ADRENAL FATIGUE, ME, CFS SUPPORT GROUP

[os...]

I had a 4 point saliva test that shows I'm low in cortisol in the am, normal during the day and high at night. My adrenaline is low too and  I have severe sleep issues.  My regenerative doc want to up my adrenaline.  Not sure what to think of this.  I'm really struggling again after having a better month.  Now I'm lost.  I need these surges and jerks to go away!  Besides cactus, who else is getting surges at night at the moment of sleep? 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Bl...]

• [ca...]

• [Bu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 4 point saliva test that shows I'm low in cortisol in the am, normal during the day and high at night. My adrenaline is low too and  I have severe sleep issues.  My regenerative doc want to up my adrenaline.  Not sure what to think of this.  I'm really struggling again after having a better month.  Now I'm lost.  I need these surges and jerks to go away!  Besides cactus, who else is getting surges at night at the moment of sleep?

Hi Sleepless

I had a surge last night around 3AM. Like I did for months last fall. I just PM'd you with the details!

• 2 weeks later...

I had adrenal fatigue. I had all the tests done last Christmas when I was at my worst. In the hospital my cortisol was less than 2 in the early am.

I've eliminated all forms of stress from my life, added excersize and yoga. Now I sleep all the time, the opposite of how i was for three years!

I'm for sure recovering. Diet is eggs, alot of water, chicken, and I usually end the day with cereal  :idiot: no rhyme or reason

Anyways. Things are improving. There is always hope people! I was one of the bad cases

• 2 weeks later...

I had adrenal fatigue. I had all the tests done last Christmas when I was at my worst. In the hospital my cortisol was less than 2 in the early am.

I've eliminated all forms of stress from my life, added excersize and yoga. Now I sleep all the time, the opposite of how i was for three years!

I'm for sure recovering. Diet is eggs, alot of water, chicken, and I usually end the day with cereal  :idiot: no rhyme or reason

Anyways. Things are improving. There is always hope people! I was one of the bad cases

So glad to hear you have recovered and are feeling better!

I have high cortisol all night into the morning and I also have POTS symptoms and my sleep disruption is pretty bad. I am taking phosphorylated serine to reduce cortisol and I meditate and do deep breathing exercises throughout the day when I feel stressed or have heart palpitations or high heart rate. I am slowly cutting out as much stress as I can out of my life--still have a ways to go though!

The heart stuff is the worst of it--when did your heart issues resolve?

I found out through timed urine:

Very high estrogen

Very high cortisol all day

Low progesterone

Low Dhea

Here are my cortisol results:

My result.          Norms

6:50 Am            246.4.              50-150

10:50 am.          486.5.              90-250

2:45 pm.          297.1.              60-180

6:45 pm.            193.1.              35-110

10:45 pm.          122.4.                15-60

I was taken off my synthetic estrogen for now. Will eventually go to bioidenticql

I was given a liver detox powder that is started 3 days ago

I was given adrenal calm, pregnenolone, dhea (low Dose)

I hope I'm not screwing things up. 

Have been more weak (they say that happens in a detox) and more irritable.

I think that once we are off ALL medication our results will normalise to an extent. These drugs (all the drugs not just tranquilisers) really mess up our hormonal and endrocine systems.

I think any drug has the ability to do great damage to our bodies.

• 6 months later...
Is this topic still active? I have adrenal fatigue, CF, Fibro and really need help to prevent night time sugar lows... Any suggestion?

I had really bad adrenal fatigue but, fortunately it has gotten better.  I still have to watch blood sugar levels like a hawk though and eat 5-6 small meals a day.  I try to eat a healthy high protein, low carb snack before bedtime to prevent a blood sugar drop.  I also have a similar snack on my nightstand in case I wake up at night with low sugar levels.  I try to stay away from sugary foods and drinks too because, they cause blood sugar spikes and dips as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Anyone had any success balancing sugar. I have tried to diet but most of the day my sugar drops very low. I am so frustrated. Only think that eases this is regular sugary juice and Sprite.

Been to many docs...no help.

Any advice?

Any ad

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this thread still active?  I am looking for support too with Adrenal Fatigue/Exhaustion

Heck, let me know if you find it (the help)!! Take care!

• 2 weeks later...
I have severe adrenal fatigue for sure drs now wanting to test for Addisons. I cannot manage and stabilize my extremely low blood sugar. I do the perfect diet or at least so they say. Does anyone else have this issue? Dr just said eat constantly thru the whole day. Well that’s impossible. I have major issues day and mostly at night (only able to sleep in very short spurts) due to repeated crashes and horrible symptoms. Anyone else have this? It’s been a problem for about 15 yrs but due to severe stress it’s completely horrible and almost impossible to manage. Thanks!

I have severe adrenal fatigue for sure drs now wanting to test for Addisons. I cannot manage and stabilize my extremely low blood sugar. I do the perfect diet or at least so they say. Does anyone else have this issue? Dr just said eat constantly thru the whole day. Well that’s impossible. I have major issues day and mostly at night (only able to sleep in very short spurts) due to repeated crashes and horrible symptoms. Anyone else have this? It’s been a problem for about 15 yrs but due to severe stress it’s completely horrible and almost impossible to manage. Thanks!

Hi there. I was tested for addinsons and I don’t have that fortunately but I think the low sugar thing might be an issue. I get woken out of deep sleep by, who knows what. I can only sleep a couple of hours if I’m lucky. I’m still in acute tho.

Yes, they take blood then make an injection. 30mins later take another sample then an hr later again (I think that’s right it’s been a while) u will need to stop any hormonal meds like melatonin 1 month prior or if ur taking supplements will need to stop lots of these too

• 1 year later...
I have been off for 8 months. In a window from February until June 16- now I have jolts, creepy crawlings, and I can barley keep my eyes open for 12-14 hours a day. Now, I did have this in the very beginning of my CT, but it went away after 4-8 weeks. I had some major health anxiety the other day and immediately after I fell into this big wave. I’m having a really hard time. I recently cut sugar almost completely out of my diet. Other than that I think I have a yeast infection— which I will sadly take diflucan for and it will likely set me back. I’m just looking for some reassurance and validation that this is normal and I’m going to come out of it. This is the biggest strongest wave I’ve experienced since the very beginning…. Help?!