A Slightly Less Minor Milestone

[Co...]

At the end of March, 2013, I posted an announcement, A Minor Milestone, of Sorts, regarding the millionth post at BB. It took us about 8.5 years to reach that point. Less than three years later, we have now hit the two-million mark!

I am not entirely sure how I feel about this. Although it is a good thing that we have a thriving forum (BenzoBuddies even qualifies as an SMF 'mega-forum'), it is sad that somewhere like BenzoBuddies is needed at all. Still, we have been around for 11.5 years - that's quite an accomplishment for any forum. Usually, the forum owner moves onto other things and the forum is either closed, or slowly fades away. This has not occurred with BB. Although it has been some considerable time since I've been actively involved in day-to-day operations of this support forum, I (and all members of BB) have been fortunate that we have had a succession of very able and dedicated team members to keep this support space running smoothly. I'd like to take this opportunity (and ask members to join me) in thanking the team, past and present, for all their help over the years. And, of course, BB would not have succeeded without all the support from our wonderful members; essential for a peer-support group like ours. So, everyone, please take a bow and pat yourselves on the back. Well done.

Thank you all - it has been a pleasure.

Colin.

I timed this perfectly - here's the two-millionth post at BB:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=146565.msg2038933#msg2038933  :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Mo...]

• [...]

• [Mo...]

Wow! 2 million posts! Congratulations Jerrrrryyyyyy... ;D

Yes, indeed sad that a forum such as this one is needed. And it Is SO needed.

Thank you Colin for providing this forum: a life line for many, a huge source of knowledge , shared experiences and a place of comfort and support.

Thank you team for putting so much time in making this place run well.

And thank you to all members for being there for each other and for the friends I have made here.

Grateful always,

Moo

I would like to thank everyone for their commitment to this forum. I've quickly learned that it is a safe haven for those with little or no support, and there are so many of us. I'm blessed to have understanding parents, but not many do. Between them, this forum, and my 1 friend in California who went through this, my entire recovery became "doable", where before, it felt impossible. Thanks to all and God bless!

I'll never forget the relief I felt while in the midst of acute withdrawal I came upon this forum.  I'd finally found the body of knowledge and understanding I was so desperate for.  I don't know where I would have been without it.

Thank you to Colin for creating this place and all who keep it going.

RingoandJayJay

Thank you to all the staff for keeping this forum alive for so long.  There have been a lot of communities with large user bases of people who were hurt by psychiatric medications similar to this one that have closed down unfortunately.  I would encourage everyone who has the ability to do so to create some sort of online presence that alerts people about the dangers of psychiatric medications.  For example, if everyone here on BB created their own blog even with just a single page/post that discussed the harm a certain psychiatric drug can cause, we could save hundreds of thousands of additional lives because we would completely dominate the search engines with our warnings about psychiatry.

I want to thank Colin....the Team and Members .....without this Forum

I would have never recovered from my brutal cold turkey....and hey... 8)

my new Doctor says you deserve a medal......thanks again. :):-*

Bottomless gratitude for BenzoBuddies....

Thank you Colin, Admins, and everyone who makes this place a safe and supportive community for me and anyone in the unfortunate position off needing to become free of benzodiazapines.

:smitten:

Bennie

It is sad that this type of forum is still needed and is in even greater demand. 

Thanks to all who make this forum so successful in supporting those of us who need it. 

I have great admiration for those who give up their time to keep this forum running so smoothly.

Fiona  :thumbsup:

Thank you all - it has been a pleasure.

Colin.

I timed this perfectly - here's the two-millionth post at BB:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=146565.msg2038933#msg2038933  :)

And the poster  of two-millionth post at BB gets a two week all expenses  paid trip to Vegas!!!! Yay!! :highfive:..... :laugh:

Thank you to Colin everyone and involved in BB being here in the beginning, :hug:

To all the people involved the day to day running, moderating and over seeing of this site. :hug:

To Fellow buddies for their help and compassion while suffering so terribly their selves :hug:

To those of you who have healed but stayed or returned to show the way and walk others that need you selflessly along the healing highway. :hug:

To the people that left their accounts undeleted  so the precious information they posted can still be accessed oftens year' after the people who wrote those words have left  :hug:

Sometimes words are not enough to fully express heartfelt gratitude. THANK YOU ALL  :hug:

I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks…

-William Shakespeare

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks from Phoebe to Colin and all his helpers in BB land. 

You all have come through with much needed help and support for us going through benzo tapering.

Again, thanks, Phoebe

Congratulations and a huge, huge thank you to all who keep this place up and running. 

I am so grateful to have found this place with people helping people be advocates for themselves in an area where sadly, profits are put in front of people and lack of education reigns supreme.  With this group, education can be had and consumers who find it can make decisions for themselves.  Instead of labeling those of us who have seen a pdoc as crazy for the very real symptoms we feel, we have a voice and should be listened to.  We matter.  Our health matters.  And this place helps us find our voice, find our courage and find our freedom.  Thank you for creating this place and huge thanks to all who have, do and will keep it running.

Big thank you too, to the community!  :smitten:

Everhopeful

Well, congratulations to everyone involved in making this extremely helpful support forum work,..both past and present contributors.

I think it is a good thing that milestones are being reached faster now as it shows people who need help are finding this place. It does not nessesarily mean more people are needing it or more bentos are being prescribed though it may.

Whatever the case, thank God to all those here who offer help and hope to those of us who seriously need it.

Well done!

Thank you all.👍

ATU

Thank you Colin for starting this site.  And to all the administrators thank you for keeping this site up and running.

Most of all thank you to  the members of benzo buddies who have through their posts helped me and so many others. 

Thank you Colin. I will be forever grateful for this site. It was literally my savior two years ago. :smitten:

Mine as well.  Absolutely grateful, Colin.

Thank you Collin and Admins for keeping BB going for so long. This site has been a lifeline for me for about 2 years through withdrawal and now protracted withdrawal. I can't thank you enough!

Thanks to everyone Colin, you, the moderators and admins.  I couldn't have done this journey without this forum, it would have been so dreadful.

I am profoundly grateful for this help.  I too hope to be in a position to give back now that I am healing, albeit slowly.  There really are no words to express my gratitude.  How sad that we have to have a site like this though!

Ali

I understand the mixed feelings, but what an incredible achievement. BB is helping me so much. Would never know what a titration was unless I'd been here!

Well done everyone, especially the loyal mods and administrators. Theirs is not an easy job. Thank you. xxx

Dear Colin, administrators, moderators, all team members and my fellow buddies, I admire and thank you all with all my heart. This forum saved my life at a time when I could barely function. I will always be forever grateful. You are all the most courageous and strongest people I will ever know. Thank you so much and congratulations!!!!!!

Love Jackie Brown :smitten: :smitten:

To echo what has already been said in numerous previous posts, I feel a certain conflict in terms of being frustrated that BB is obviously filling a huge gap regarding an awareness of the dangers of benzos (and disseminating critical information globally)----and so very grateful that such a forum exists, amid an alarming dearth of help of any kind.

Thanks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to everyone who contributes in any way to BB: congratulations to those who have gotten off benzos, good luck to all of us who are still fighting the good fight (may we all eventually succeed), and lastly I soooo hope that the numbers of people who unwittingly become a hostage of sorts to this insidious class of medications starts to decline.

I think it's the responsibility of all of us who are well enough, to spread the word on the dangers of benzo addiction, and refer people to BB and benzo.org in Britain. Of course, the real onus on this issue lies with big pharma and doctors et al.; sadly, those two groups still seem largely unwilling or unable to grasp the enormity of the benzo crisis, so until then lay people and peer groups like BB are a priceless resource.

To express gratitude that adequately says "thank you" is truly beyond words. This is a place where empathy, guidance, love, encouragement are freely given.  Life long friendships are made as well as growth through the suffering, enduring and persevering to rediscover the person that was suppressed. Many emerging with a stronger character we acquired along the way, as well as an appreciation for life. BB is a safe harbor for all who find they are in the middle of the sea in a perfect storm, What a life boat!! It has saved many a lives around the globe. Thank you all  :smitten:

Words are not enough to say thank you , but thank you anyway !

I am relatively new here , just over a year, but I can say without a doubt .i would never be as far along in my taper as I am without the support of my buddies and the whole team , who have never hesitated to answer questions and guide me in the right direction ...

This is an awesome site ...  Thank you to all those who have helped make it that way ..

Bozobertie xx

Re: odinski's eloquent ::) post, above--WE expressed our shared (ahem, cuzin) sentiments. Odie drafted it and I cleaned up his farmer's  8) writin' during a Skype session on Wednesday. Cuzin can write fine, but always in a big rush, and forgot to sign my name, arghh :tickedoff:! Anyhow, "what WE said..." :thumbsup:

p.s. not to detract in any way from a time of celebration, but sorry Diaz-Pam was unable to be here to share this milestone; that's it, no comment otherwise. Thanks again to everyone who contributes in any way to BB to create this sanctuary :smitten: for the benzo battered, and gives us hope. :thumbsup:

Congratulations on 2 million posts!!!!  :thumbsup: 

I know Benzo Buddies has kept people from losing their sanity from horrible nightmare symptoms which they had no explanation for.  I'm so glad my doctor knew enough to give me a paper on it with links to the Ashton Manual, and to Benzo Buddies forum.  She didn't know much about tapering, but at least she pointed me to people who did. 

Colin, and everyone who gives their time to this site, and in helping people... Thank you and God bless you!!

Lilly555 :smitten: