People suffering with Anhedonia

[Da...]

Just wondering if there are some more people here suffering from anhedonia? I have suffered with it non-stop since my cold turkey over a year ago. I'm just curious if there are others suffering with it also? Has anyone recovered from having this terrible affliction or knew others that recovered? Thank you

Dave

I've got it, anhedonia.  I don't know what to do to make it go away?  If I didn't have so much external stress and responsibility on me and things going wrong, I could relax a bit and enjoy something.  I've just got so much going on all the time and I'm so sick and damaged from these pills.  I used to be able to take care of all my responsibilities here and enjoy visiting with friends, etc.  Now I can't.

I've been having this sx for the last few months. I don't know what to do about it. I feel I have a lot of circular thoughts which makes it impossible to get out of this

Thank you for replying. I am sorry to here you both are struggling with this too but it is nice to hear from others going through the same things. I have heard of people getting this as a result of coming off prescription meds and illegal drugs. It would be great to hear from someone who has recovered from total anhedonia. I'm going on over a year now and without any Windows it is really starting to feel permanent. I have heard that some have gotten better after a couple of years with it so I am holding out hope for all of us. I'm sure we would like to hear of success stories from it so if anyone could chime in with any it would be much appreciated. We might need to go to the protracted board and check in with some of those folks to find some recovered stories

Dave 

• 5 years later...

Not much with anhedonia in the support forums. Why is that?

I didn't think it was an uncommon symptom.

Second question. Did anyone get anhedonia from reinstatement or an immediate adverse reaction to taking medication?

I have bad anhedonia now.  LOGS, can you add a signature too like many of us to see which meds you're on and if you're tapering, etc?

Yeah my best feeling is neutral. It's like the new happy. Are you able to get into things. I can't relate to characters and hobbies seem pointless.