The Night Sweaters Club

[li...]

Night sweats are a real pain, especially when they are followed by a racing heart, a middle of the night panic attack or waking up in the morning drenched, panicking and totally confused. Sometimes they are caused by bad dreams, night terrors or your subconscious mind from things that happen during the day. Also, your cortisol level is higher in the early a.m. hours that can cause your stress to go up even when you are still asleep. Vent here with your stories.  >:D

If I try to sleep without the aids of Ambien or Xanax, or try to use Benadryl in their place, l I wake up drenched in sweat. I grade my night by how wet my t-shirt is. On a good night, it will be moist around the collar. On a bad night, then entire shirt will be wet and the sheets will be damp.

When this first occurred, I would wake up and anxiety would flow through my body. I feared I was suffering the early symptoms of Lymphoma. Following a visit to my Family Doctor, he incorrectly diagnosed me with high blood pressure and was confident that, for some reason, my BP was spiking while sleeping and thus inducing night sweats. Only later did I realize my system was likely suffering the delayed effects of decreasing dosages.

But, yeah, they suck. There is just something alarming to your system waking up in sweat.

I AM At 23 months CT and night sweats and insomnia are my worst problems. i sleep in the nude with a ceiling fan on. I am drenched in sweat multiple times during the night.

I could handle the night sweats if it weren't for the toxic smell left by the sweat. It makes me want to gag. My feet are horrible. I have already bought 2 new pairs of shoes because of the sweaty feet. Don't get me started on the sweaty palms. I can't shake anybody's hand because my hands are too freaking wet.

I could handle the night sweats if it weren't for the toxic smell left by the sweat. It makes me want to gag. My feet are horrible. I have already bought 2 new pairs of shoes because of the sweaty feet. Don't get me started on the sweaty palms. I can't shake anybody's hand because my hands are too freaking wet.

Just try and be around me when I pass, uhmm, gas. The old saying, silent but deadly. :laugh:

Just wanted to offer some second-hand encouragement. Drenching sweats were a big problem for my wife when she was finishing her Xanax taper last year, but they are pretty much completely gone.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Almost 4 years out and I still have constant night sweating. Up every 1.5 hr with cortisone rush and sweating and anxiety. Then not able to go back to sleep for hrs ... sooo tired

• 2 months later...

I was in benzos for 18 years until i stopped a year ago c/t, I didn't know the consequences.

Many symptoms have already disappeared or diminished by this time, BUT there is one that torments me every night. I wake up 2-4 times every single night after a nightmare and a vivid / agonizing dream and I'm soaked in sweat, pajamas, underwear, sheets, while my head is heavy and I only start to get better at noon.

It is impossible that this is a sign that I am healing because I have it since the first day of the c/t, 15 months EVERY night.

Given that I am depressed and being treated with a/d and this situation makes me even worse. I don't want to go to sleep anymore ...

• 3 weeks later...

I was in benzos for 18 years until i stopped a year ago c/t, I didn't know the consequences.

Many symptoms have already disappeared or diminished by this time, BUT there is one that torments me every night. I wake up 2-4 times every single night after a nightmare and a vivid / agonizing dream and I'm soaked in sweat, pajamas, underwear, sheets, while my head is heavy and I only start to get better at noon.

It is impossible that this is a sign that I am healing because I have it since the first day of the c/t, 15 months EVERY night.

Given that I am depressed and being treated with a/d and this situation makes me even worse. I don't want to go to sleep anymore ...

sweating is common with anti depressants

sweating is common with anti depressants

I didn't have such problem before c/t benzos, I was and I still am on a/d