3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Does anyone feel like it gets harder in the lower doses? Liquid V is not available in Canada so I'm stuck on pills... I'm having a really difficult time though.... I just want to be able to decrease my dose but the symptoms are rough. What's the general consensus should I hold until I stabilize or keep going if I don't I'm not sure what to do...? Thank you!

Jess,

Sorry you are in a rough spot.  Your last cut was in August?  It doesn't hurt to hold for an extra couple of weeks to see if things might settle.  I know of someone in Canada who had her Valium compounded into a suspending syrup.  I know a couple of others who used milk to do a microtaper.  I found when I tried milk, I had to add 1ml of water to my pill first to get it to dissolve.  Hang in there.  Hopefully, there are better days ahead.

Does anyone feel like it gets harder in the lower doses? Liquid V is not available in Canada so I'm stuck on pills... I'm having a really difficult time though.... I just want to be able to decrease my dose but the symptoms are rough. What's the general consensus should I hold until I stabilize or keep going if I don't I'm not sure what to do...? Thank you!

I dissolve my V in water and it works just fine if you want to try that.  Otherwise I think holding a bit longer is good.  I just held at .5 for almost a month but I, feeling great right now….almost to the point where I hate to keep going but I’m almost there!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I wanted to pop back in here and update you all on how I’m doing. I think I’m the absolute slowest of us all  :laugh:  I’m at 1.05 mg and I’ve found that I’m pretty reactive to .01 mg reductions. After my crash last year, and getting covid twice, (mild symptoms thankfully), I’ve been holding a lot. Holding a lot has allowed me to return to my career. I work from home but returning to my career was a huge goal of mine, so if working from home allows me to do that, then great!  Overall I’ve been feeling a lot of healing happening. My energy is so much better overall, and my symptoms remain manageable.

Right now I’m making roughly .005 reductions every 5 days or so. It may take years but I’ll get there, one day at a time. For me, the healing and return to life that is happening on the way to 0 is worth so much more than reaching 0, if that makes sense. But I must say, I’ll be so happy when this is all finally over, for good.

Sending love to all you warriors  :smitten:

Hi Candice,

Wow! That is wonderful news!

Congratulations on so much improvement!

You're getting there. Slowly but certainly!

Trochsetter

Thank you!  I have so many goals I’d like to achieve still (driving is the main one- if I can comfortably drive again- my world would open up tremendously). 

Congratulations on your taper completion!

Hi Candice,

Trochsetter

I’m so glad to hear things are going well!  I truly believe slow is SO important.  I held for about a month at .5 because I felt so awful and I wanted to prepare for my final descent.  I then started taking some supplements that I think have helped a lot.  I am at .32 today and I’ve had 3 days of windows this week feeling pretty awesome.  I am decreasing every other day down to zero so I am still going very slow but I think that’s the secret.  Good luck!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to pop back in here and update you all on how I’m doing. I think I’m the absolute slowest of us all  :laugh:  I’m at 1.05 mg and I’ve found that I’m pretty reactive to .01 mg reductions. After my crash last year, and getting covid twice, (mild symptoms thankfully), I’ve been holding a lot. Holding a lot has allowed me to return to my career. I work from home but returning to my career was a huge goal of mine, so if working from home allows me to do that, then great!  Overall I’ve been feeling a lot of healing happening. My energy is so much better overall, and my symptoms remain manageable.

Right now I’m making roughly .005 reductions every 5 days or so. It may take years but I’ll get there, one day at a time. For me, the healing and return to life that is happening on the way to 0 is worth so much more than reaching 0, if that makes sense. But I must say, I’ll be so happy when this is all finally over, for good.

Thank you!  I have so many goals I’d like to achieve still (driving is the main one- if I can comfortably drive again- my world would open up tremendously). 

Congratulations on your taper completion!

Hi Candice,

Trochsetter

glad you're doing good

Thank you, and hooray for your wellness! Slow and steady wins the race  :smitten:

I’m so glad to hear things are going well!  I truly believe slow is SO important.  I held for about a month at .5 because I felt so awful and I wanted to prepare for my final descent.  I then started taking some supplements that I think have helped a lot.  I am at .32 today and I’ve had 3 days of windows this week feeling pretty awesome.  I am decreasing every other day down to zero so I am still going very slow but I think that’s the secret.  Good luck!

Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Hi

I can’t tell by your signature how long did you hold when you crashed? I am at 2mg and crashed bed bound symptoms so severe. Just looking for some hope.

So happy things got better for you. I have been holding four weeks and the four weeks before that only made only .03mg v equivalent  micro taper over the whole month. So next to nothing.

Hi!  I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling so unwell. I hope things shift for you soon.  I crashed on April 30, 2020, after I tapered out about .2 mg in a month. To be honest, I’m not sure how long I held for. I think it was roughly a 2 month hold.

Hi everyone!

Hi

I can’t tell by your signature how long did you hold when you crashed? I am at 2mg and crashed bed bound symptoms so severe. Just looking for some hope.

So happy things got better for you. I have been holding four weeks and the four weeks before that only made only .03mg v equivalent  micro taper over the whole month. So next to nothing.

• 1 month later...
Hi group,  I'm not quite at 3 mg yet, so I hope you don't mind me posting on this forum.  I'm currently tapering down to 6 mg of Diazapam.  I dose twice a day (am and at night).  As I get to the lower doses, did you go to dosing once a day or did you keep your am and pm doses even?  Thanks!  I just want to be planning ahead.  And congrats on being so close to being off.  :) 

Hi! I personally kept all my doses and didn’t eliminate any. I’m also very sensitive to changes of any kind- so keeping blood levels stable throughout a 24 period was what I chose to do. Some people say the half life of Valium is so long that I could eliminate a dose, but I don’t believe it for me, lol.

Hi group,  I'm not quite at 3 mg yet, so I hope you don't mind me posting on this forum.  I'm currently tapering down to 6 mg of Diazapam.  I dose twice a day (am and at night).  As I get to the lower doses, did you go to dosing once a day or did you keep your am and pm doses even?  Thanks!  I just want to be planning ahead.  And congrats on being so close to being off.  :)

I always dosed just once a day.  I had taken Klonopin only at bedtime so when I crossed over I chose to keep it the same.  Congrats for making it this far.  Best wishes!

Thank you.  As I approach the 1 mg mark I feel victorious, yet so far from zero. I’m going so slow, and while I know this is the hardest part of the taper- I feel frustrated.

Thanks so much for the feedback.  I really appreciate it.  Again! COngrats to you all.  You are close to the finish line.

Technically yes.  I used to steady reduce every 2 days or so, but now I feel it when I make just a .005 mg reduction :(. So it’s technically a cut and hold now because I wait at least 5 days between reductions, sometimes longer. This last mg is SO hard for me.

Candice do you do cut and hold?

Candice,  You've got this. You will be free of this poison before you know it.  A friend once told me that your brain is screaming at you to take more.  You are almost off and your body is like...what the heck!  But you will prevail!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this!  I need to hear it.

Candice,  You've got this. You will be free of this poison before you know it.  A friend once told me that your brain is screaming at you to take more.  You are almost off and your body is like...what the heck!  But you will prevail!!!!!

Hi All,

Just wanted to drop in real quick and say that I took my last dose of Valium today, ending my taper at .02mg.  It has been a long journey and two years ago, I didn't think I was going to make it through this.  I'm grateful this part of it is over and I'm looking forward to more healing.  All the rest of you will get here too one day!  Wishing you the best and cheering you on!

Congratulations!!! Well done!!!  :smitten:

Hi All,

Just wanted to drop in real quick and say that I took my last dose of Valium today, ending my taper at .02mg.  It has been a long journey and two years ago, I didn't think I was going to make it through this.  I'm grateful this part of it is over and I'm looking forward to more healing.  All the rest of you will get here too one day!  Wishing you the best and cheering you on!

Hi All,

Momof7 I'm very very happy for you ✌️

Hi everyone!

Candace we're doing more or less the same. I cut 0.10 mgs a month. Tomorrow I'll be down to 1.30. I'm not visiting the forum lately. We'll get there eventually.