tapered to .375 clonazepam

[...]

Hi,

I'm KT. I was on 2 mg klonopin daily for 14 years. Four months ago I realized I needed to get off the poison. I'm down to .375 mg clonazepam daily now. I'm doing a direct taper with the help of a kind and supportive shrink. He prescribed .125 mg klonopin for me, but it turns out that only .125 clonazepam is manufactured now. I was able to switch to clonazepam from brand-name klonopin easily, to my surprise. Now I'm stuck at .375 mg clonazepam. My adrenals are exhausted. I'm depressed, anxious, and the loneliness is perhaps the worst of all. I'm being treated for adrenal fatigue by a wonderful endo. I'm in healing crisis due to both benzo withdrawal and starting to repair my tired adrenals. I want to be completely off the clonazepam!!! .375 mg seems like an enormous dose. I want my life back.

KT

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Pa...]

• [ad...]

• [Sh...]

Hello KT, Welcome to Benzobuddies!!

I picked up on the fact that you're lonely, this is an incredibly lonely time.  Not many people understand this process, so we reach out to each other.  You've come to the right place, we can help you get off of the last of the poison.

You've done a great job of getting off of the Klonopin, not much more to go!  Please make yourself at home, we're here to help.

Pam

Hey KT,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.  :)

I did a dry taper from 2mg of clonazepam as well.  It may not feel like it, but you're so close to the finish line!    :thumbsup:

Let us know how we can help you!

Phyllis  :smitten:

Hi KT,

I am on clonazepam too..was on 2mg and now tapered down to .625mg. I usually just state Klonopin because its more recognizable. How often are you cutting? I was cutting .125mg every 10 days or less when I feel I can deal with it okay. Your not alone and I understand feeling depleted and alone. Some days are fine for me and others I just crash. Hope you find the support you need here. Lots of understanding & caring folks here:)

Best wishes,

XXXXXXX :smitten:

Thank you everyone!

I'm sitting here crying and reading your loving replies. My story by the date-foggy numbers: I started on 2 mg klonopin 14 years ago for anxiety. Rarely I got up as high as 4-6 mg daily, but 2 mg was the absolute addiction number. I never had to taper from 4-6 mg. When I decided to taper about 4 months ago, I went directly from 2 mg to 1 mg. That wasn't pleasant. Since then I've been tapering down by .125 mg approx. every two weeks. I've gotten as low as .25, but haven't been able to sustain there.  I feel completely stuck at .375. Even so, if I can hold on I want to try the taper down to .25 again soon and stay there for two weeks; then do the last two tapers over the period of another month. My intuitions tell me that the depression will remain for as long as I'm on this c**p, and the sooner I'm off it the better. Perhaps the worst of it has been the surfacing of the drugged emotions that have been stuffed for so long. Easy to be a social isolate when you're too drugged to care.

The depression is unreal. (I've talked to my shrink about it, and he's a great guy. He doesn't want to put me on an antidepressant--thank God--as I'm also on bio-identical hormones for adrenal fatigue and he wants to see what the hormones do. I'm determined to gut this out without additional meds anyway.

I'm relieved to hear that it really isn't so much more to go.

Love,

KT

Hi KT

Welcome to BB.  You have done so well to get to where you are now so well done for that  :yippee:

you will get so much help and support here and we will help you get off the rest of it!

love lynn xx  :smitten:

Guess what KT, you can call Klonopin crap on BenzoBuddies, I do it all of the time! :D  It is what it is, there are a few other names some of our members have called it.  Klonocide and Klonojunk, I think you should name if Klonocrap!

I'm amazed you've been able to do this without an A/D, benzo depression is pretty dark.  Those feelings and memories that come racing back at lightspeed are hard to take when we've lived for so long as emotional zombies.

You can do this, you can get off the rest of the Klonopin.  No one needs to be on this drug for a lifetime, no one.  We have so many people here who have successfully gotten off of it, you'll be one of them soon.

One of our team members, adelia knows a lot about adrenals and bio-identical hormones, I can see you two hitting it off!  :)

Stick with us KT, we'll have you good as new in no time. 

Thank you!! It is indeed Klonocrap. I don't think my liver could withstand my adding an A/D to the mix.  This is a heavy duty detox on all levels. Has anyone else here dealt with elevated liver enzymes or impaired liver function while coming off this shit? That felt good to write. Nothing like the healing power of a four-letter word. Anyway, my liver is taking a hit from withdrawal, it seems, and I'd like to know I'm not alone in this, not that I'd wish liver issues on anyone. My doc and shrink both know about the liver stuff. Sometimes I feel like klonocrap is sending me into system shutdown. I cut .125 this morning and am testing .25 again. More than testing. I won't go higher again. I get scared that this stuff is killing me. Intense tension this morning, then just wept and watched the old memories and insights surface. Oddly, and this is gross, had a nasty pale yellow BM after living on whey protein and two eggs yesterday (I'm at the point where I can barely eat) and almost immediately felt somewhat better. It felt like purge and detox. Depressed now after a two-mile hike. My husband is making me some stir fry.

Also, I've been on 10 mg Ambien nightly for sleep for about 5 months. The shrink and doc both know about it (yet another doc prescribed it), and both agree that I need to get off the Klonopin completely before I stop the Ambien. I just read about Ambien on this site and it scared the shit out of me. Anyone here gone from roughly .375 klon to zero rapidly out of medical need? If I can gut it out I'd like to be off the poison in about 6 weeks. Sorry if I'm not sounding clear. Tough day.

KT

Hey Adelia, wherever you are ;)

I just read your story. We have remarkably similar accounts, down to experiencing trigeminal hell. I had trigeminal neuropathy 23 years ago (left half of my face and mouth went numb along the trigeminal nerve distribution) and was soon diagnosed with a massive benign brain tumor (meningioma), which was succesfully removed. My health has never truly returned to normal since then. Now 54 and post-menopausal (due both to early-onset menopause at age 40, and finally surgical menopause at age 50). I had a salpingo-oophorectomy for ovarian cysts and calcified uterus, and hence no longer have uterus nor ovaries. Currently on bio-identiical HRT. I worked for many years in science/medical publishing, and wonder at myself for willingly taking Klonopin and even Ambien. I hope you're doing better and better!

Love,

KT

Thank you!! It is indeed Klonocrap. I don't think my liver could withstand my adding an A/D to the mix.  This is a heavy duty detox on all levels. Has anyone else here dealt with elevated liver enzymes or impaired liver function while coming off this shit? That felt good to write. Nothing like the healing power of a four-letter word. Anyway, my liver is taking a hit from withdrawal, it seems, and I'd like to know I'm not alone in this, not that I'd wish liver issues on anyone. My doc and shrink both know about the liver stuff. Sometimes I feel like klonocrap is sending me into system shutdown. I cut .125 this morning and am testing .25 again. More than testing. I won't go higher again. I get scared that this stuff is killing me. Intense tension this morning, then just wept and watched the old memories and insights surface. Oddly, and this is gross, had a nasty pale yellow BM after living on whey protein and two eggs yesterday (I'm at the point where I can barely eat) and almost immediately felt somewhat better. It felt like purge and detox. Depressed now after a two-mile hike. My husband is making me some stir fry.

Also, I've been on 10 mg Ambien nightly for sleep for about 5 months. The shrink and doc both know about it (yet another doc prescribed it), and both agree that I need to get off the Klonopin completely before I stop the Ambien. I just read about Ambien on this site and it scared the shit out of me. Anyone here gone from roughly .375 klon to zero rapidly out of medical need? If I can gut it out I'd like to be off the poison in about 6 weeks. Sorry if I'm not sounding clear. Tough day.

KT

Got to tell you, I've got alarms going off about your Ambien use!!  I turned to that when I was in withdrawals, it's bad news!  It actually prolonged my agony until I realized I was experiencing interdose withdrawal and had reached tolerance big time.  But we'll talk about that later, just know that it's dangerous stuff!

Whew, little tangent there, sorry.  I don't know anyone who has mentioned liver issues, but you can do a forum search by using the search function in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Hey, it's great you're able to exercise and you have a husband who cooks!  But, I hear you on getting off of this as soon as you can.  But, I think you need to weigh the withdrawals over possibly going too fast and your liver issues!  Tough call, I don't doubt.

We're glad you're here, it would be great if you stuck around and let us support you for the rest of your taper.  I'll have to see if I can think of anyone who did a rapid taper off of .375, we can work with you whatever you want to do. 

P.S.  I let adelia know you're here!  ;)

Hi Pamster,

I'm here and I'm sticking around. Yes please, I can use all the help I can get with rapid withdrawal or slower withdrawal from .375. I'm not thrilled about the Ambien either.

Thanks,

KT

HERE I AM!!!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:  (Thanks for letting me know Pam!) 

Hi KT, pleased to meetcha.  I'm so glad you have found BenzoBuddies, so a hearty welcome to you.  Yes, you and I do seem to have a bit in common.  Loss of a few organs, adrenal fatigue, nerve pain, the Klonocide troubles (that's great, I love those names...so fitting, aren't they?).  Wow, it's amazing! 

I've had adrenal fatigue issues on and off for quite a few years, so I've done a lot of research and experimenting (sort of) on myself to see what works.  My adrenals hung in there at first, getting off Klon (as well as could be expected), but a few months into it, kinda crashed.  It was just too stressful on mind, body, and emotions.  After almost 8 months off, I'm still trying to get my hormones and adrenals back together.  Due to my fast taper, I believe.   

I did a fast taper off .5 mg.  And to be honest KT?  I wouldn't recommend it.  I thought I "had" to do it, becuase I got frantic to get off, like everyone does.  Partly, the franticness comes from the crazy brain that tapering gives, I think.  So once I made the decision to stay off, and I can be stubborn that way, I had to "gut it out", like you said.  It wasn't pretty.  If I could save you from that, if I could save one person from that, I'd feel my work here was well done.  :thumbsup:

I think Pam might be right.  A slower taper might be in order for you.  Have you given any thought to titration?  I mean, REALLY going slow.  That would help your receptors (AND your liver) recover as you tapered, and not be so stressful on your hormones, especially cortisol (adrenals).  And you'll have time to adjust your BHRT as things progress.  Instead of finding yourself in a crisis, you know? 

Well, what do you think? 

adelia   

Hi Adelia!!!! :D

Ok, now I'm going to cry again. You folks are life savers! Me, who's used to giving help is now in need.

Yes please, can you folks help me out with how to do a liquid taper? I came to the same conclusion you just pointed out. I tried to dry taper from .375 to .250 today. No go. The worst day from Klonopin withdrawal hell I've ever been through. I just split a .125 and took that to see if it will suffice along with the .250 I took this morning, so I'm roughly at .3175 for the day. The sooner I start liquid titration the better. You're right. Too much for my liver and adrenals to do a fast(er) taper. I've been in a continual state of adrenal fatigue and stressed liver (elevated enzymes) since I started to w/d from Klonocrap.

I read more of your blog earlier. You and I have a great deal in common. I also have thyroid issues...hemithyroidectomy in 1993 for large benign thyroid nodule, and the remaining thyroid is now also nodulated. No one is taking that out, thank you. I have difficulty titrating my levothyroid dosage as well. My thyroid doc leaves me alone to titrate my thyroid doses within certain parameters. I'm intolerant of Armour thyroid...it gives me the T3 jitters and a racing heart. Similarity also in growing interesting growths in other places.

I'd love to compare notes on BHRT and our respective experiences.

Love,

KT :D

Hi Adelia!!!! :D

Ok, now I'm going to cry again. You folks are life savers! Me, who's used to giving help is now in need.

Yes please, can you folks help me out with how to do a liquid taper? I came to the same conclusion you just pointed out. I tried to dry taper from .375 to .250 today. No go. The worst day from Klonopin withdrawal hell I've ever been through. I just split a .125 and took that to see if it will suffice along with the .250 I took this morning, so I'm roughly at .3175 for the day. The sooner I start liquid titration the better. You're right. Too much for my liver and adrenals to do a fast(er) taper. I've been in a continual state of adrenal fatigue and stressed liver (elevated enzymes) since I started to w/d from Klonocrap.

I read more of your blog earlier. You and I have a great deal in common. I also have thyroid issues...hemithyroidectomy in 1993 for large benign thyroid nodule, and the remaining thyroid is now also nodulated. No one is taking that out, thank you. I have difficulty titrating my levothyroid dosage as well. My thyroid doc leaves me alone to titrate my thyroid doses within certain parameters. I'm intolerant of Armour thyroid...it gives me the T3 jitters and a racing heart. Similarity also in growing interesting growths in other places.

I'd love to compare notes on BHRT and our respective experiences.

Love,

KT :D

Hello, KT.  ;D  Glad to meet you but sorry for the circumstances.

By a liquid taper, are you referring to titration or to using the liquid form of klonopin?  If you want to make a liquid from your tablets (titration), check out the instructions and video here

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=6393.msg61329#msg61329

and then post a request for a titration schedule on the Titration Taper Board with the following information:

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

This may seem a little overwhelming but we will help you through it.  I believe in your current situtation and being down to .375mg, titration will be an excellent way for you to remove teeny amounts of klonopin every day if you want and just ease on down to benzo freedom.  In the meantime, I'm sure you will have lots of questions so ask away.  ;)

Hi KT,

Your rough day of "Klon hell" confirms to me even more that a slow taper will do you well.  I think that is a very wise decision.  And remember....this tapering business will make it easier on you in the long run.  It should anyway. It may seem complicated at first, but once you get it going, it'll be second nature after a few days.  Then, you listen to your body to "feel" how it's going.  Don't worry if it seems confusing at first.  Things will smooth out. 

Yes, we do have a lot in common!!!!  I'm currently tweaking my T3/T4 doses too.  I had to switch from Armour to synthetics for the time being (supply issues with Armour) -- Cytomel and Synthroid.  And my dr. also trusts me to adjust my doses.  But I also do my temperatures and keep track of symptoms.  I'm learning more about it than ever!  This will be great, to get to talk about hormones and such...yeahoo. 

So please ask any questions you have about tapering.  Also if it seems too confusing to go to another  "area" (the taper board) at BB, then just post your questions here, okay?  I had never been to an online forum before when I came to BB, and it took me awhile to even find my first posts again.  ::)

adelia

Hi Adelia,

Thanks for your wisdom! Clearly a very slow taper is the only way for me to do this. After the exceptionally bad day in Klon hell and a particularly bad sleepless night, I upped my Klonocide by .5 mg this morning to .875 mg. It was simply unbearable otherwise. After all these months I don't want to think of this as failure; it just points out that I need to go it slow and was tapering too fast in the first place.

I think that my BHRT needs to be lower dosage; testosterone in particular. My endo has had me on 1 mg estradiol, 100 mg progesterone, 1 mg testosterone cream 7 lines 3x daily to combat the increasing taper-induced tension/anxiety/depression. Too much testosterone, for sure. I convert pregnenolone to testosterone, as well. If left to its own devices, my endocrine system seems to want to turn anything it can into testosterone.

So how do I find out about the titration method?

Love,

KT

Hi Beeper!

I just saw your note! Thank you!!! I mean the do-it-yourself titration method. I'll read the instructions, watch the video and post the info needed. I'll likely be starting from .875 mg. I had to give myself a break today and upped by .5 mg

Thank you!!!

KT

Hi KT,

Good for getting a "break".  We all need one in this area, that's for sure. 

Before you start to taper, it's recommended that you get stabilized on the lowest "comfortable" dose.  Doesn't mean you wouldn't have any symptoms at that dose.  You still might have some.  And you might not feel totally great.  But it will be doable.  It's just up to you, whatever feels best to you.   

If this dose is .875 mg for you, then so be it. 

Just remember...you'll be starting a slooooow taper from this point.  So....longer ways down, know what I mean?  It's just something to be aware of, that's all. 

adelia

Hi again KT,

One more thing I've been wanting to mention.  Another thing to keep in mind about getting off Klon, is that your progress may not be measured in "days".  At least to begin with.  Most of us were on for awhile, and getting off sometimes becomes a longer term proposition. 

The last few years I took Klon, I used to look at it like an aspirin, or an opioid, or even a hormone I could adjust every day or every few days, to respond to whatever I needed that day.  If I didn't sleep well for a few days, I'd take more Klon.  If sleeping better, take less.  I MADE MYSELF SO SICK THIS WAY.  Always in withdrawals, and didn't know it. 

Benzos can cause lots of trouble if treated that way.  I found out the hard way.  Klon has a half-life of 18-50 hours -- the time it takes to get metabolized.  So that means you likely won't feel certain effects until after 18 hours.  And likely, it could take 3-4 days, or more, before certain symptoms kick-in, when changing doses, or tapering.  Also, after so many years on it, the body (and GABA receptors) become very finely tuned in noticing when the dose changes!!!!  It's quite a dependency situation. 

What I'm trying to say, and not saying very well, is.....try to think of holding your Klon doses steady, from this point on.  The body needs to adjust to a different dose, and it could take many days to begin to do that.  Going up and down is bad news.  That's why a taper, or cut, is held for two weeks or so, depending on the indiviual.  Did that make any sense at all?

It's a different mindset.  Instead of varying your Klon dose around what "you" are feeling, while tapering you will vary yourself around what the "Klon" is doing -- rather, around what your body is doing and around your symptoms.  Hmmm, that just came out, I kind of like it.  I think that's what I've been trying to say.  And I believe this is what challenges most people so much.  Having to change that mindset.  Kind of brings up the question....who's in charge here anyway?  :laugh:  Well, we know who's in charge, until we get it out of our bodies, in a sensible smart way.  Without it making us sicker. 

adelia

Hi adelia,

What you say makes a lot of sense, and what you describe is exactly what I've done with Klon over the years, constantly wondering why I had so much "flu." Your description of always being in withdrawal from the up down really rang a bell. I feel morally bankrupt at going up .5 mg today, as I've been gritting my teeth at .375 come hell or high water. It was just too much yesterday (and the day before that, for some time). For me, the stoic, that's saying a lot, even though it's a poor excuse. Even a day's relief from hell is a boon right now. The good sign is that now I feel utterly over-drugged. Perhaps I can get away with this one day without paying hard...perhaps. I do think I titrated down too fast, though, from 2 mg to .375mg in 4 months, and my adrenals and liver are suffering for it. Perhaps a happy medium would be to start titrating at .5 mg. Just thinking aloud. I want off this poison. Perhaps it's a day's break and then slowly titrate down from .375.

I like "Instead of varying your Klon dose around what "you" are feeling, while tapering you will vary yourself around what the "Klon" is doing --  rather, around what your body is doing and around your symptoms." very much!!! Well stated!!!

Love,

KT

Hi KT, that adelia does have a way with words doesn't she?  She makes a lot of sense and feeds it to us in a way that is paletable.  Great delivery adelia!!  :smitten:

Wow, you have a plan in place and the willingness to see it through.  What's it been 24 hours since you first arrived here?  You work fast, I can tell you're a leader and you get things done.  I also "heard" you when you said you aren't usually the one receiving the help. 

Well relax KT, you're here because you need help and we're here to make sure you get it.  This is one thing our loved ones can't help us with, this process is not easily understood by the people in our real world including our Dr's. 

Keep coming back!  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Pam!  :D

Plan being in place  ;D, I'm also clear that I need to continue the Klon taper with the help of an A/D. Thanks for opening my eyes to Ambien. I'm pretty sure that it is indeed contributing to the Klon taper depression, and may even have started a mild depression in the first place. Weird drug. Does anyone here know of a good, minimal side effect A/D? I'm thinking Trazodone, as it's a nighttime sedative and acts quickly, plus perhaps I could chuck the Ambien c/t by switching to Traz. The problem that I'm aware of with Traz is that it causes weight gain. Of course, I barely eat these days and can probably gain weight from breathing  :'(  I don't tolerate SSRIs, period. Incredibly nasty and rapid reactions. Lexapro (SSRI?) causes depression rather than alleviating it. Are there any nighttime sedatives A/Ds around other than Traz? A local friend mentioned Pristique (sp?), which I haven't researched.

As soon as I can get an A/D and dump the Ambien, I'll be ready to start a Klon titration

Love,

KT

The synchronicity of the attached "Note" below is too funny.  :yippee: :yippee:It's 1am and I just woke up happy. Happy because I took 5 mg of Ambien before I went to bed rather than 10 mg, and now I've woken up with raging withdrawal symptoms, including intense tension. This is exactly the tension I've been dealing with during waking hours; often in the morning. If anything, it's worse than Klonopin withdrawal. Small wonder I'm developing a worsening depression and I'm stuck at .375 Klon. So for the last four months, it seems that my response to Ambien has been in the kitchen along with Klon the crappy chef. Awareness is good.  8) Another call in to  the shrink tomorrow. If I can get off this stuff posthaste with the help of the mighty knight Traz, Ok, I'm happy, Universe. Genuinely so. So take care of those problems.

KT :laugh:

The Universe wrote:

> Tell you what, KT: If you can get happy right now, in spite of any problems, challenges, and circumstances that now seem to taunt you, I'll take care of those problems, challenges, and circumstances, as well as "ever-after."

>

> Agh-hmm... Please, do the math, take the bait, and never look back.

>

>    The Universe

>

>

>

Thanks, Pam!  :D

Plan being in place  ;D, I'm also clear that I need to continue the Klon taper with the help of an A/D. Thanks for opening my eyes to Ambien. I'm pretty sure that it is indeed contributing to the Klon taper depression, and may even have started a mild depression in the first place. Weird drug. Does anyone here know of a good, minimal side effect A/D? I'm thinking Trazodone, as it's a nighttime sedative and acts quickly, plus perhaps I could chuck the Ambien c/t by switching to Traz. The problem that I'm aware of with Traz is that it causes weight gain. Of course, I barely eat these days and can probably gain weight from breathing  :'(  I don't tolerate SSRIs, period. Incredibly nasty and rapid reactions. Lexapro (SSRI?) causes depression rather than alleviating it. Are there any nighttime sedatives A/Ds around other than Traz? A local friend mentioned Pristique (sp?), which I haven't researched.

As soon as I can get an A/D and dump the Ambien, I'll be ready to start a Klon titration

Love,

KT

So, you don't react well to SSRIS's huh?  Gees, I don't know much about them, you might try using the search function on the forum to see what others have said about the various choices.  To tell you the truth, I've never heard of anyone using Trazodone as an A/D, just sleep.  I can't imagine using it for that because when I took just a 100 mg, I had a horrible drug hangover the next day.  I was on Lexepro during my withdrawals and it really helped.  I tried to taper off during them and whoa, not good, had to go back on.

Yeah Ambien, dangerous stuff.  We have a thread here started by Ladyofthenite, all of us Z drug folks started hanging out there.  We shared our stories and nightmares.  Most of the folks there tapered the Z and found that the high dose the pharmaceutical companies offer is too much.  More is not better!!

The synchronicity of the attached "Note" below is too funny.  :yippee: :yippee:It's 1am and I just woke up happy. Happy because I took 5 mg of Ambien before I went to bed rather than 10 mg, and now I've woken up with raging withdrawal symptoms, including intense tension. This is exactly the tension I've been dealing with during waking hours; often in the morning. If anything, it's worse than Klonopin withdrawal. Small wonder I'm developing a worsening depression and I'm stuck at .375 Klon. So for the last four months, it seems that my response to Ambien has been in the kitchen along with Klon the crappy chef. Awareness is good.  8) Another call in to  the shrink tomorrow. If I can get off this stuff posthaste with the help of the mighty knight Traz, Ok, I'm happy, Universe. Genuinely so. So take care of those problems.

KT :laugh:

The Universe wrote:

> Tell you what, KT: If you can get happy right now, in spite of any problems, challenges, and circumstances that now seem to taunt you, I'll take care of those problems, challenges, and circumstances, as well as "ever-after."

>

> Agh-hmm... Please, do the math, take the bait, and never look back.

>

>     The Universe

>

>

>

I woke up every day with depression when I was on the Ambien, so depressed I wanted to go right back to sleep, I couldn't face the day.  So, I'd take another pill.  I've never comtemplated the unthinkable, even during the worst of my Klonopin CT, but I started to while on Ambien.  I researched and planned and....on December 9, 2009 I quit taking it and I've been wonderfull ever since.  I don't know when I healed from the Klonopin because I was in hell from the Ambien. 

I'm so relieved to hear you're going to dump that stuff, it scares me.