3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Fullofdetermination, I'm sorry, but not having any other drug history to go on, I think it's a pretty bad idea.  That's a huge cut, and if you hit a wall, there is a very good chance imo, that a 30 day vacation won't cover you.  Can I say for 100% I'm right.  No, everyone is different.  It's a big risk imo though.

Is there any reason besides your vacation that you feel you need to go so fast?  I really hate to see people rush off at the end just to end up feeling bad after you are off the drug.  Worse than if you took your time and let your brain and central nervous system have an opportunity to heal more and give you a better chance of not feeling completely awful when you jump.  I know that's not what you wanted to hear.  It's just my thoughts.  Good luck no matter what you do!!  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼

I also kept the 'big guns' to use after the jump: I have Magnesium (Glycinate) and L-theanine + Inositol that I didn't took and the bottles are still closed. I also have CBD oil.

What do you think? Is going from .50mg to .25mg and then jumping too aggressive or manageable?

Do these big guns help? If so, I'll buy them.

If I were you, I'd enjoy the holiday and try not to think of the cutting, i.e don't go too fast. I've just started mixing 2 mg of Diaz in 200 mg and removing 51/52/53/55/57 ml . I feel great not thinking too much about it, it will take 2-4 months and hopefully no symptoms.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all x joining now as I am at 1.75mg from 2 mg have held 12days, will cut to 1.5mg in the next couple of days. Haven’t been on v long only since May. Thinking of reducing by .25mg whenever I feel I can.

Thanks kits x does anyone think I might be able to jump from 1mg? I feel like most people will say no, it’s not really helping me at this point and only keeping me from healing x

I wouldn’t jump from 1 mg. I jumped from .48 mg after a 10.5 month taper and it was rough, I lasted 4 days before I reinstated. Of course I was on Valium (and Klonopin before that) a lot longer than you.

Yeah. I hear u kits x I know most would say no..I just am struggling 2.5 weeks off zop. Sometimes I wonder if it’s still zop wd or I won’t heal unless val is gone too. 10-15 hrs a week sleep is killing me.

Shayna, tapering the Valium quickly or CTing will be really hard on your CNS. If you do a slow reasonable taper off I bet you will feel better. There are no hard and fast rules with tapering, but it does seem that slow is a lot more gentle on us.  :smitten:

Remind me how long you’re holding in between cuts? I have a friend who’s tapering with .25 mg cuts (started at 15 mg) and holding 1 month between and she’s doing well so far.

Remind me how long you’re holding in between cuts? I have a friend who’s tapering with .25 mg cuts (started at 15 mg) and holding 1 month between and she’s doing well so far.

I’m doing 2 weeks between cuts x

I’m doing 2 weeks between cuts x

I think Trina already suggested something similar, but .25 mg cuts every 2 weeks could be a good start and see how you feel. A 2 week hold is plenty of time to know how a cut that size will affect you.

Hey, sorry for the long delay. As I told in the other thread, I decided to take for now a more conservative approach (I cut to .4mg oct/06). Sx are manageable now if I take proper pauses without working too much in a row... at the beginning of the cut my mood was very unstable and having meetings was making me very anxious.

I think I will have another cut wednesday but I am still to decide if I go to .3mg or .2mg... as I will take 2 weeks for my current dose, I delayed things a bit for the vacation opportunity.

Mary5588, my main reason is really the vacation as I will stay home and stress free I guess... but I am also considering the timing for coming back to my job: after my vacation I might need to be more robust/tough due to the projects I will be involved and I wonder if I should jump or do a quick taper now to mitigate the effects of jumping while working.

Thank you very much for your help, guys!

I also kept the 'big guns' to use after the jump: I have Magnesium (Glycinate) and L-theanine + Inositol that I didn't took and the bottles are still closed. I also have CBD oil.

What do you think? Is going from .50mg to .25mg and then jumping too aggressive or manageable?

Do these big guns help? If so, I'll buy them.

If I were you, I'd enjoy the holiday and try not to think of the cutting, i.e don't go too fast. I've just started mixing 2 mg of Diaz in 200 mg and removing 51/52/53/55/57 ml . I feel great not thinking too much about it, it will take 2-4 months and hopefully no symptoms.

Honestly? I don't know. I am considering them due to some stories/anecdotal evidence here and from reddit that they might help. I wonder if it's safe to test any of them now instead of waiting until I am benzo free.

How is your taper going? Does this progression you described is a daily progression? Thank you for sharing your advice!

Hey everyone  :)

thought I would join in on this chat.

I am now down to 1.5mg Diazepam. I am using a dry taper with scales. I initially was doing larger cuts went from 2.5mg to 2mg (held for around month) then from 2mg to 1.75mg but I started feeling heavy withdrawals from 2.5mg to 2mg & 2mg to 1.75mg.

I then started to cut every 2 weeks by taking 0.1 mg off the weight of the last cut, so I went from 0.15mg to 0.14mg and now at 0.13mg (equals to 1.5mg Diazepam). I found the average weight of a tablet was 0.175mg and use that for my cuts.

Still feel some small effects but found it better than doing larger cuts.

Does that sound too slow for tapering? At this rate its going to take me 6 months to go from 1.5mg to 0mg of diazepam. Seems slow, but scared if I increase the speed I will get heavier withdrawals.

Thanks guys

:thumbsup:

I am now down to 1.5mg Diazepam. I am using a dry taper with scales. I initially was doing larger cuts went from 2.5mg to 2mg (held for around month) then from 2mg to 1.75mg but I started feeling heavy withdrawals from 2.5mg to 2mg & 2mg to 1.75mg.

I then started to cut every 2 weeks by taking 0.1 mg off the weight of the last cut, so I went from 0.15mg to 0.14mg and now at 0.13mg (equals to 1.5mg Diazepam). I found the average weight of a tablet was 0.175mg and use that for my cuts.

Does that sound too slow for tapering? At this rate its going to take me 6 months to go from 1.5mg to 0mg of diazepam. Seems slow, but scared if I increase the speed I will get heavier withdrawals.

Thanks guys

You go as fast as is comfortable for you. I don’t think it sounds too slow.

Thanks guys

You go as fast as is comfortable for you. I don’t think it sounds too slow.

I totally agree with Kit, if you feel good, that's the pace for you  ;)

Thank you for the reply Mary & Kit  :)

Yeah I feel comfortable in going the pace I am at and if I get a bad withdrawal I will hold  :thumbsup:

As you guys know you end up second guessing yourself, my anxiety is telling me I am going to slow and this will never end but I know there is light at the end the tunnel and I need to make sure I don't let my anxiety get to me.

Following

2.78 mg V — tapering too fast. I know it but too stubborn or stupid to slow down

We're not in a race. I wouldn't go any faster than symptoms will allow. If you continue to taper while in BWD you'll pile up symptoms on top of symptoms. Another reason to go slow is because Valium has a long lag time. Sometimes you won't feel sxs for a week or so.

Matt, that’s great!! How are you feeling?

Thanks for asking It's complicated Big digestive problems I suppose i am not much worse that I have been for the last few months