3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Hey Treelover, you are doing amazing and making progress. Ok so you’ll be done in November? That’s great. I have a stockpile of Diaz and I stopped fill my prescription. As such, my taper will be done on September first. I’m cutting about .5 a month which is still considered slow and safe. I believe Diaz/Valium is the weakest of all Benzos. So when we get to 2 mg and under, it’s like fumes. Im still sleeping ok too. Some nights it’s a bit choppy. I have a lot of muscle tension and anxiety. Im more on the too much energy than fatigue side. I try to keep really busy with all of the restless energy. Im still working. Im a mother of three and a wife. My kids are very athletic. Im excited for summer so I can be outside grounding and watching my kids play golf and volleyball etc.

Tree lover when you sleep during the day are your symptoms intensified when you wake up? I still have those toxic naps so I don’t let myself sleep during the day. My night time sleep is 5-6 hours broken I wake a lot to heart racing and sweating but grateful for the sleep I do get.

Hey all - I’m coming out of the darkness from the last drop. That one was wild. Took 2 weeks before I could walk around the block and not feel like the sky was falling. I drove today for the first time in 16 days.

Interestingly, my psychiatrist suggested (did not recommend, but “suggested”) taking bigger drops. The last one was 0.1mg and was absolutely awful.

He says he doesn’t want me to have the long term suffering of doing that basically 23 more times to get off of 2.3mg. That scares me a lot, but I see his point. He says we don’t know how much worse it would be with a drop like 0.25mg - could be about the same, maybe not worse.

He also (mind blown) recommended considering IV NAD or glutathione. Said to consider getting the IV with vitamins added too on the day I drop to help my body handle the chaos.

I told him I go into awful acute at about 3-4 days post drop and I stop eating, can’t leave the house, have vertigo, etc.

He thinks maybe supporting my overall health this way could help me bounce back sooner.

Who knows. The idea of putting something else into my body doesn’t interest me, but things sure get desperate when you’re down like that.

Then he asked if I wanted to change to Librium because maybe I’d have a better time with that. Lol. Says it is slower to rise and slower to drop in system but has same half life as V.

I’m on liquid V and have no interest in breaking open capsules to weigh powders again.

I just need to get this done.

I’ll prob stabilize for a week or more then consider a micro taper over a week or so  that drops 0.25mg.

Just to see how it goes. I can’t do another year of drops like the one I just did.

Hi Teeelover- Sorry I seem to be blowing you up. I am interested in what your doc has said here. I am at 4.25mg Librium or 1.7 mg Valium equivalent. I am like you are saying in your acute feeling every day. Can’t leave the house. Pretty much got to fridge and tiller and that is it. I have been this way since hitting 2.5-2mg v. I held for 5 months almost and it didn’t really help and now have been cutting only three % a month to get my brain used to cutting again. Holding made it so much harder to cut and I don’t advise holding that long. So it looks like you were making just .1mg cuts and really suffering and now doing the daily micro at .01 a day or a total of .3 for the month are you doing better more functional? It’s so hard to know what to do I don’t feel like things are getting better so I am not sure dragging it out slow and suffering like your doctor said is smart. My doc doesn’t really have any advise except said maybe try 5% a month but at this low dose it would be two more years and that seems outrageous. If I was still functioning I would go as slow as needed to function I guess but so you think for some people functioning at the end is just not going to happen? I am tired of suffering and would like to move on from this phase into healing.

Tree lover when you sleep during the day are your symptoms intensified when you wake up? I still have those toxic naps so I don’t let myself sleep during the day. My night time sleep is 5-6 hours broken I wake a lot to heart racing and sweating but grateful for the sleep I do get.

Sometimes I wake up freaking out.

Most of the time it’s like a nice brain reset and I’m calm when I wasn’t before the nap.

I usually listen to a Thich Naht Hanh meditation on YouTube. It talks about breathing and being present. That’s my go to if I’m way too wound up and can’t settle my brain.

Lay down, listen to that, maybe doze off.

Hey all - I’m coming out of the darkness from the last drop. That one was wild. Took 2 weeks before I could walk around the block and not feel like the sky was falling. I drove today for the first time in 16 days.

Interestingly, my psychiatrist suggested (did not recommend, but “suggested”) taking bigger drops. The last one was 0.1mg and was absolutely awful.

He says he doesn’t want me to have the long term suffering of doing that basically 23 more times to get off of 2.3mg. That scares me a lot, but I see his point. He says we don’t know how much worse it would be with a drop like 0.25mg - could be about the same, maybe not worse.

He also (mind blown) recommended considering IV NAD or glutathione. Said to consider getting the IV with vitamins added too on the day I drop to help my body handle the chaos.

I told him I go into awful acute at about 3-4 days post drop and I stop eating, can’t leave the house, have vertigo, etc.

He thinks maybe supporting my overall health this way could help me bounce back sooner.

Who knows. The idea of putting something else into my body doesn’t interest me, but things sure get desperate when you’re down like that.

Then he asked if I wanted to change to Librium because maybe I’d have a better time with that. Lol. Says it is slower to rise and slower to drop in system but has same half life as V.

I’m on liquid V and have no interest in breaking open capsules to weigh powders again.

I just need to get this done.

I’ll prob stabilize for a week or more then consider a micro taper over a week or so  that drops 0.25mg.

Just to see how it goes. I can’t do another year of drops like the one I just did.

Hi Teeelover- Sorry I seem to be blowing you up. I am interested in what your doc has said here. I am at 4.25mg Librium or 1.7 mg Valium equivalent. I am like you are saying in your acute feeling every day. Can’t leave the house. Pretty much got to fridge and tiller and that is it. I have been this way since hitting 2.5-2mg v. I held for 5 months almost and it didn’t really help and now have been cutting only three % a month to get my brain used to cutting again. Holding made it so much harder to cut and I don’t advise holding that long. So it looks like you were making just .1mg cuts and really suffering and now doing the daily micro at .01 a day or a total of .3 for the month are you doing better more functional? It’s so hard to know what to do I don’t feel like things are getting better so I am not sure dragging it out slow and suffering like your doctor said is smart. My doc doesn’t really have any advise except said maybe try 5% a month but at this low dose it would be two more years and that seems outrageous. If I was still functioning I would go as slow as needed to function I guess but so you think for some people functioning at the end is just not going to happen? I am tired of suffering and would like to move on from this phase into healing.

I think for some of us, we just don’t stabilize much at this dose. I’m not very functional - I don’t go to the grocery store or drive except to go to the dentist (I have braces) and that winds me up a lot.

I take a nap or lay around most of the day. I have non-negotiable activities I do every day. I do a 45 minute slow stretch yoga video, and I do a 12 minute meditation. The rest of the time I give myself grace and rest.

I think for me, it’s just “keep going until you’re off” time.

You’re correct, I decrease by 0.3 in 30 days. I haven’t held since I started the microtaper. PMS hasn’t been harder (it was already incredibly hard with the cuts and holds, even when I felt “stabilized”)

For some reason last month PMS and cycle was during a bit of a window! I went out by myself and went for a small hike to collect some herbs. Felt fine. This month it seems worse. I don’t think the taper is necessarily causing waves at this point, I think being this low means I’m having windows and waves regardless - from previous cuts maybe?

The microtaper is much more tolerable for me. If I cut 0.3 I think would be in bed, not eating, SI, terrified, vertigo, etc. With microtaper I feel awful at least once every day. But it’s just tolerable most days. Some days it’s not so bad. Nothing has let up. I feel symptoms most of the day.

Off balance, no appetite, waves of dread, occasional panic, but also some peace, some rest, some moments of “it’s going to be ok”.

So, is it good? God no. Is it tolerable? The majority of the time yes. Do I want to stay this way, absolutely not. Can I do it another 186 days? I hope so.

This is a very low impact, relaxing yoga video that helps me keep moving.

I do it even when I don’t want to. I do it even if I feel anxious, short of breath, or dizzy. I’ve done it crying.

It always helps.

Before bed I listen to this collection of talks by Thich Nhat Hanh, a Buddhist monk about breathing and being present. It also calms me down a lot.

Do any of you have meditations or things that help calm you down?

Tree

Thank you so much for all your thoughtful replies. I really appreciate it. I deal with a lot of extreme bone crushing pain so bad it takes my breath away and a heaviness in my body where I feel like I can’t even lift my head up off the bed at time. I will keep fighting and try to speed up if I can’t tolerate because slow is not helping.

Oh man, so sorry you have that going on. That sounds miserable.

I wish this group were more active, there has to be more people in the 3 and under range!

Let’s support each other!

I am here to support you. Are you in any FB groups? They help me feel not so alone in this but I read a scary story yesterday and now I am second guessing being there.

My husband made all the cuts for the week and I am about at 5%. It’s so slow and I feel like I am just drawing out the suffering but I am scared to feel worse. Going to keep trying to gradually increase my rate as long as nothing gets to much worse.

I tried to lay on the couch this morning for a change of scenery and just the stimulation of the family being out there and me talking to them brought on so much pai, heaviness, and burning. then my body shuts down. The heaviness in it is so bad that walking back to my room was very tough. It’s like my muscle won’t work and I start to hyperventilate. My husband helped me. He is being a great support.

How are you doing with food? I feel like eating carbs gives me more anxiety but also if I don’t eat them I feel like low blood sugar shaky so not sure how to find the balance. I found a couch yoga series and I managed to sit up for some breathing and  two spine stretches.

Hope you are hanging in there! Let me know how your weekend went. I could use distraction.

I am here to support you. Are you in any FB groups? They help me feel not so alone in this but I read a scary story yesterday and now I am second guessing being there.

My husband made all the cuts for the week and I am about at 5%. It’s so slow and I feel like I am just drawing out the suffering but I am scared to feel worse. Going to keep trying to gradually increase my rate as long as nothing gets to much worse.

I tried to lay on the couch this morning for a change of scenery and just the stimulation of the family being out there and me talking to them brought on so much pai, heaviness, and burning. then my body shuts down. The heaviness in it is so bad that walking back to my room was very tough. It’s like my muscle won’t work and I start to hyperventilate. My husband helped me. He is being a great support.

the  fact that you had an inclination to move to the living room and be in the energy of the family, means you are healing.  The result is just a baby step forward.

Ok, I am at 4mg and tapering to 3mg on 5/29 if everything is still going OK. 

Question:  I started on 10mg Valium and have been tapering 1mg every 2-4 weeks and doing OK. After I get to 3mg, should I be tapering slower?  I am now lost and not sure what to do after getting to 3mg.  Any advise would be appreciated.

I would just go by how you feel. If it’s going ok keep going. Otherwise maybe drop down to cutting .5 mg and see how it goes.

Ok, I am at 4mg and tapering to 3mg on 5/29 if everything is still going OK. 

Question:  I started on 10mg Valium and have been tapering 1mg every 2-4 weeks and doing OK. After I get to 3mg, should I be tapering slower?  I am now lost and not sure what to do after getting to 3mg.  Any advise would be appreciated.

It looks like by your sig that your are still on Xanax XR as well?

If so, I say keep going with the 1mg drops. See it they’re tolerable.

Ok, thank you!  Yes, I am still on the Xanax XR 1mg in the morning.  I switched over to Valium to taper and started with the evening dose.  Once that is done, I will do the same thing with the morning dose of Xanax- not looking forward to this switch again as the first switch was not easy.

I would just go by how you feel. If it’s going ok keep going. Otherwise maybe drop down to cutting .5 mg and see how it goes.

Hi Fruitipop. I remember you from last summer. I'm not coming in here too often. I'm tapering incredibly slow and I've hit a wall at 0.90 so I'll hold for a few months. Did you improve with your 5 month hold?

I did not. I am seeing a tiny improvement from slowly tapering. Unfortunately I am one of those that the medication makes me sick and holding is worse.

I'm sorry to hear that Fruity. I have usually gotten better when holding, so I hope I do this time because if I get an inch worse than this I won't be able to function. I read you're bed-bound. I hope you gradually get better.

I’ve hit a rough patch this past week, so I’m holding at 1.83mg.

Started holding Monday, hoping to feel some relief soon (today is Thursday).

Had some dental work done today that was difficult to manage with anxiety.  Hoping for a bit of a window soon. Also have hormone swings happening this week. I feel rough.

Hang in there friends.

Honestly I do too. It’s interesting.

It definitely affects my cycles. Synced right up. lol.

How are you today? Are you tapering or holding?

I am tapering. I am rough today. I laid on the couch for about an hour after dinner. I normally always stay in my room. So while it was a big accomplishment I definitely feel worse today because of it. Just the new environment having the family around and talking really sets my nervous system over the edge. I also walked to the backyard yesterday and only stayed out there 30 seconds. Just these little changes really upsets my nervous system. I haven’t slept good the past three nights just from trying new little things like this. But I get tired of being in my room in bed. Such a long journey.

Good job pushing it little bits!

I ate dinner with the fam last night and managed the anxiety - then forced myself to walk around the back yard for a min or two. I was able to pick some ripe blackberries.

I don’t know why my Limbic system tells me that I’m in incredible danger when I’m just doing that.

Super frustrating.

Calmed down with a bath then meditation.

Good job pushing it little bits!

I ate dinner with the fam last night and managed the anxiety - then forced myself to walk around the back yard for a min or two. I was able to pick some ripe blackberries.

I don’t know why my Limbic system tells me that I’m in incredible danger when I’m just doing that.

Super frustrating.

Calmed down with a bath then meditation.

Is your mostly mental anxiety or do you have physical symptoms? I have so much physical pain burning heart racing sweating head pressure. And then being stimulated by anything makes all the physical stuff worse.

Also I have been doing Ally Boothroyd I think is her name on YouTube she has yoga nidra for the nervous system. I like it so far it helps in the moment.

Mine usually starts with physical symptoms -and that triggers anxiety. Not always.

I get morning jitters and random impending doom stuff. I’m working on “loosen and accept” so that the physical stuff doesn’t start the cascade of emotional stuff. Sometimes I can cut it off and feel ok.

I like listening to Claire Weekes audiobooks. She’s logical and helpful.

My body is just so tight! I stretch and do yoga several times a day, and it just locks back up.

Just gotta keep moving when we can, and rest when we need to.