I have cut is .01mgs for 2 days and I don't know if that has made me so bad or just the state I am in. I am so filled with fear and terror. It was anxiety that  started me on Valium, and it never worked, not at 4mgs and I have been trying to get off it for so many months now. I feel I have to come off it as I am not use on it, but now I am scared. Do I go back to 2mgs or what do I do, I need so much to be off this drug for my sanity, yet trying to get it down even a tad is pushing me to be worse , it that is possible. It could just be my imagination doing this as surely  I would not be this bad from such a tiny reduction.

My sister and my psychiatrist think it is my anxiety and it's me ramping it up. I don't know what to do as I have never had any time when ok on Valium, Terrified what to do.

Think I need a hug and an it will be ok, I so want to be free and my anxiety and fear wont let me.

Hi Mary. I'm still in a wave. Chemist didn't have the drug I needed (generic) so I'm trying yet another one now. Hoping this one might be nearer to my usual one. Hope your back is better, you goose.

Lots of Love.  English xxx

Hello everyone. Welcome CMul. xxx

Sorry you feel bad my English buddy, hope this med works.  Need that humor back.  Love you and Tilly 🐱🐾🐾🐾.        💜🙏☮️💜🙏☮️    Chopped Liver :)

Hello everyone,

I had a nice period of windows last week, then this weekend I had several more symptomatic days.  The worst of it the last few days was depression especially in the mornings.  This seems to be lifting thankfully but I’m now having sore eyes and tiredness. The roller coaster continues.  I am blessed to remain functional so I can work, but not comfortable.  I continue holding my dose.

It sounds like a few folks here had maybe some anhedonia recently?  Another terrible thing these drugs do, I don’t think I’ve experienced that, just the feelings of depression and hopelessness.  I hate it, but knowing it is just withdrawal symptoms, it will pass.  Someday we will feel normal and the joy will be incredible.

Hang in folks!

Bill

Very wise post Bill, love Mary 💜☮️🙏💜☮️🙏

Welcom, CM. My cousin Mary gave you good advice. I have been there and I know you are hurting. It will settle and become much more bearable. Hang on. Chin, it is hard to tell what a cut does when you never get much relief. At least, it is for me. You can have days that are a little worse, even when holding. Don’t panic and don’t let your psychiatrist tell you what you are or how you feel. That is just my feeling about my own doctor. I shouldn’t presume you are equally disappointed in your doctor. I just threw that in, just in case you might be having doubts. Mary, don’t pick up anything bigger than a Kleenex box. For at least a few weeks. Love, Espy

Thank you Esperanza

I am not sure what to do tonight. I have my liquid mixed ready as I take a divided dose. It could just be a bad day or that I have swopped to a water titration from just my tablet. It could be my own fear of the drug and cutting. I don't know, but I have tried 3 different methods now trying to drop a tiny bit from 2 mgs. I am sure my brain must be getting confused. Anxiety being the reason I started the  valium, which has not worked, now I have dependance to add in. I am at a loss. All I know is it has to go. but being this terrified is unbearable. How are you and how did you manage. I know it has taken you a long time and I dont mind that. I just want to get this right and get off valium. and not live in terror for ever, which is what I fear  the most if I try to remove it and in this state.

It really is so very kind of you to answer .I am in such a bad way today,

Hi Chinchuck. I can also feel bad if I cut as little as 0.01mg. Just to let you know that you're not the only one.

Out of interest, did you give your body time to get used to being on the liquid before you cut down? It is an adjustment that the body needs to process before you start cutting.    Hugs.  Gilly xxx

[7d...]