Author Topic: 3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people  (Read 124152 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people
« Reply #3220 on: October 19, 2020, 04:24:24 pm »
Hey everyone  :)

thought I would join in on this chat.

I am now down to 1.5mg Diazepam. I am using a dry taper with scales. I initially was doing larger cuts went from 2.5mg to 2mg (held for around month) then from 2mg to 1.75mg but I started feeling heavy withdrawals from 2.5mg to 2mg & 2mg to 1.75mg.

I then started to cut every 2 weeks by taking 0.1 mg off the weight of the last cut, so I went from 0.15mg to 0.14mg and now at 0.13mg (equals to 1.5mg Diazepam). I found the average weight of a tablet was 0.175mg and use that for my cuts.

Still feel some small effects but found it better than doing larger cuts.

Does that sound too slow for tapering? At this rate its going to take me 6 months to go from 1.5mg to 0mg of diazepam. Seems slow, but scared if I increase the speed I will get heavier withdrawals.

Thanks guys
 :thumbsup:

You go as fast as is comfortable for you. I donít think it sounds too slow.

I totally agree with Kit, if you feel good, that's the pace for you  ;).   
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3221 on: October 19, 2020, 04:51:12 pm »
Thank you for the reply [...] & Kit  :)

Yeah I feel comfortable in going the pace I am at and if I get a bad withdrawal I will hold  :thumbsup:

As you guys know you end up second guessing yourself, my anxiety is telling me I am going to slow and this will never end but I know there is light at the end the tunnel and I need to make sure I don't let my anxiety get to me.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3222 on: October 22, 2020, 05:18:02 pm »
Following
2.78 mg V ó tapering too fast. I know it but too stubborn or stupid to slow down

[Buddie]

« Reply #3223 on: October 22, 2020, 10:44:20 pm »
Following
2.78 mg V ó tapering too fast. I know it but too stubborn or stupid to slow down

We're not in a race. I wouldn't go any faster than symptoms will allow. If you continue to taper while in BWD you'll pile up symptoms on top of symptoms. Another reason to go slow is because [...] has a long lag time. Sometimes you won't feel sxs for a week or so.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:26:32 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #3224 on: October 22, 2020, 10:47:34 pm »
Iím at 1.5mg. In a wave after dropping.25mg a few days ago, but no worse than before x hang in there everyone

[Buddie]

« Reply #3225 on: October 23, 2020, 12:45:50 pm »
Matt, thatís great!! How are you feeling?

Thanks for asking It's complicated Big digestive problems I suppose i am not much worse that I have been for the last few months

[Buddie]

« Reply #3226 on: October 23, 2020, 02:23:52 pm »
Following

We're not in a race. I wouldn't go any faster than symptoms will allow. If you continue to taper while in BWD you'll pile up symptoms on top of symptoms. Another reason to go slow it because [...] has a long lag time. Sometimes you won't feel sxs for a week or so.

Thanks [...]
I do know this, but.... Ive been very symptomatic for years, but even a 7 mo hold did nothing to alleviate these. I actually only felt better after I started tapering again.  Since that time i havenít held more than a week. After holding for 4 days, I made a cut yesterday and felt better in PM than I had in a week. ó that means less brain pressure, milder head pain, body pain and aka stopped.
Makes no sense to me and am at a loss for how to proceed. I donít want to end up in years of protracted but have had acute like symptoms for almost 6 yrs now.
Iím [...] worn out from the whole process.
Thanks, Lil

[Buddie]

« Reply #3227 on: October 23, 2020, 02:50:04 pm »
Following

We're not in a race. I wouldn't go any faster than symptoms will allow. If you continue to taper while in BWD you'll pile up symptoms on top of symptoms. Another reason to go slow it because [...] has a long lag time. Sometimes you won't feel sxs for a week or so.

Thanks [...]
I do know this, but.... Ive been very symptomatic for years, but even a 7 mo hold did nothing to alleviate these. I actually only felt better after I started tapering again.  Since that time i havenít held more than a week. After holding for 4 days, I made a cut yesterday and felt better in PM than I had in a week. ó that means less brain pressure, milder head pain, body pain and aka stopped.
Makes no sense to me and am at a loss for how to proceed. I donít want to end up in years of protracted but have had acute like symptoms for almost 6 yrs now.
Iím [...] worn out from the whole process.
Thanks, Lil

You are not the first person Iíve heard say this. Some people simply do not benefit from long holds. We are all different and Iím glad that you know what works for you. That is so important. Perhaps once you get free of this poison you will simply walk off symptom free or minimal symptoms as youíve already been dealing with so much. At least that is my [...] for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3228 on: October 23, 2020, 03:41:44 pm »
Thanks Kit
As if I need another reason to cry, you brought good tears to my eyes.
Such a hopeful post for me!!
This is the way Iíve been thinking and hoping for all along. Youíve refueled me!!
xx 😘 Lil

[Buddie]

« Reply #3229 on: October 23, 2020, 04:13:55 pm »
Thanks Kit
As if I need another reason to cry, you brought good tears to my eyes.
Such a hopeful post for me!!
This is the way Iíve been thinking and hoping for all along. Youíve refueled me!!
xx 😘 Lil

Oh my, that fills my heart with so much joy! ❤️❤️❤️ I call those kind of tears ďhealing tearsĒ, they are the best kind.