want to start titration, a few questions

[fi...]

I am on 3.5-4mg of klonopin per day for hte last few years now.

anyways I am ready to start a taper using titration.

1. Is it better to use milk or water for the klonopin?

2. Do you need a blender to make sure the drug is evenly mixed throughout the milk or water?

I start by titrating my dose of .5mg at night.

Also this is how I split up my doses usually

1.5mg/1mg/1mg/.5

once I titrate the .5mg should I just re spread my doses so I am taking them around the same time?

Hi firstube,

1. It is a personal choice. Milk acts better as a suspension liquid as the crushed powder tends to adhere to the fat in the milk. Water can be used successfully but needs to be agitated constantly to keep the powder suspended evenly.

2. A blender is considered over kill. I used an extra long straw to stir my mixture.

Also this is how I split up my doses usually

1.5mg/1mg/1mg/.5

once I titrate the .5mg should I just re spread my doses so I am taking them around the same time?

Most are able to spread Klonopin by taking 2 or 3 times per day every 8 or 12 hours.

Hi Firsttube,

You should first stabilise your dose. Since you take 3.5 - 4mg per day, I suggest that you might stabilise at 3.5mg per day. This would be, in effect, your first cut. After a week or so (or when you feel ready), you might then start titration.

Having said this, if you are using 0.5mg tablets (please confirm this), you can reduce your dose by a quarter of a pill per day. A dose of 3.5mg using 0.5mg tablets, means using 7 pills per day. A quarter pill reduction from 7 pills equates to just over 3.5% - this is very manageable by the vast majority of people quitting Klonopin. When your dose is substantially reduced, when a quarter tablet from your total daily dose accounts for a much more significant proportion of your dose (a quarter pill from two pills per day would amount to a cut of 12.5%, for example), you might then find you need to titrate your pills. Your milage might vary. Many people withdraw from Klonopin by pill-splitting alone - I did. ;)