3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

I guess I'm confused. If I taper my last 1 mg at a rate of . 01 mg/day how is that not a 1% reduction?

Dear it will be 1% a day, which would be 30% a month, that's why you'd be off in a bit more than three months, unless I'm missing something.

That makes sense. What is your taper like? What method?

It's cut and hold remember? Currently trying to cut around 0.10 a month after a long long hold after a very bad experience. You can check it out in my signature. Though my psych dr. has just told me to please hold till september as I'm quite symptomatic and he doesn't want to see me again like I was last summer I suppose.

I guess what I meant was do you cut very carefully or do you use a scale? If so, how accurate is it? Do all pills weigh the same? Does a 1mg pill of Valium=1 mg of Diazepam? What about binders and fillers?

How long does it take you to taper at 10%?

I guess what I meant was do you cut very carefully or do you use a scale? If so, how accurate is it? Do all pills weigh the same? Does a 1mg pill of Valium=1 mg of Diazepam? What about binders and fillers?

There is a lot of good information on these video's and this link if you'd like to check them out. 

Bob7 Benzo Dry Taper Method 

Dry Taper Math

There is a lot of good information on these video's and this link if you'd like to check them out. 

Bob7 Benzo Dry Taper Method 

Dry Taper Math

Thanks Pam. That explains a lot but I think I'll stick with my liquid taper. To me it's very accurate: 1 mg D=1 ml D. I'll be tapering at a rate of .01 ml/day and according to V it equals a 30 % reduction so to slow it down I'll just hold 3 times as long which should be close to 10%.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say I'm so grateful that you are all here to come read and be inspired by on hard days.

Today i cut to .3 mg. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time to be getting near the end. In some ways it seems like I never will be done still. But I keep looking at my sig line and feel great seeing the progress so far.  :smitten:

Thanks for all of your support, guys. I’m feeling a bit better about everything.  I’m coming to a place of acceptance that this taper and my healing are just going to take as long as it will take. There’s no timeline and while it’s been over 5 years- I’m a whole lot closer than I was.

After hitting a wall at the end of April and holding for over a month, I’m now decreasing at about a 5% per month pace. I don’t make the entire 5% in a cut. I’m using liquid diazepam, so I take out .01 mg every few days. Yes I have symptoms, but I’m also feeling an increase in my nervous system’s ability to regulate itself- and that’s worth the snail’s pace ;)

I too, am so grateful for this group.  :smitten:

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say I'm so grateful that you are all here to come read and be inspired by on hard days.

Today i cut to .3 mg. I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time to be getting near the end. In some ways it seems like I never will be done still. But I keep looking at my sig line and feel great seeing the progress so far.  :smitten:

Hey Tak, I've been tapering for 5 years (including my 2 year hold). It looks like you're tapering at 30% which is what I've been doing but I'm thinking of slowing it down on my last 1 mg. Your sig looks a lot like mine. I have Fibromyalgia and my idiot doc put me on hydrocodone,Valium and Ambien. I also CT the H and it was the worst experience I ever had. BTW I C/O Ambien to Diazepam. I think it was 10 mg A=!0 mg D but don't quote me on it.

Thanks for all of your support, guys. I’m feeling a bit better about everything.  I’m coming to a place of acceptance that this taper and my healing are just going to take as long as it will take. There’s no timeline and while it’s been over 5 years- I’m a whole lot closer than I was.

After hitting a wall at the end of April and holding for over a month, I’m now decreasing at about a 5% per month pace. I don’t make the entire 5% in a cut. I’m using liquid diazepam, so I take out .01 mg every few days. Yes I have symptoms, but I’m also feeling an increase in my nervous system’s ability to regulate itself- and that’s worth the snail’s pace ;)

Man I wish I had your patience Candice. My new doc doesn't really understand my taper and sometime I worry that he's going to cut me off. He perscribed me 100 ml liquid Diazepam and I'm sure he'll probably do it again but I'm not sure if he'll do it 5 times which is what I'll need for a 5% taper.

Quick question: when you say you take ,01 out every few days, does that mean you're not taking anything in between the days?

Im happy i found this post, i think this will help me alot!

I have been on a long taper, my highest daily doses was on about 35-40 mg daily. Currently i have tapered down to 0,5 mg. I have little to no symptoms at this dose now as I have stayed on this dose for the past 3 months. I have been ready for a while to move down from it, but my problem is that if i go straight to 0 withdrawals gets really bad and it feels like my body is in danger and I have to littlle knowledge about if it could actually be dangerous for my body or not to do it. My doctor said it cant be dangerous when im allready at such a small dose. Any advise about this?

Also, my 2nd option would be to continue tapering, but I just do not know how. What methods do you guys use? Do you get like a micro scale to messure up the dosage? Currently at my 0,5 mg dosage ive just cut a 2mg tablet into 4 pieces. They are small allready and I dont know how if i were to cut them more how to make them accurate.

I appreciate any help :)

Hi Gwagwages,

Almost done! Wow.

Try using a nail file to make those small pieces a little smaller. Using a micro-scale makes things a lot more accurate.

Good luck.

Im happy i found this post, i think this will help me alot!

I have been on a long taper, my highest daily doses was on about 35-40 mg daily. Currently i have tapered down to 0,5 mg. I have little to no symptoms at this dose now as I have stayed on this dose for the past 3 months. I have been ready for a while to move down from it, but my problem is that if i go straight to 0 withdrawals gets really bad and it feels like my body is in danger and I have to littlle knowledge about if it could actually be dangerous for my body or not to do it. My doctor said it cant be dangerous when im allready at such a small dose. Any advise about this?

Also, my 2nd option would be to continue tapering, but I just do not know how. What methods do you guys use? Do you get like a micro scale to messure up the dosage? Currently at my 0,5 mg dosage ive just cut a 2mg tablet into 4 pieces. They are small allready and I dont know how if i were to cut them more how to make them accurate.

I appreciate any help :)

Gwag, would your Dr write you a prescription for Liquid Diazapam?  That would make it much easier to keep tapering.  Mary 🙋🏼

I did not know they had it in liquid! Thanks, I will try ask for it :)

You could always dissolve it in propylene glycol or maybe even vodka to make a liquid solution. Been doing that for years and it works really well. You never know!

Jeff

Candace I'm glad you found a tapering speed you can cope with. I'd like to ask about the time when you switched to Roxanne liquid. I see you held for about six months there didn't you? Was the crossover very hard from pills to liquid?

Candace I'm glad you found a tapering speed you can cope with. I'd like to ask about the time when you switched to Roxanne liquid. I see you held for about six months there didn't you? Was the crossover very hard from pills to liquid?

So I was using the liquid in conjunction with pills until I hit 3.75 mg. Up until then, I would trade out 1 mg of Valium for the liquid equivalent, hold until I adjusted (usually a week), then microtaper that 1 mg equivalent of liquid, and repeat. When I got down to 3.75 mg, I decided to switch over to all liquid because it was becoming clear that Mylan (the manufacturer of my pills), was slowing down and possibly stopping production of my medication. So, instead of making an adjustment to a new pill manufacturer, I decided to make the adjustment to all liquid. It took me just about 2 months to make the switch.  Hope that helps!

Thank you very much Candace. That helps a lot. So when I'm down to 2 mgs I could switch to 1 mg pill plus 1 mg liquid for instance?

Thank you very much Candace. That helps a lot. So when I'm down to 2 mgs I could switch to 1 mg pill plus 1 mg liquid for instance?

It really all depends on your body. The only way to find out is to try it. If your body handles changes well, then liquefying half of your dose will likely go over fine. I should mention that I didn’t liquify the entire 3.75 remaining mgs of my dose in one shot. I did it 1 mg at a time which was about a 25% change each time.

Vali, it seems like those who transition slowly from pill to liquid do the best. I transitioned over 12 days from homebrew to prescription liquid and I experienced increased symptoms for a couple months.

Vali, it seems like those who transition slowly from pill to liquid do the best. I transitioned over 12 days from homebrew to prescription liquid and I experienced increased symptoms for a couple months.

Thank you Kitsune. I see you did that at 3.8 mgs. I'm planning, when I get to 2 mgs and stable (sort of, as I'm never stable), to do 1 mg pill and 1 mg liquid, and then after I feel stable again, switch the remaining 1mg pill to liquid. Anyway I'm symptomatic and don't even know if I'll ever stabilize at this dose so I'm not cutting anytime soon.

Thank you Kitsune. I see you did that at 3.8 mgs. I'm planning, when I get to 2 mgs and stable (sort of, as I'm never stable), to do 1 mg pill and 1 mg liquid, and then after I feel stable again, switch the remaining 1mg pill to liquid. Anyway I'm symptomatic and don't even know if I'll ever stabilize at this dose so I'm not cutting anytime soon.

That's what I did V. Pills + liquid until I got to 1 mg.

Thanks jwl. I'll see how it goes for me when the time comes, if it ever comes.

It will come V. I noticed many of the Buddies I used to chat with 5-6 years ago are healed and living meaningful lives.

It will come V. I noticed many of the Buddies I used to chat with 5-6 years ago are healed and living meaningful lives.

That's so encouraging jwl. Thank you. Others however are still here. Or just reinstated. After all the kindling I've suffered, every cut is agony. At this extremely slow rate I'm not sure I'll ever make it. I'm trying not to put my life on hold in the meantime.

That's so encouraging jwl. Thank you. Others however are still here. Or just reinstated. After all the kindling I've suffered, every cut is agony. At this extremely slow rate I'm not sure I'll ever make it. I'm trying not to put my life on hold in the meantime.

I know how you feel. I've kindled twice after my CT and  a too rapid taper. When we get hit with a glutamate storm, it's scary and almost debilitating. As you can see from my sig, I took 2 years to address my glutamate/gaba balance.

Jwl do you mean that you had to hold for two years to get better? I don't know. What happened to me last summer has really thrown me off balance. I know I'm not going to be able to taper like people who haven't been in acute wd thus throwing all this glutamate damage to my brain. Probably all those you say that are no longer here did normal tapers, like my previous tapers were. I can't even handle a 5% a month cut so imagine how long it would take to come off. And I can't even consider being incapacitated as my life is very very demanding. I guess I'll chip away at it when I feel I can cut a little, and stop obsessing about being drug free, as that obsession is killing me. I'll just accept I'm ON valium and try to cut a little here and there whenever possible, after a reasonably good period. I hope you slowly get off your 1 mg. You did so well, don't ruin it now. Take it easy and go slowly and you'll be off before you know it!!