Please Help!-Any thoughts/experience on Lorazepam & Meclizine mix

[an...]

OMG! I woke up this morning after a horrible night. My nausea made me dry heave and I had my usual stomach pain. I thought about motion sickness medicine that was suggested to me. I found it in my medicine chest and a 1/2 tablet of 25mg meclizine (bonnie). STUPID, STUPID me. I should have checked with the pharmacist. STUPID! So I do a Google search and I realize it will have central nervous systems affects and may interact with my w/d symptoms. I have a lot of important things and decisions to make today among other timely things. I already feel the meclizine kicking in. Oh no!

(Pam, Sorry for the new thread!)

sorry folks - I'm on .20mg Lorazepam and have been for the past 7 days. Last night I may have gone to .180mg with my dry cut taper. So this morning, I took a morsel to see if I could stablize and then took the 1/2 tablet of meclizine.

Good morning, Anna,  I'm sorry to read you've had a bad night.  Nausea, on top of everything else you're going through, YUK!  I'm one of the fortunate few who rarely in life have had nausea, but the few times I have, I have disolved and drank a seltzer. It really did help.  Anna, how did you do a .20 mg. cut?  That one will be coming up for Daughter on 10/18, and I'm stumped. Hope you are feeling better by now. Athena

Hi Athena,

Thank you for your note. .20mg is approximately 1/3 of a pill. I use a magnifying glass on the .5mg pill and mark it. I have a pill cutter and do it that way. If I can get out of the house today, I will try to get the liquid that was prescribed to me. I'm feeling sedated right now after taking the motion sickness pill.

How is your daughter doing?

Anna

Good morning, Anna,  I'm sorry to read you've had a bad night.  Nausea, on top of everything else you're going through, YUK!  I'm one of the fortunate few who rarely in life have had nausea, but the few times I have, I have disolved and drank a seltzer. It really did help.  Anna, how did you do a .20 mg. cut?  That one will be coming up for Daughter on 10/18, and I'm stumped. Hope you are feeling better by now. Athena

Hi Anna, It is 'so far, so good' with Daughter's w/d.  Took her down to 2 1/2 mgs. yesterday. Of course that was a relatively small cut from 2 1/3.  Still, over the 20 days since beginning taper at 3 mg., she has dropped a full one-half milligram to 2 1/5, or 2.50 mg. so I am pleasantly surprised that I've observed no w/d reactions at all.  The gaba/physical part of w/d is huge, but I cannot help but wonder, since I've seen nothing resembling a w/c reaction, if the psychological impact is not almost equally as great.  Remember I said she is removed from any sort of fear/psychological impact of this, because for all she has known all along she could have been taking an aspirin.  She knows that medicine is supposed to make one feel better, but that's the extent of her ability to understand.  In a way, we're fortunate.  I'm going to be leaving for awhile today; I hope your day gets wayyy better. Athena

OMG! I woke up this morning after a horrible night. My nausea made me dry heave and I had my usual stomach pain. I thought about motion sickness medicine that was suggested to me. I found it in my medicine chest and a 1/2 tablet of 25mg meclizine (bonnie). STUPID, STUPID me. I should have checked with the pharmacist. STUPID! So I do a Google search and I realize it will have central nervous systems affects and may interact with my w/d symptoms. I have a lot of important things and decisions to make today among other timely things. I already feel the meclizine kicking in. Oh no!

(Pam, Sorry for the new thread!)

Hey Anna, no worries on starting a thread!  When you need help you need help!  I hope you're feeling a bit better now, but I'm sorry you had such a rough night.  You were afraid your window would slam shut and it looks like it did.  Hopefully the most you'll feel is the grogginess.  We're so sensitive to all meds and foods now, its a good idea to do the research before you reach for something to help.

Let us know how you're doing okay?  When you have time, it would sure help us if you'd put your current dose in a signature.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9432.0

Hi Anna,  I'm sorry you are going through this.  I can totally relate as I have taken another med (pain meds) for intense headaches that have given me bad reactions by increasing w/d symptoms. I have kicked myself many times for doing this but have repeated the mistake because I just couldn't tolerate the pain.  It's such a Catch 22.  I have found that ginger tea really helps nausea.  You can get it in the health food (tea bags) store or make it yourself: peal some fresh ginger root (I use a piece about the size of my thumb), chop it up real fine and put in in a big mug.  Pour boiling water over  it the ginger will float to the top.  Let it sit about 10- 15 minutes.  The ginger will now sink to the bottom of the cup.  Sip it slowly (it's a bit spicy). no need to strain because the ginger will all be at the bottom of your cup.  This has stopped bad nausea in in trackes for me.  I was completely amazed the first time I tried it.

I hope you're feeling better today.

xoxo

Lyd

sorry folks - I'm on .20mg Lorazepam and have been for the past 7 days. Last night I may have gone to .180mg with my dry cut taper. So this morning, I took a morsel to see if I could stablize and then took the 1/2 tablet of meclizine.

Hi Anna,

Geez, sorry about the recent trials with the Mec. meds.  In my early days of w/d's, I often took some weird crap every once in awhile, because my mind was flipping out and I'd get into a panic.  I guess it comes with the territory, eh?  Just drink lots of water and....whatever you do to flush things out.  Keep moving, go for a walk, whatever.   Try not to pressure yourself too much, okay?  Then things will be a little easier.  I've found some decisions can always wait for another day. 

Just curious, you said you "may have" gone down in dose.  Did you mean that you accidentally took less and you didn't mean to?  How do you keep track of your doses?  In a log? 

Can't wait to see your signature line!!!!

adelia

Thanks for the pep talk. Yes, I wasn't sure. My dry cutting isn't always perfect! Surprisingly however, I'm doing alright. Yes, drinking lots of water and pushed myself to exercise.

I hope you and your daughter had a good day!

Anna

Hi Anna,

Geez, sorry about the recent trials with the Mec. meds.  In my early days of w/d's, I often took some weird crap every once in awhile, because my mind was flipping out and I'd get into a panic.  I guess it comes with the territory, eh?  Just drink lots of water and....whatever you do to flush things out.  Keep moving, go for a walk, whatever.   Try not to pressure yourself too much, okay?  Then things will be a little easier.  I've found some decisions can always wait for another day. 

Just curious, you said you "may have" gone down in dose.  Did you mean that you accidentally took less and you didn't mean to?  How do you keep track of your doses?  In a log? 

Can't wait to see your signature line!!!!

adelia