3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Following

2.78 mg V — tapering too fast. I know it but too stubborn or stupid to slow down

We're not in a race. I wouldn't go any faster than symptoms will allow. If you continue to taper while in BWD you'll pile up symptoms on top of symptoms. Another reason to go slow it because Valium has a long lag time. Sometimes you won't feel sxs for a week or so.

Thanks JWL

I do know this, but.... Ive been very symptomatic for years, but even a 7 mo hold did nothing to alleviate these. I actually only felt better after I started tapering again.  Since that time i haven’t held more than a week. After holding for 4 days, I made a cut yesterday and felt better in PM than I had in a week. — that means less brain pressure, milder head pain, body pain and aka stopped.

Makes no sense to me and am at a loss for how to proceed. I don’t want to end up in years of protracted but have had acute like symptoms for almost 6 yrs now.

I’m just worn out from the whole process.

Thanks, Lil

Following

2.78 mg V — tapering too fast. I know it but too stubborn or stupid to slow down

We're not in a race. I wouldn't go any faster than symptoms will allow. If you continue to taper while in BWD you'll pile up symptoms on top of symptoms. Another reason to go slow it because Valium has a long lag time. Sometimes you won't feel sxs for a week or so.

Thanks JWL

I do know this, but.... Ive been very symptomatic for years, but even a 7 mo hold did nothing to alleviate these. I actually only felt better after I started tapering again.  Since that time i haven’t held more than a week. After holding for 4 days, I made a cut yesterday and felt better in PM than I had in a week. — that means less brain pressure, milder head pain, body pain and aka stopped.

Makes no sense to me and am at a loss for how to proceed. I don’t want to end up in years of protracted but have had acute like symptoms for almost 6 yrs now.

I’m just worn out from the whole process.

Thanks, Lil

You are not the first person I’ve heard say this. Some people simply do not benefit from long holds. We are all different and I’m glad that you know what works for you. That is so important. Perhaps once you get free of this poison you will simply walk off symptom free or minimal symptoms as you’ve already been dealing with so much. At least that is my hope for you.

Thanks Kit

As if I need another reason to cry, you brought good tears to my eyes.

Such a hopeful post for me!!

This is the way I’ve been thinking and hoping for all along. You’ve refueled me!!

xx 😘 Lil

Thanks Kit

As if I need another reason to cry, you brought good tears to my eyes.

Such a hopeful post for me!!

This is the way I’ve been thinking and hoping for all along. You’ve refueled me!!

xx 😘 Lil

Oh my, that fills my heart with so much joy! ❤️❤️❤️ I call those kind of tears “healing tears”, they are the best kind.

Please help I don’t know what to do. Jump from zop 27 days ago Valium down to 1.5 from 1.75 as per my signature, I have only had 5 hours sleep in 6 days should I reinstate please help struggling

Please help I don’t know what to do. Jump from zop 27 days ago Valium down to 1.5 from 1.75 as per my signature, I have only had 5 hours sleep in 6 days should I reinstate please help struggling

I just posted to you on other thread  :)

Hey everyone  :)

thought I would join in on this chat.

I am now down to 1.5mg Diazepam. I am using a dry taper with scales. I initially was doing larger cuts went from 2.5mg to 2mg (held for around month) then from 2mg to 1.75mg but I started feeling heavy withdrawals from 2.5mg to 2mg & 2mg to 1.75mg.

I then started to cut every 2 weeks by taking 0.1 mg off the weight of the last cut, so I went from 0.15mg to 0.14mg and now at 0.13mg (equals to 1.5mg Diazepam). I found the average weight of a tablet was 0.175mg and use that for my cuts.

Still feel some small effects but found it better than doing larger cuts.

Does that sound too slow for tapering? At this rate its going to take me 6 months to go from 1.5mg to 0mg of diazepam. Seems slow, but scared if I increase the speed I will get heavier withdrawals.

Thanks guys

:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing. I think 6 months is too slow to cut from 1.5 mg. For me anyway, but listen to your body.

I'm doing a liquid one -  pop a 2 mg pill in 200 ml water, shake and take out the corresponding amount. Taking out 85 ml tonight so on 1.15 mg valium. Small cuts so I can continue working and be a 'normal' dad. I'll be off in 2 months or so, but maybe faster. When down at 0.5 mg will think about going faster.

Good luck.

I am now down to 1.5mg Diazepam. I am using a dry taper with scales. I initially was doing larger cuts went from 2.5mg to 2mg (held for around month) then from 2mg to 1.75mg but I started feeling heavy withdrawals from 2.5mg to 2mg & 2mg to 1.75mg.

I then started to cut every 2 weeks by taking 0.1 mg off the weight of the last cut, so I went from 0.15mg to 0.14mg and now at 0.13mg (equals to 1.5mg Diazepam). I found the average weight of a tablet was 0.175mg and use that for my cuts.

Does that sound too slow for tapering? At this rate its going to take me 6 months to go from 1.5mg to 0mg of diazepam. Seems slow, but scared if I increase the speed I will get heavier withdrawals.

Thanks guys

Thanks for sharing. I think 6 months is too slow to cut from 1.5 mg. For me anyway, but listen to your body.

I'm doing a liquid one -  pop a 2 mg pill in 200 ml water, shake and take out the corresponding amount. Taking out 85 ml tonight so on 1.15 mg valium. Small cuts so I can continue working and be a 'normal' dad. I'll be off in 2 months or so, but maybe faster. When down at 0.5 mg will think about going faster.

Good luck.

Hi Jimmy, congrats for getting so low.

I've been dry cutting so far, now down to 2 mgs. I also use 2 mg diazepam pills, a generic brand, not valium. I was wondering after reading your post, if I can then just throw a 2 mg pill into 200 mls of water, shake, extract 0,10 mls with a siringe, and drink the rest when I decide to cut from 2 mgs to 1.90 mgs. Is it that easy?

Thanks guys

Good luck.

I've been dry cutting so far, now down to 2 mgs. I also use 2 mg diazepam pills, a generic brand, not valium. I was wondering after reading your post, if I can then just throw a 2 mg pill into 200 mls of water, shake, extract 0,10 mls with a siringe, and drink the rest when I decide to cut from 2 mgs to 1.90 mgs. Is it that easy?

Vali, water isn't enough.  Your pill needs a bit of alcohol or the stuff you can get at the drug store.  Just water doesn't make it correctly.  Damn, I can't think of the name of the stuff you can get at drug store.  Brain shut down, starts with a P.    It's almost that easy, but you are missing that one step .

You can check in Tapering Thread.  ;).  The water alone, does not effect your pill correctly.

How are you doing and your beautiful daughter?  Mary 🙋🏼😘😘😘🙏🙏🙏🙏♥️

Kit!  If you see this, can you tell her?

Thanks guys

Good luck.

Vali, water isn't enough.  Your pill needs a bit of alcohol or the stuff you can get at the drug store.  Just water doesn't make it correctly.  Damn, I can't think of the name of the stuff you can get at drug store.  Brain shut down, starts with a P.    It's almost that easy, but you are missing that one step .

You can check in Tapering Thread.  ;).  The water alone, does not effect your pill correctly.

PG =Propylene glycol, or something like that.. :)

V is lipid soluble, so I think of it like trying to mix oil in water.. -varying effectiveness without PG or alcohol..

:)

VNM, there’s two options if you want to dissolve the Valium: vodka or propylene glycol (I think I recall you saying alcohol is a no-go at some point, or maybe I’m mistaking you for someone else—benzo brain) :crazy:. I had to buy PG from Amazon. You can also use a suspending agent like OraPlus. Valium tablets will break down in water, but they don’t dissolve (meaning the Valium is not evenly distributed throughout the liquid). Water is a terrible suspending agent, even if you shake the Valium/water mixture, the Valium falls out of suspension very quickly making it hard to draw out any reductions.

This is great info. I’m going to switch to liquid for my next reduction.

Can u just get PG from pharmacy? Alternatively if u use vodka with water how much vodka do u use to dissolve? Xxxx thanks all

I bought PG online. Actually, I was doing OK without it. I am a recovered alcoholic so can't use alcohol.

Here's a good video on how to do it: - 

Best thing I did regarding my taper, wish I had done it earlier.

Thanks guys

Good luck.

V is lipid soluble, so I think of it like trying to mix oil in water.. -varying effectiveness without PG or alcohol..

Thank you Aussie!!  :laugh: :laugh:  My brain lost the word.  I hate that  :D

Thanks guys

Good luck.

Thank you Aussie!!  :laugh: :laugh:  My brain lost the word.  I hate that  :D

Was my early morning blurt.. -goes downhill pretty quick after that.. :(

Shay(ie) -2ml vodka per 1mg (strength, not whole tablet), plus titrating volume of water was the old “go to” home brew mix.. (I think.. pls confirm)

Best check the titration board though, -I think they have moved towards RX liquids now..

Shayna, Can’t is correct. 2 ml vodka per 1 mg benzo. The common ratio is 2 ml vodka + 1 mg benzo + 8 ml water to get a 1:10 ratio mixture. That makes the amounts you draw nice and easy. If you end up going the prescription liquid Valium route you’ll do 1 ml liquid benzo + 9 ml water to get the 1:10 ratio.

Thanku but my brain is totally not working from lack of sleep. So I’d put in jar 1.5mg of tablet plus 3ml vodka plus 12ml water, then draw out how much to do 10%reduction? Xx

Shayna, so I make multiple days worth of doses at once so I don’t waste the drug and in this case you wouldn’t have to deal with pill splitting. In your case I would make 4 days worth, so 1.5 mg x 4 = 6 mg (3 tablets). You’ll need 12 ml of vodka and 48 ml of water. Getting a good 10 ml syringe will be helpful. If you plan on micro tapering you’ll want a 1 ml syringe as well to make small decreases, but that’s not necessary for right now if you’re going to hold at 1.5 mg. Once you’ve made the mixture, you’ll shake the jar before drawing your dose then draw 15 ml to take your 1.5 mg dose. That’s the great thing about the 1:10 ratio mixture, you just multiply your dose by 10 to get how much you need to draw into your syringe.

Ok x god I hope my brain works that day.  :idiot:

A dollar for every time I heard that..!! (From myself too..)

Its one of those things that gets much clearer once one goes through the motions in a hands on way..

-But, these are serious meds, so pls confirm before anything goes in your mouth..!!

One thing to learn is to draw your actual dose from the pool, be it a bottle (like any RX med), or from a 44gallon drum, so to speak.. -Rather than pulling your reduction and discarding it from a set quantity...

-Not that Kit’s wrong, -she is making it relatable to what your currently doing, thus probs easier to start off... (and there are different methods that all work)

What I did (fwiw) was to sit down with a pen n paper and read through the titration board history, -which really meant “Builders” repeat instructions and the confused questions of those threads.. (probs best to go back some years, but thats all archived now).. Might be just me, but I found my brain “discovered” much better than being “told” (which seemed like being force fed, and made my brain shut down)..

Once I had the steps, from working out the percentages, to mixing the brew, I checked with the “experts” before proceeding..  I think each person must understand it and be “self sufficient” before starting, or the risks are too high from even something as simple as a decimal point being in the wrong place.. I “suspect” this is just one of the reasons why the team decided to transition firmly to RX liquid..

...and now iv gone and complicated it all again.. :(

-Sorry guys.. Ill shut up now..

Ok x god I hope my brain works that day.  :idiot:

A dollar for every time I heard that..!! (From myself too..)

Its one of those things that gets much clearer once one goes through the motions in a hands on way..

-But, these are serious meds, so pls confirm before anything goes in your mouth..!!

One thing to learn is to draw your actual dose from the pool, be it a bottle (like any RX med), or from a 44gallon drum, so to speak.. -Rather than pulling your reduction and discarding it from a set quantity...

-Not that Kit’s wrong, -she is making it relatable to what your currently doing, thus probs easier to start off... (and there are different methods that all work)

What I did (fwiw) was to sit down with a pen n paper and read through the titration board history, -which really meant “Builders” repeat instructions and the confused questions of those threads.. (probs best to go back some years, but thats all archived now).. Might be just me, but I found my brain “discovered” much better than being “told” (which seemed like being force fed, and made my brain shut down)..

Once I had the steps, from working out the percentages, to mixing the brew, I checked with the “experts” before proceeding..  I think each person must understand it and be “self sufficient” before starting, or the risks are too high from even something as simple as a decimal point being in the wrong place.. I “suspect” this is just one of the reasons why the team decided to transition firmly to RX liquid..

...and now iv gone and complicated it all again.. :(

-Sorry guys.. Ill shut up now..

Can’t, I actually dose the way you describe.  :thumbsup: