Author Topic: The Long Hold Support Group  (Read 935819 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Long Hold Support Group
« Reply #50020 on: September 14, 2021, 05:40:27 pm »
So glad you are doing well [...] and that your Paxil taper [...] moving along slowly.  Pretty soon you will be free of that med as well. 

For everyone on this thread, it can be hard to believe that you will [...] off but you will.  The fear used to cause me to focus on the what could [...] wrong with either the med distribution, or the accurate weighing of the pills or how often to taper.  And because my brain was injured from the medication, it makes sense that that kind of rumination would happen.  It's not  our fault or due to some character flaw-it's the medication. 

Like [...] says, try not to let the med [...] the upper hand or hang out on threads where there [...] a lot of focus on "what could [...] wrong". Tapering [...] hard enough without obsessing on the horror of it, which [...] different than having a thread where you can share pain and fear. In my opinion, the space to feel those feelings [...] important along with receiving encouragement.

My goal was to be stable enough to keep going and stable meant, tolerable. I've mentioned before I used a rating scale of 1-10.  If I was in the 5,6,7 zone, it meant I was uncomfortable but could tolerate tapering. If I was a 8,9, or 10, I held until I got back to a 6 or 7. 

Wishing everyone a decent day today.

This [...] a great post. Thank you so much!

:)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #50021 on: September 15, 2021, 03:00:08 am »
Hi All-

I am back looking for support that I am not so bad I won't recover. After trying a rescue dose and then a few weeks later dose correcting my micro taper back 14 days it brought on a lot of adrenaline and stimulation but also much more fatigue. I have barely lift my head off the bed and only making it to the restroom. Family [...] bringing me food. I am just so weak and my bones feel crushed as if someone ran them over. POTS [...] very bad and just standing [...] very difficult like I will pass out along with extreme electricity type feels no when upright. Has anyon crashed this hard and still stabilized. I worry 2mg isn't enough but I can't up dose the med [...] stimulating.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #50022 on: September 23, 2021, 01:44:54 am »
[...] there anyone who got in a bad spot and started waking to adrenaline every 1.5-2 hours through the night and a long hold resolved this?

Thank you for any shared experience. I am becoming tired and weary. [...] everyone [...] comfortable this evening.

[Buddie]

« Reply #50023 on: September 23, 2021, 06:45:56 pm »
Hi,

I had adrenaline surges when I tried to sleep for a long time. 

I posted this in my most recent update in Benzo Celebrations. 

"I do drink an Adrenal Cocktail, 1/2 cup natural OJ, 1/4 tsp Himalayan [...] Salt and 1/4 tsp of creme of tartar to support my adrenals.  I drink it as needed but when I was in withdrawal and too revved up to relax at night, I drank it 2x a day at 10AM and 2PM. In about 10 days the hyper[...] subsided and I started to sleep better, which at that time was about 3-5 hours a night with many nights of little sleep.  There are versions of this cocktail that use other liquids if you can't handle OJ".

I was told, again from a peer support group, that the salt, Vitamin C and potassium, support the adrenals.  It was easier for me to drink the cocktail than figure out the separate supplements. 

I also used a sleep mask and kept the room very dark. 

It's unfair what these meds put us through.  I [...] things start to settle down for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #50024 on: September 23, 2021, 10:46:55 pm »
Hi,

I had adrenaline surges when I tried to sleep for a long time. 

I posted this in my most recent update in Benzo Celebrations. 

"I do drink an Adrenal Cocktail, 1/2 cup natural OJ, 1/4 tsp Himalayan [...] Salt and 1/4 tsp of creme of tartar to support my adrenals.  I drink it as needed but when I was in withdrawal and too revved up to relax at night, I drank it 2x a day at 10AM and 2PM. In about 10 days the hyper[...] subsided and I started to sleep better, which at that time was about 3-5 hours a night with many nights of little sleep.  There are versions of this cocktail that use other liquids if you can't handle OJ".

I was told, again from a peer support group, that the salt, Vitamin C and potassium, support the adrenals.  It was easier for me to drink the cocktail than figure out the separate supplements. 

I also used a sleep mask and kept the room very dark. 

It's unfair what these meds put us through.  I [...] things start to settle down for you.

Thank you! I have tried the adrenal cocktail so many times and canít handle the sugar and salt concentration.

[Buddie]

« Reply #50025 on: October 24, 2021, 06:00:53 am »
Guys I been holding nearly 3 months now and feel a LOT worse , anyone feel better after making a cut after a hold?

[...]  :smitten: