3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Candace I forgot to thank you for your reply, or maybe I did but my phone ruins all my posts, I can only post properly on my laptop since I got this samsung.

Jwl do you mean that you had to hold for two years to get better? I don't know. What happened to me last summer has really thrown me off balance. I know I'm not going to be able to taper like people who haven't been in acute wd thus throwing all this glutamate damage to my brain. Probably all those you say that are no longer here did normal tapers, like my previous tapers were. I can't even handle a 5% a month cut so imagine how long it would take to come off. And I can't even consider being incapacitated as my life is very very demanding. I guess I'll chip away at it when I feel I can cut a little, and stop obsessing about being drug free, as that obsession is killing me. I'll just accept I'm ON valium and try to cut a little here and there whenever possible, after a reasonably good period. I hope you slowly get off your 1 mg. You did so well, don't ruin it now. Take it easy and go slowly and you'll be off before you know it!!

I know it's discouraging that we cant taper like many do because our CNS is so hypersensitive and maybe because we can't seem to get stable but our bodies have an amazing ability to heal.

It took me about a year before all my sxs went away. I held longer because, like I said, I wanted to address health issues. I've come to believe it's just as important because that's why many of us got put on benzos in the first place. I was lucky to find a good Integrative doc who helped me get a handle on things.

Jwl I'm glad you found a great doctor. I waited seven months, was not really stable at all but when the pandemic broke out I thought OK I have to try to get off this crap. I'll go slowly. I'm glad you're back on BBs. You'll come off. You've got this.

Jwl do you mean that you had to hold for two years to get better? I don't know. What happened to me last summer has really thrown me off balance. I know I'm not going to be able to taper like people who haven't been in acute wd thus throwing all this glutamate damage to my brain. Probably all those you say that are no longer here did normal tapers, like my previous tapers were. I can't even handle a 5% a month cut so imagine how long it would take to come off. And I can't even consider being incapacitated as my life is very very demanding. I guess I'll chip away at it when I feel I can cut a little, and stop obsessing about being drug free, as that obsession is killing me. I'll just accept I'm ON valium and try to cut a little here and there whenever possible, after a reasonably good period. I hope you slowly get off your 1 mg. You did so well, don't ruin it now. Take it easy and go slowly and you'll be off before you know it!!

At least you're doing it!! Just chip a little here and there. I've been tapering mega-slowly for over 5 years now. I can see the finish line. The hypersensitivity to the cuts, life stress, and other challenges has made the trip really brutal, but we can all do it!! I'm thinking there's no such thing as a "normal taper". Everybody's voyage and circumstances are different. Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear, so keep going!

Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear, so keep going!

Wow, this resonates with me so much. Just beautiful. ❤️

Me too Kit. I've found that of all the emotions that seem to be hyper-exaggerated during WDs, Fear is at the top of the list

At least you're doing it!! Just chip a little here and there. I've been tapering mega-slowly for over 5 years now. I can see the finish line. The hypersensitivity to the cuts, life stress, and other challenges has made the trip really brutal, but we can all do it!! I'm thinking there's no such thing as a "normal taper". Everybody's voyage and circumstances are different. Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear, so keep going!

Thank you ultra 2007, you' optimism is always so contagious. I'll keep going super super slowly.

Never thought I would reach 3 mg but just cut another 0.5 to 2.5 mg. On the 5th day and loving the weird feelings(well trying my best to) as I know that's my body healing. The only way out is through :)

Hi all, just checking in. I agree- we all need to keep going. Sometimes that means holding. Holds are productive as they give our bodies time to recover so that we can continue tapering. I know it often feels like it’s wasted time. I’ve learned that holds are far from wasted time, in fact for me anyways, they are absolutely necessary. I’m one of those folks that have been tapering for years and my pace is becoming incredibly slow. However, I’ve accepted that I’d rather be able to function somewhat and let this take as long as it needs to, than rush myself and feel like I’m dying (literally).  The wall I hit in May scared the bejesus out of me. My body was suddenly unable to regulate itself. It was like having POTS if anyone is familiar with that. My BP was spiking, I couldn’t control my body’s reactions to emotions (I was afraid to cry because when I did, I lost control of my limbs), or moderate exercise (I almost passed out from trying to mow the lawn), it was scary stuff.  What was crazy was I was feeling completely fine (even better than I had in months actually), and then the wall hit out of nowhere.  I’m much more stabilized now, thankfully.

I guess I’m here to chime in and say- keep going and remember to believe in your body’s ability to heal. Your pace and your journey is like a finger print and unlike anyone else’s. And that’s okay.

Also, I’m wondering if maybe I’ll be slapped with a miracle and at some point the Valium will be undetectable by my body and I can stop taking it instead of microtapering to 0. Wishful thinking. But knowing my body- VERY unlikely.  :laugh:

Thanks Candice,

I so needed to read this today. The wave that hit me last week is brutal.

Decided to hold for a very long time.

Best wishes. TS

Hi all, just checking in. I agree- we all need to keep going. Sometimes that means holding. Holds are productive as they give our bodies time to recover so that we can continue tapering. I know it often feels like it’s wasted time. I’ve learned that holds are far from wasted time, in fact for me anyways, they are absolutely necessary. I’m one of those folks that have been tapering for years and my pace is becoming incredibly slow. However, I’ve accepted that I’d rather be able to function somewhat and let this take as long as it needs to, than rush myself and feel like I’m dying (literally).  The wall I hit in May scared the bejesus out of me. My body was suddenly unable to regulate itself. It was like having POTS if anyone is familiar with that. My BP was spiking, I couldn’t control my body’s reactions to emotions (I was afraid to cry because when I did, I lost control of my limbs), or moderate exercise (I almost passed out from trying to mow the lawn), it was scary stuff.  What was crazy was I was feeling completely fine (even better than I had in months actually), and then the wall hit out of nowhere.  I’m much more stabilized now, thankfully.

I guess I’m here to chime in and say- keep going and remember to believe in your body’s ability to heal. Your pace and your journey is like a finger print and unlike anyone else’s. And that’s okay.

Also, I’m wondering if maybe I’ll be slapped with a miracle and at some point the Valium will be undetectable by my body and I can stop taking it instead of microtapering to 0. Wishful thinking. But knowing my body- VERY unlikely.  :laugh:

Yeah I totally agree with you on holding for a while, I have gone from 2.5mg to 2mg and have held for 2 months. You definitely need time to recover and then move on at your own pace  :thumbsup:

Hi everyone!

Ughh I'm on the 7th night of not sleeping a whole lot. I'm sooooo close to the end that it's surprising how strong this crap still is. Just went down to .25 mg last week but I think I'm gonna have to do these last little bits slower. Was hoping I could make .05 cuts and have like 4 left maximum!! But I can't sleep.  :(  I crash out for an hour or two and then my brain just wakes me up over and over again, like every 15 min til it's time to get up.

I don't know that I have any questions or deep thoughts to share. Mainly wanted to come here and post because I'm exhausted and feel bad.

thanks for listening  :smitten:

Hi everyone!

Ughh I'm on the 7th night of not sleeping a whole lot. I'm sooooo close to the end that it's surprising how strong this crap still is. Just went down to .25 mg last week but I think I'm gonna have to do these last little bits slower. Was hoping I could make .05 cuts and have like 4 left maximum!! But I can't sleep.  :(  I crash out for an hour or two and then my brain just wakes me up over and over again, like every 15 min til it's time to get up.

I don't know that I have any questions or deep thoughts to share. Mainly wanted to come here and post because I'm exhausted and feel bad.

thanks for listening  :smitten:

I'm sorry your sleep is so crummy.  Your body is definitely speaking- it needs you to slow down.  For what it's worth- it looks like you have removed .1 from your dose this month, which is 33% of your starting dose this month (.3).  Many people cannot tolerate more than 10% dose reduction per month.  Slowing down or perhaps holding will help your body to stabilize and tolerate further tapering. 

You're almost there, don't give up  :smitten:

I'm one of those people valium was never good for.. wish had stayed on clonopin and not wasted years.

On .85 by weight of valium, which is about 1 mg strength.  And .5 ambien.  Frankly I'd do whatever it takes to function, but since I'm not, think have to get off soon as I can.

The ambien I will leave alone for a future date.

And if any natural or rx med would help this, I'd take it, frankly, after looking at 4 years go go from less than a half of a .5 clonopin to this now, and mostly nonfunctional.

If were functional that is another story!

I'm sorry your sleep is so crummy.  Your body is definitely speaking- it needs you to slow down.  For what it's worth- it looks like you have removed .1 from your dose this month, which is 33% of your starting dose this month (.3).  Many people cannot tolerate more than 10% dose reduction per month.  Slowing down or perhaps holding will help your body to stabilize and tolerate further tapering. 

You're almost there, don't give up  :smitten:

Thanks Candice! I logged in like 3 different times last Fri and re-read this for moral support. Unbelievably I am still feeling the same way. Have lost track of how many days it's been now. But seems like it would be too long for return to the previous dosage. So exhausted at this point!

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

2 hours sleep first night, slept great night 2, last night was rough, like 3 hours. I want too stick It out on 3MG and hold for a while. Hope you're well Mary!

2 hours sleep first night, slept great night 2, last night was rough, like 3 hours. I want too stick It out on 3MG and hold for a while. Hope you're well Mary!

I am hanging in, some days better than others  ;) ;).  You will make it!    :D

Would really appreciate any advice  :(

Reduced to .25mg on Jul 25. So it's been like 12 days now. Haven't slept more than 3-4 hrs a night (in small chunks) since then. Feeling really heart racey, shaky, restless and obviously exhausted at this point. I've had an easy taper so far, so don't understand what's happening suddenly. I'm so close to being done.

Getting pretty worn down. Any ideas?

Would really appreciate any advice  :(

Reduced to .25mg on Jul 25. So it's been like 12 days now. Haven't slept more than 3-4 hrs a night (in small chunks) since then. Feeling really heart racey, shaky, restless and obviously exhausted at this point. I've had an easy taper so far, so don't understand what's happening suddenly. I'm so close to being done.

Getting pretty worn down. Any ideas?

Tak1984, imo, you should hold until you stabilize, it could take awhile.....and then taper slowly to the end.  It can be pretty common to get hit as you get lower, so stabilize and then taper slowly.  Good luck, keep us posed  :).  Mary 🙋🏼

Thanks Mary. I'm *definitely* holding until things improve. I guess I'm wondering if there's any point trying to return to the previous dosage at this point...or any other suggestions?

Thanks Mary. I'm *definitely* holding until things improve. I guess I'm wondering if there's any point trying to return to the previous dosage at this point...or any other suggestions?

That's a tough question.    Unless you are just in terrible shape, I would try to ride it out.  It won't be easy but let's hope the symptoms ease soon.  It can be really disheartening to updose and sometimes that can take awhile to have an effect also.  Only you can decide, hopefully others will reply too .

:smitten: :smitten: