Author Topic: The Long Hold Support Group  (Read 773291 times)

[Buddie]

Re: The Long Hold Support Group
« Reply #47830 on: August 04, 2020, 06:42:40 pm »
Thanks [...] [...].
And now you are off, look at you! So inspiring.

It [...] mostly fatigue. My sister [...] here and it [...] helping the mood a lot.

So glad your sis [...] there!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #47831 on: August 04, 2020, 07:13:53 pm »
My cog fog (from my tooth infection) [...] finally gone. This confirms for me that any kind of stress to our bodies, whether it's infection, inflammation, or metal stress, can send us into waves. That's why it was so important to me to address my many health problems before I tackle my last 1 mg.

[...], I'm glad your sister [...] there to help you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #47832 on: August 04, 2020, 09:04:33 pm »
Hi [...] [...] - before your 1.5 year hold at 2mg, your signature seems to indicate you did a fast taper.  Was that a micro?  Or a direct cut and hold?  Since we are a “long hold” group and we all have our different tapering techniques, consensus being slow and steady with holds in between, I am curious as to what kind of taper you did.  I’m having a bit of the mental “hurry up’s” today.   And it always happens when I feel like shit. When I started tapering I did a direct dry cut and hold .5mg every 2 weeks (standard Ashton protocol) and it worked fine but then I think it caught up to me when I hit 5mg.  Held for 5 months then tried to start same tapering method again.  Boy that didn’t work.  Now I’m micro but holding cause of mental and emotional stress. Ive learned that any time a stressful life event happens I hold. So what was your tapering method? 

LY ❤️
Meems

[Buddie]

« Reply #47833 on: August 04, 2020, 09:27:51 pm »
Hello everyone,
We got hit hard with that tropical storm. It was very scary for a time. I don't have power and trees are down everywhere. For some reason I don't have internet either. I'm only able to post this bc Rich and I just [...] the house to go [...] take out for dinner. It looks like a warzone here 🤦‍♀️
Anywho, [...] to hop in tomorrow.
Be well my people ✌️❤️
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #47834 on: August 04, 2020, 09:52:19 pm »
Hello everyone,
We got hit hard with that tropical storm. It was very scary for a time. I don't have power and trees are down everywhere. For some reason I don't have internet either. I'm only able to post this bc Rich and I just [...] the house to go [...] take out for dinner. It looks like a warzone here 🤦‍♀️
Be well my people ✌️❤️
[...]

Wow girlfriend, I just saw it on the news.   free got hit hard too, and I am afraid it will hit Becks too.
Glad you are okay, [...] nothing happened to the house.   Love you [...], 🙋🏼🙏😷😘🙋🏼♥️🙏😷😘

[Buddie]

« Reply #47835 on: August 04, 2020, 09:58:41 pm »
Omg wow [...].  Be safe! 

[Buddie]

« Reply #47836 on: August 05, 2020, 12:38:04 am »
Hello everyone,
Be well my people ✌️❤️
[...]

[...],

I've been thinking about you all day, wondering if the storm would hit your area badly.  It sounds like it did.  I'm relieved you are safe.  I [...] your power [...] soon restored.  I was without power for nine days five years ago due to a bad windstorm.  Not fun.  Take care. G

[Buddie]

« Reply #47837 on: August 05, 2020, 12:02:23 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just popped in to wish you all a better day.

The wave that hit me, [...] as suddenly as it came! Feeling a lot better again. Still have plenty of physical issues, but  am trying not to let them [...] me down too much. I go for a bike ride most days. Trying not to overdo it. It's the same as with tapering: take it slowly.

[...] we may all enjoy today!

[Buddie]

« Reply #47838 on: August 05, 2020, 05:22:19 pm »
Hello everyone,
Be well my people ✌️❤️
[...]

Wow [...], I'm grad you are [...]!! My friend's parents got hit as well, they hid in the bathroom during it. Apparently the house [...] [...] but the entire yard with huge trees was flattened. That and the Beirut explosion made for some nail biting news yesterday. Love you girl!

Troch, glad you are[...] better!

Meems, my taper was alllll over the place! It looks nice and concise when I write it down but there were a couple of years prior to that that were a complete mess. Once I got my new Dr I got on a much better schedule. I basically held until I felt 'not awful' and then tapered again, dry cutting. I got no time for scales! My 'long' holds were usually about a month, I didn't really understand the long hold until I did the year and a half one. Girl, I completely understand the hurry! I wanted off SO bad, and it didn't help that my boyfriend at the time had gone thought benzo w/d, only he was only on them for a month and so he took a month to withdrawal and another month or so of[...] like crap and then he was back to his normal life. So of course he thought that's how everyone did it, and he thought BenzoBuddies was a bad influence, and he thought I was 'dragging it out'. So his rush for me to [...] off turned into my rush, and failure. When I finally [...] him [...] when I did the long hold. Thank god.

[...] all, gotta [...] to work. (Which just means switching tabs  :laugh:)

Love yous!

[Buddie]

« Reply #47839 on: August 05, 2020, 05:30:44 pm »
Hey [...], Meems and [...],
We made it out alive ;) but man it was fast and furious!! 3 big trees fell in the woods that border my house, very scary😱 and it was loud!  We really took a beating from it. A lot of damage in CT. Trees down everywhere!  Finally got the power back on this morning at about 10:00 so I'm very[...] about that. I did have to throw out from my fridge but who needed that last piece of chocolate cream pie anyway 😏
So it's clean up day! I spent most of today cleaning the inside of my house, yes inside! Leaves everywhere!! Rich and I were tracking them in from the yard last night. We were trying to [...] all the branches and leaves that fell out of the pool. It looks like it snowed leaves in my yard :D it's going to take a few days to clean up the yard, yay fun 😒
So I [...] you guys are doing [...], I'm just dandy :thumbsup:  ;)
Love you guys,
[...]🙋‍♀️❤️✌🏻