Made it... finally

[da...]

Thank you for sharing! I was so depressed before I signed in tonight. Being here has helped so much. My husband and family try to be supportive - but they can untentionally irritating with their constant smiling and chatter...ugh. I know they are trying though. Horrid BENZOs. >:(

• 2 months later...

Hi just wanted to drop back in and update, as it's now 6 months or so....

Symptom-wise I'm a lot better. I can now pretty much function as normal without having to worry. I still get the occasional bout of dizziness, but its nothing compared to what I've been through. I can take long drives, do social events and just about be a normal person.

Training at the gym is still hard work - but its slowly getting easier and my workouts are getting longer. I've lost 17lbs so far... slow and steady! Need to lose another 12lbs or so and I'll be looking healthy.

With every week that passes I feel very slightly better. Its unbelievable how long this takes! If you are just tapering off then prepare yourself for a long haul - but don't worry its totally manageable after the first couple months...

Love to all - dappy

What an amazing journey you've had, Dappy!!! First alcohol, 20 years worth - and then benzos. You are a very determined person, and I have no doubt that you'll get to the weight you want to be and the hypoglycemia finally gone.

I understand why you didn't want to tell your wife about your benzo addiction, but you've conquered two of the most difficult journeys anyone can ever have. She'd be very proud of you, knowing that.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dappy....wonderful....honest success story. Great advice for newbies on getting through. So encouraging. ....You should be so proud of your trip through hell and getting out on the other side.  The very best to you. Your story is one of my favorites.    cooperten...

• 2 years later...